Training Camp Scrimmage Highlights!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
They’re still doing those stupid dribble handoffs and that high post stuff? We don’t have Vlade and Webber anymore. Jesus Christ, let it go.
1) Actually, we still have Vlade.
2) The last time we made the playoffs we were doing those stupid dribble handoffs and high post stuff. Perhaps we should save our ire for the sets that have never worked in the long run, like, say, isolating our PG up top in a 1-4 Flat.

2) The last time we made the playoffs we were doing those stupid dribble handoffs and high post stuff. Perhaps we should save our ire for the sets that have never worked in the long run, like, say, isolating our PG up top in a 1-4 Flat.
Haha last time we made the playoffs basketball wasn’t played like it was 3-4 years ago let alone now.

Yeah I'm not going to take too much from a training camp video but it looks like the same exact offense.

I have a feeling when these guys are talking about running, they're talking about running drills. The actual basketball sets still had a slow pace.

Here are a couple of links to some nice Kings Training camp video that you guys and gals might like! :)

Grrr. The first play sets me on edge. Instead of Fox making the pass when he should to Giles he waits until he is sure he can’t do anything alone and then passes to Giles. Not only is Giles out of rythym but if WCS has any BBIQ he would have seen that pass coming and gone the other way with it.

Grrr. The first play sets me on edge. Instead of Fox making the pass when he should to Giles he waits until he is sure he can’t do anything alone and then passes to Giles. Not only is Giles out of rythym but if WCS has any BBIQ he would have seen that pass coming and gone the other way with it.
First post but dude are we seeing the same thing? Fox waits until both players have committed to double him and drops it to Giles. If Willie commits to Giles then Skal(who Willie is guarding) is wide open for a dunk. Fox saw this and manipulated the D to give Giles the option of a wide open jumper or a drop off to Skal for the dunk. Bagley was guarding Giles and moved to switch on Fox. It was a very heady play on Foxs part in all truth.

we dont have the roster for that and there are no significant changes that have happened for us to continue to go with that. One would hope our coach has some different ideas and we dont have to decide between the two options you've laid out

we dont have the roster for that and there are no significant changes that have happened for us to continue to go with that. One would hope our coach has some different ideas and we dont have to decide between the two options you've laid out
The one thing that keeps me from trashing Joerger is last season the roster was incredibly inexperienced with the obvious few exceptions. Thats a tall order for any HC so let's pick a style and run with it for once in a decade +.

Couldn't help but hear someone at the 45 sec mark of the second video, yelling at Marvin to pick up the pace, and that he was walking everywhere.

I mention it not to point out Marvin, but the coaches pushing the tempo. Sweet music.

First post but dude are we seeing the same thing? Fox waits until both players have committed to double him and drops it to Giles. If Willie commits to Giles then Skal(who Willie is guarding) is wide open for a dunk. Fox saw this and manipulated the D to give Giles the option of a wide open jumper or a drop off to Skal for the dunk. Bagley was guarding Giles and moved to switch on Fox. It was a very heady play on Foxs part in all truth.
To me the ball stuck in Fox’s hands (which hurts pace) and should have been slid between the two defenders to Giles in rhythm. It came about 2 seconds too slow. Fox was looking for a bail out to Giles which was the same I’m stuck bail out pass he threw to ZBo all last year. Willie should have been rotating up looking for that pass.

Couldn't help but hear someone at the 45 sec mark of the second video, yelling at Marvin to pick up the pace, and that he was walking everywhere.

I mention it not to point out Marvin, but the coaches pushing the tempo. Sweet music.
I believe I heard on the James Ham podcast that the coaches have been running the team so hard that some players have been puking. That the veterans have never run so much in a training camp.

It's a sign that the coaches want to be able to get up and down the court this year. Will probably be a big adjustment for the rookies as well who are for the first time spending all of their time devoted to playing ball. Their bodies will have to adjust to the rigors of the NBA life.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I believe I heard on the James Ham podcast that the coaches have been running the team so hard that some players have been puking. That the veterans have never run so much in a training camp.

It's a sign that the coaches want to be able to get up and down the court this year. Will probably be a big adjustment for the rookies as well who are for the first time spending all of their time devoted to playing ball. Their bodies will have to adjust to the rigors of the NBA life.
Poor Z-Bo is probably dead by now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

what this also does for the young players is show them how important diet plays a part in being able to sustain this type of running throughout a 82 game season

Idk if it was in the scrimmage vids but I saw this gem!!!

& its another year of training camp, and another year of mah dude McBen looking good in basketball that isn’t actual NBA games. This is the year it translates to the court. Absolutely. For sure!

And lady's and gentlemen!

Please let me introduce the new starting Small Forward for the Sacramento Kings, Ben McClemore!!! :eek:

Well, at least I didn't predict starting Shooting Guard!!! :oops:

Maybe, Ben can become our version of a Kent Bazemore type SF!

Last edited:
No, see, the last time the Warriors won a championship basketball wasn't played like it is now.
The issue with the Kings is they run a high post offense while also trying to post up low without spreading the floor and attempting to take mid range lower yield shots. Motion offense is what any real NBA half court set it built around, but this team can't clog the middle with the talent they have and the Warriors don't do that even if they share the ball. It did look like there was more space in the vids so that's good.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
They’re still doing those stupid dribble handoffs and that high post stuff? We don’t have Vlade and Webber anymore. Jesus Christ, let it go.
If your trying to spread the floor, then the high post offense is an excellent way to accomplish that. What you don't want is a 7 footer hanging out in the post clogging up the lane.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Really? The first play you watched set you on edge? You need to get a freaking life dude. It's only practice, and your trying to break it down like its a championship game. Lighten up a bit and relax. My god, I can't believe some of you people.