Tyreke Evans Watch 2K17

Now i'm not trying to be a debby downer, I make this off of a great win and I think Jackson is a stud.

But This guy is putting up near 45% 3's on nearly... 8 attempts per game?

23 PER?

I don't really know what he's looked like on the court, but that's kinda cool.. if he can continue, small sample and i'd bet Hield ends up with a higher % without looking at the tape... But hey that's good for him..

Now i'm not trying to be a debby downer, I make this off of a great win and I think Jackson is a stud.

23 PER?

I don't really know what he's looked like on the court, but that's kinda cool.. if he can continue, small sample and i'd bet Hield ends up with a higher % without looking at the tape... But hey that's good for him..
I haven't seen him play this year either but I still root for the guy. He seemed like a shell of his former self when he played with us last year but maybe he was still feeling the injuries. I hope he stays healthy and is in the running for 6th man of the year this year.

23 PER?

How does 47 3 point attempted in 10 games equal nearly 8 attempts per game? Unless there is something seriously wrong with my math.....http://www.nba.com/players/tyreke/evans/201936

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Evans has been great: Fizdale is letting him do his thing off the bench. I've always believed that, when Evans is healthy, he's one of the most unstoppable offensive guards in the league, it's just that his knees and ankles are made out of cotton candy.

If, after eight years, he's finally figured out how to hit jump shots (and the admittedly small sample size suggest that it's possible that he has), he may yet have a successful career ahead of him. Definitely pulling for him to be 6MOY.

How does 47 3 point attempted in 10 games equal nearly 8 attempts per game? Unless there is something seriously wrong with my math.....http://www.nba.com/players/tyreke/evans/201936
They have him at 51 3pters through 12 games, comes out to 4.6/game.

Evans has been great: Fizdale is letting him do his thing off the bench. I've always believed that, when Evans is healthy, he's one of the most unstoppable offensive guards in the league, it's just that his knees and ankles are made out of cotton candy.

If, after eight years, he's finally figured out how to hit jump shots (and the admittedly small sample size suggest that it's possible that he has), he may yet have a successful career ahead of him. Definitely pulling for him to be 6MOY.
I agree with you. Bold statement and I've said this before, but I think a healthy Tyreke would've been a top 10 player by now if he didn't get misused.

Tyreke has always been best with the ball in his hands. He averaged 20-5-5 in his rookie year on good shooting splits because he was the primary ball handler. As soon as we idiotically decided to play him at SF, he was a lot less ineffective...as reflected by his stats. When he joined the Pelicans, they initially played him at SG/SF. It wasn't until a while after Jrue got injured that they decided to let Tyreke run the point. During that stretch, he put up his rookie of the year numbers. 20pts 6asts 5rebs.

Speaking of Tyreke's jumper, his form looks A LOT better.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I've said it before, and I stand by it: that 17/5/7 (rounded up) he posted his second* season in New Orleans was more impressive than that 20/5/5 in his rookie year.

*read: healthy

Tyreke Evans is Back

On a roster with stars such as Mike Conley and Marc Gasol, Evans is leading the Grizz in Box Plus/Minus, Player Efficiency Rating and NBA.com’s Player Impact Estimate (basically an accounting of the percentage of “good things” a player does while on the floor).1 He has been the primary spark plug for one of the league’s best second units, a crucial element behind Memphis’s surprisingly solid start. If Evans keeps this up, he’ll be a sought-after free agent next summer, rather than an afterthought. He’ll also have done it as a different — and more modern — type of player than the one he was supposed to become.

Tyreke has been killing it lately and had quite a game tonight vs the Cavs.

31pts 7rebs 12ast on 50% shooting.

Glad he is staying healthy and he seems to have worked on his shot.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm happy for him, but also a little bitter he couldn't do it for us. :p

Dude looked like he was totally done last season, and everyone seemingly agreed with me seeing as he's getting paid peanuts by NBA standards.

What position is he playing this season?

41 min
13-24 fg
2-8 3fg
1-2 ft
2 oreb
11 dreb
13 reb
5 ast
0 stl
1 blk
2 to
2 pf
+3
29 pts

tonight against OKC (at home) in a 1 point OT loss. Solid numbers.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
It bothers me on a personal level that two of Evans' three best seasons of his career have come on losing teams. In a perfect world, the Grizzlies would be in the playoff hunt right now, and this would be the season that Evans finally gets an All-Star nod.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It bothers me on a personal level that two of Evans' three best seasons of his career have come on losing teams. In a perfect world, the Grizzlies would be in the playoff hunt right now, and this would be the season that Evans finally gets an All-Star nod.
You know I've never been a big Tyreke Evans fan, but it does seem unfair that he's doing well, he's staying on the court and yet he still can't get a break (no pun intended).

41 min
13-24 fg
2-8 3fg
1-2 ft
2 oreb
11 dreb
13 reb
5 ast
0 stl
1 blk
2 to
2 pf
+3
29 pts

tonight against OKC (at home) in a 1 point OT loss. Solid numbers.
McLemore also with 17 pts on 6-10, 5-7 from 3, 4 reb. How has he been for the season for those regularly watching the Grizz?

Tyreke 32pts 7asts 7rebs on 8-17FG 2-63PT and 14-15 FT.

I already said this before.. Tyreke revived his career under the Pelicans but nobody cared about the small market team outside of AD. Same thing happening now. Tyreke is reviving his career with Memphis...but nobody cares...again.

Great to see him play well. I think he can still be a good player. He's still only 28 and has continually improved his shooting stroke.

I already said this before.. Tyreke revived his career under the Pelicans but nobody cared about the small market team outside of AD. Same thing happening now. Tyreke is reviving his career with Memphis...but nobody cares...again.

Great to see him play well. I think he can still be a good player. He's still only 28 and has continually improved his shooting stroke.
To be fair, he is getting some recognition among writers. I read an article yesterday on TheRinger with him mentioned.

I'm rooting for him, and curious which contender he will get traded to.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member

For all the near-universal praise that Anthony Davis gets around the league, Tyreke Evans is the reason why the Pelicans made the playoffs that year, not the Brow. When healthy, he's a Top 10 guard in the league.

I'm still wondering if Tyreke is an empty stat guy or not. The Grizzlies looked a lot better with Conley running the point even though his stats weren't as nice as Tyreke's. Then again, Tyreke was playing well off the bench so it's impossible to compare the two when there's no elite 6th man coming off the bench right now. Either way I'm happy for the guy and I hope he can find himself in the playoffs again some point soon.

Shout out to Tyreke, for his fifth double-double of the season, leading to Memphis to the win, without Gasol, on top of the other guys who they were already missing.
Would have been cool to see Tyreke and Cousins play with each other as with their matured games and health. I wonder if they would mesh and be able to win.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Memphis has held Tyreke Evans out of the last few games, pending a trade; now it's being reported that Evans is not going to be traded before the deadline (cite). So, now I want to know if the Grizzlies are going to re-insert him into the lineup, like everything's cool?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I feel bad for Tyreke Evans. Guy was having a great season, until his ****-ass team decided that they were going to shut him down until the trade deadline, to make sure that he didn't get hurt, and ruin his trade value... And then they didn't trade him. And then, they refused to release him so that he could go to another team, but still won't play him.

This is why I stopped caring about "the name on the front" of player's jerseys: 'cause the name on the front ain't ****, that's why.

I wish I knew what they were trying to get for him (in trade). Did they have unrealistic expectations? He was on a one year deal, so, really only a rental and I don't even know if a contender would have been willing to pay even a future second rounder. Had the Celtics known that Kyrie was going to miss playoffs, maybe they might have. But honestly, if Magic embodied the joy of playing bb, Tyreke would be the poster boy for the polar opposite - no joy in Evansville.