TV information for upcoming games

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Found this on kings.com:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/kings/TVChannels.pdf

On Comcast, all three games are on 34 (SD) and 721 (HD).
On DirecTV, all three games are on 699 (SD) and 699-1 (HD).
On AT&T, all three games are on 768 (SD) and 1768 (HD).
On DishNet, which can never seem to make it easy, the channels are:

11/1 game - 444 (SD) and 9514 (HD).
11/2 game - 454 (SD) and 9577 (HD).
11/5 game - 449 (SD) and 9519 (HD).

Hope this helps.

Found this on kings.com:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/kings/TVChannels.pdf

On DirecTV, all three games are on 699 (SD) and 699-1 (HD).
On AT&T, all three games are on 768 (SD) and 1768 (HD).
On DishNet, which can never seem to make it easy, the channels are:

11/1 game - 444 (SD) and 9514 (HD).
11/2 game - 454 (SD) and 9577 (HD).
11/5 game - 449 (SD) and 9519 (HD).

Hope this helps.
Why the heck can't Dish just televise the dang Kings games on 409 (SD and HD) and move their other programming to the ALT channels? Never understood that, and I probably never will...

My Dish channels are different. CSNCA is 412-01 on mine, but only shows it being displayed in SD. i found the HD on 412-32 but it says (JIP) next to it. any idea what that means?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
JIP means joined in progress. (Usually because of about a five minute overlap from the preceding program...)

Edit: I noticed before that you said your DishNetwork channels are different. That amazes me as DishNetwork channels are generally universal...

No. But I am not sure that makes a difference. I think what it might be is where we're located. I live out in Roseville. Not sure where you live, so depending on that, it might be different...
Possibly the location or view may change what satellite your getting your signal from. You would think it would be consistent, but who knows. I used to have to Dish and was with them from back when they were Primestar. I asked if they would do anything in order to keep me and they refused. Now that I'm gone, they won't stop bothering me trying to get me back. Proactive is a lot better than reactive.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oddly enough, this does not appear to be the case for my Comcast for tonight's game. Normally the HD games have been on 721 (CSNCA), but today the live game appears to be on a heretofore unknown channel 780 (CSNH+). The late-night replay is scheduled on 721, however.

I only half trust this (the guide could well be telling me something silly) but if anybody on Comcast can't find the game on 721 tonight, check 780.

I haven't looked out for future games to see if they also run on 780 for the live broadcast.

Thanks for the heads-up Capt. Factorial. Like you, I didn't know I had a channel 780! It seems that future games will also be shown on this channel.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Thanks for the heads-up Capt. Factorial. Like you, I didn't know I had a channel 780! It seems that future games will also be shown on this channel.
Well, the guide still claims the game is on 780, but it is in fact on 721...thanks, Comcast. Good thing I didn't have to rely on the recording I set up on the DVR this morning.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, the guide still claims the game is on 780, but it is in fact on 721...thanks, Comcast. Good thing I didn't have to rely on the recording I set up on the DVR this morning.
So the info in the IP from the Kings website was right? Good to know for future reference. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can guarantee you that the rest of us will forget it. For my purposes, 721 has been a consistent channel for a couple years.
I was just impressed that Kings.com has made such great strides in getting good info. out to the fans on a timely basis.

can someone explain league pass to me? I had league pass last year when I lived in Sacramento, and theKings games were usually blacked out (I didn't have TV). I'm in Reno now, will the games still be blacked out? What's the point of me getting league pass to watch the Kings if it is going to be blacked out... (I have charterTV here but they don't have nbatv or televise the King's games...)

I just looked at the listing on Kings.com. Great info but unfortunately we now have the Dish Hopper and those channels were not listed. You have to be pro-active in programming. I thought I had it set to record and went to watch last night's game and Dish moved the channels and it missed 2/3 of the game. I could have watched in in SD at 11:00 PM. My Dish guide has tonight's game listed in three different places and I will be sitting in my chair with remote in my hand at 7:30 PM and see which one is showing the game. It "SHOULD" be on CSNBA since the game is in Oakland. "Should" is the key word here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
can someone explain league pass to me? I had league pass last year when I lived in Sacramento, and theKings games were usually blacked out (I didn't have TV). I'm in Reno now, will the games still be blacked out? What's the point of me getting league pass to watch the Kings if it is going to be blacked out... (I have charterTV here but they don't have nbatv or televise the King's games...)
You should have no problem in Reno, as it is outside the Kings blackout area...at least I'm pretty sure it is. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just looked at the listing on Kings.com. Great info but unfortunately we now have the Dish Hopper and those channels were not listed. You have to be pro-active in programming. I thought I had it set to record and went to watch last night's game and Dish moved the channels and it missed 2/3 of the game. I could have watched in in SD at 11:00 PM. My Dish guide has tonight's game listed in three different places and I will be sitting in my chair with remote in my hand at 7:30 PM and see which one is showing the game. It "SHOULD" be on CSNBA since the game is in Oakland. "Should" is the key word here.
Ah, the reason some people have different DishNetwork channel listings. Not sure what we can do to help in that regard. Hopefully you guys with Hopper can post the right info.

Those are the two channels that I have listed in my guide plus one on League Pass but that one will probably be blacked out since the game is available on local networks. Why or why do they (Dish Network) have to jump around so much with all the alts. Makes it hard to leave for the day and program the game ahead of time.

About League Pass, we live in Truckee, CA and whenever the games are televised on either CSNCA or CSNBA the league pass games are blacked out. You need to get a hold of NBA league Pass people and see what area Reno falls in.

I checked the website it says:

For the ZIP code provided the below teams are in the home television market and are subject to blackout on NBA LEAGUE PASS:
  • Golden State Warriors
  • Sacramento Kings
The ZIP code used above is an approximation. Blackouts are determined by your IP address from your internet connection.

Additionally, live nationally broadcast games on NBATV, ABC, ESPN and TNT are blacked out in NBA LEAGUE PASS. Nationally broadcast games will be available for viewing in the game archives no sooner than three hours after game completion

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The ZIP code used above is an approximation. Blackouts are determined by your IP address from your internet connection...
Okay, what?Are you talking about regular League Pass or Broadband League Pass?