Trading this years #1.

Obviously depending on exactly where we land in the lottery but everything should be under careful consideration with asset management right now.

Randolph + Shumpert + 1st
For
O. Porter + 1st

If Washington underachieves in the PO's they might consider changing things up. A high pick and cap space would definitely intrest them under those conditions. For us we get a sure fire SF locked up . BTW I want to specify especially if the pick is top 5 I don't make a deal without the pick swap because Porter isn't a all star level player but he checks alot of boxes for us.

Next year we step to the plate with a roster that's ready to put our best foot forward.

Uhhh, no.

The Kings last chance until summer 2020 to get a blue chipper that's likely to develop into franchise player is crushing the 2018 draft. They tanked this season to get a high 2018 pick. Now, you propose flipping that pick for a second bite at the Otto Porter apple?

Folks may be jazzed over the prospects of Fox, Bogdan, Porter, Giles, and WCS plus whatever the Kings get a with the Wiz and Buddy off the bench. But, that's a mediocre team heading nowhere.

PS - If Otto Porter had ANY interest in playing in Sacramento, he would have signed a max offer sheet with the Kings. The Kings clearly were wiling to make that offer, and Otto was pretty confident the Wiz would match. But, if the Wiz didn't, Otto was spending a long time in Sacramento. Notably, he did not sign the offer sheet with Sacramento. He looked for a more palatable worst case scenario and found one in Brooklyn. Trading for Otto, on a max, when he probably doesn't want to be here, and giving up the 2018 pick the Kings have slogged through the season to obtain. That strikes me as fairly nuts.

Uhhh, no.

The Kings last chance until summer 2020 to get a blue chipper that's likely to develop into franchise player is crushing the 2018 draft. They tanked this season to get a high 2018 pick. Now, you propose flipping that pick for a second bite at the Otto Porter apple?

Folks may be jazzed over the prospects of Fox, Bogdan, Porter, Giles, and WCS plus whatever the Kings get a with the Wiz and Buddy off the bench. But, that's a mediocre team heading nowhere.

PS - If Otto Porter had ANY interest in playing in Sacramento, he would have signed a max offer sheet with the Kings. The Kings clearly were wiling to make that offer, and Otto was pretty confident the Wiz would match. But, if the Wiz didn't, Otto was spending a long time in Sacramento. Notably, he did not sign the offer sheet with Sacramento. He looked for a more palatable worst case scenario and found one in Brooklyn. Trading for Otto, on a max, when he probably doesn't want to be here, and giving up the 2018 pick the Kings have slogged through the season to obtain. That strikes me as fairly nuts.
All that is business the fact that he even gave us a sit down is positive. I guess I should add that I'm not as enamored with this year's class as most.

Yeah, umm, no.....What @Larry David said...No way would I ever consider swapping this year's pick (which will be significantly higher than Washington's, btw), for their pick and Otto Porter. Otto Porter is NOT worth our 1st + Shump + Z-Bo. Leave that pick out of it, and maybe I say "sure, I will consider". But, no chance in heck would I give up our first for that.

Thing is going against "group think" has served me well in life that's why I don't have an issue throwing stuff out like this. I think it's something worth exploring. My humble opinion.
Well, I do respect your opinion, but...Maybe if we're a "middle of the lottery/mid-first round" team, then, sure, I would explore. Not this year, though, when we could potentially land a top 3 pick and, as result, grab a cornerstone of/for our franchise.

Hey man,

Thing is going against "group think" has served me well in life that's why I don't have an issue throwing stuff out like this. I think it's something worth exploring. My humble opinion.
Id always be open to a trade, but Otto Porter doesnt move the needle for me. He is one of those players whose salary feels like a stretch or overpay for what he provides. Same situation as what grizz did for Conley.

In fact, I hope we do do a trade down, but only if we have a top 1 or 2 pick and after trade we end up picking a few spots later where we can get jackson, porter OR depending on what additional asset was given up a little further back for Mikal Bridges or W. Carter

Superstars attract other stars. I don't think a top 3 pick would do it, but Fox and a top 3 pick would be a good starting point. Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league.
Not saying it would happen. Im just thinking though that the potential value or hope of a top pick this year is he becomes a top 10 player. So it would take a big name like Kawhi to move the needle versus an otto porter

Superstars attract other stars. I don't think a top 3 pick would do it, but Fox and a top 3 pick would be a good starting point. Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league.
The problem with that is that Kawhi has a player option after next season. That is way too much to give up for a possible one year rental. The Spurs may also lack leverage with what has been going on especially if Kawhi wants out.

we need kids in the same age bracket. Its as simple as that. Everyone needs to be peaking at the same time for us to make a championship run. We have no use for Otto Porter right now given all the pieces around him are basically developing.

draft kids, develop kids, pay kids appropriately so we can add complementary pieces as required. That should be the plan

I can see a scenario where we trade it. That scenario is where we get the top pick and trade back while staying in the top five to pick up a high value 2019 pick. Similar to what Boston did this year. Beyond that, I don't think there's any reason to trade the pick. Thinking about that scenario is silly right now though, since we have no idea where our pick is. Heck if we wind up winning too much and wind up with pick 10 (8th worst record bumped back twice) I could definitely see us trading it for an average level vet since the front office wont want the egg on their face of losing a super high 2019 pick, and at 10 there won't really be anyone who can come in and immediately help us win.

If we were to trade our pick it would have to fall 3-5 where we can’t get Doncic or Ayton than I go all out for Kawhi Leonard.

Pick 3-5, WCS, Hield, and JJ
For
Kawhi

Give Bradley the max

Fox/Mason
Bradley/Bogdan
Kawhi/Temple
Skal/Giles
KK/ZBo

If we were to trade our pick it would have to fall 3-5 where we can’t get Doncic or Ayton than I go all out for Kawhi Leonard.

For
Kawhi

Give Bradley the max

Fox/Mason
Bradley/Bogdan
Kawhi/Temple
Skal/Giles
KK/ZBo
I'll give you the same answer you gave for Jordan in the other thread. No. But I'll add, Hell No!

Temple and Kosta might not even be here next year, their option. You would trade a lot of your youth for one player? And that player has a player option the following year.

I'll give you the same answer you gave for Jordan in the other thread. No. But I'll add, Hell No!

Temple and Kosta might not even be here next year, their option. You would trade a lot of your youth for one player? And that player has a player option the following year.
There’s a difference between the 12th best CENTER and the 2nd best player in the league. Jordan and his overrated defense can’t play 4th quarters is not that much better than wcs to go after him.

Kawhi if is traded the “rumors” are he upset with management and doctors in SA. Doesn’t like how they gave big contracts to Pau and LMA and don’t have young players. Here we’d pair him with Fox, Bogdan, Skal, and Giles who could all show him there potential. While Avery Bradley would be a borderline all star player his age with good vets in KK, Temple, and ZBo off the bench. That team is a playoff team and go into the offseason showing Kawhi promise.

It’s a pipe dream and yes Kawhi is easily no doubt about 3nd best player in the league

There’s a difference between the 12th best CENTER and the 2nd best player in the league. Jordan and his overrated defense can’t play 4th quarters is not that much better than wcs to go after him.

Kawhi if is traded the “rumors” are he upset with management and doctors in SA. Doesn’t like how they gave big contracts to Pau and LMA and don’t have young players. Here we’d pair him with Fox, Bogdan, Skal, and Giles who could all show him there potential. While Avery Bradley would be a borderline all star player his age with good vets in KK, Temple, and ZBo off the bench. That team is a playoff team and go into the offseason showing Kawhi promise.

It’s a pipe dream and yes Kawhi is easily no doubt about 3nd best player in the league
If he's that upset, you don't give up the farm to get him. It could be a one year rental and then your cupboards are bare again.

Wait one year, show that the team has promise and then just sign him. And if the team isn't good enough for him then, why would he stay if forced here this offseason.

If he's that upset, you don't give up the farm to get him. It could be a one year rental and then your cupboards are bare again.

Wait one year, show that the team has promise and then just sign him. And if the team isn't good enough for him then, why would he stay if forced here this offseason.
No free agent that bog is coming to Sacramento best bet is trading for him and hoping he likes it here and the team

Hey OP... I don't think you're crazy, depending on where we land in the lottery. Not at all.

Depends on how people tier the top 7-8 or so players and I'm no expert but it seems kind of like there is Doncic/Ayton = jackpot never trade for any asset. Then there are the next 5 guys who have some good rep, positive press - they mock high Bagley Porter Jackson Young Bamba... but depending on a given scout is there really a guarantee that they will be a better player than Otto Porter - who fills a position of need? I don't know no Bamba. I'll take a sure thing NBA starter at the three for him - yes.

I'm not as sure as everybody else that this is crazy - I'll join the crazy side and say that if you can get a first rate NBA starter... you consider it as long as it isn't Doncic/Ayton. If that whole first 7-8 player batch turns into NBA stars it would be quite a surprise.

For
Kawhi

Give Bradley the max

Fox/Mason
Bradley/Bogdan
Kawhi/Temple
Skal/Giles
KK/ZBo
Why would you give Avery Bradley the max? You do realize that he was Detroit's 4th best player? On a team that was barely holding onto 8th seed? It would be a horrific contract. The worst in the NBA. We already have Bogdan and Buddy at SG, so I don't see a reason why we would give out a max contract to a role player.

Not sure if you know, but Kawhi has a PO on his final year of the contract. So we'd be trading a top 5 pick, WCS, Hield, and JJ for a 1 year rental of Kawhi? He's not going to resign here. We're already getting intel that he's been unhappy with the Spurs. If he's unhappy on the Spurs, imagine him under Vlade and co.

That roster would not sniff the playoffs in the Western Conference. Your PF/Cs are extremely weak.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I say no to trading the pick, there isn't anyone available right now that we know of anyway to trade that pick. If the Kings land outside the top 4 or 5, then maybe I'd consider it but otherwise, just continue to stock talent and let it grow together. It will eventually come together and the ones that aren't part of the plan moving forward, you ship them off just like Malachi & Papa.