Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

Maybe, but I'm betting that Morey is absolutely desperate for the Sixers to open the season without missing a beat, because if they do, then Simmons also loses his leverage. Simmons' holdout is predicated on the following threat: "Trade me or suffer the consequences." If the consequences are a winning record and favorable playoff positioning, then Philly can stare Simmons down for as long as they want, waiting for the best possible deal to come along, while Simmons forfeits check after check and piles up fine after fine, wondering all the while if his holdout is worth tens of millions of dollars.

Of course, to your point, that will likely also cause opposing GM's to say, "Well, he's not so great after all if Philly is on track for another .600+ season without him," thus keeping Simmons' value depressed, and keeping Simmons and Morey locked in perpetual limbo. Morey has to hope that the Sixers get off to a hot start, the media narrative shifts to favor the Sixers in this drawn-out saga, and Ben Simmons/Rich Paul feel enough of the pressure and financial loss to blink. If Morey gets Simmons back on the court before the trade deadline, he stands a good chance of recouping more value than he would have gotten this offseason. But there are a lot of BIG if's for the Sixers to clear in order for opposing GM's to improve their offers.

Personally, if the shape of the rumored Indiana deal was accurately reported, I think Morey should have taken it. He should see if it's still on the table and take it tomorrow. In a vacuum, it's a better deal than anything the Kings have offered, and it allows the franchise to get past the drama while preserving locker room unity and shielding the team from constantly having to answer "What's the deal with Ben Simmons?" questions for however long the holdout would otherwise drag on.
I agree. That's why there is almost no way that Moray comes out of this without losing something.

I feel like the leverage has been steadily growing for Philly. Klutch and ESPN can try to spin it every which way but Simmons is on his way to missing out on big money. The 6ers didn't throw Ben under the bus Simmons has been acting like a pampered cry baby and everyone knows it.

Buddy/Bagley Two top 3 protected firsts if 4-30 option to pick swap those picks, plus 1 pick swap. Philly probably wants a point guard though and holding out for Mitchell or Haliburton. Otherwise take the Indiana deal of Levert Brogdon and a 1st from Indy and call it a day.

Buddy/Bagley Two top 3 protected firsts if 4-30 option to pick swap those picks, plus 1 pick swap. Philly probably wants a point guard though and holding out for Mitchell or Haliburton. Otherwise take the Indiana deal of Levert Brogdon and a 1st from Indy and call it a day.
It’s not going to be Buddy and Bagley nor should it be. Buddy is a player you want to keep around Ben.

I think a better question is if you are gong to trade one of: Fox, Mitchell, or Haliburton which one do you trade?

From the limited I have seen for me it’s Fox. Not because I hate Fox, but because Fox’s elite skill meshes poorly with Ben.

Mitchell’s elite skill is penetration defense:
This meshes well with Simmons as his one defensive weakness is smaller quicker guards. With Mitchell and Ben you would have an A+ defensive stopper for any player except perhaps Jokic. Both players also play strong help defense and could let Buddy do his thing.

Haliburton’s elite skill is court vision:
Sometimes with elite vision you see the pass that leads to the pass. Simmons has the same kind of vision. He and Hali would be able to facilitate an incredible ability to move the ball and see the open man.

Fox’s elite skill is dribble penetration:
This skill meshes poorly with Ben because as a non-shooter, Ben’s man will sag off and help slow down Fox’s dribble penetration. A good shooting 3 or someone like Bradley Beal who could catch and shoot 3’s when Fox collapses the defense is the fit with Fox. Ben is the opposite of that type of player.

But Fox and Ben Simmons on the break would be NICE
I don't think so. I don't like having a glutton of people on the team that are/were primary ball handler(s). Adding Haliburton to the mix of Fox and Buddy is about as far as I want to go with this (besides Mitchell) How could we possibly play Haliburton, Fox and Simmons at the same time? That would make for a useless Hali or Simmons. You see teams that have less talented players one vs one, but that are 20+ wins better than us right? We can't start putting mismatched pieces in there just because they are great players.

I guess we can stop wondering (for the time being) and concentrate on what we have going forward. Our team, as is, is growing on me and hope regular season is somewhat similar to what we’re seeing in summer league and preseason.
I'm very jazzed by the work Monte has done, from drafting Mitchell to re-upping Richaun, from continuing to restock the bench to bringing in Christie and Longabardi. From what I've read about Longabardi he enjoys a strong rep as a defensive coach and certainly has been around for a while.

Throw in the work Fox and Hali have done to get stronger and I fully expect the Kings at least to be an average defensive team this year, which will pave their way into the top-8.

Kudos to Morey for holding steady. I still think they can hash things out but if not, maybe a gentleman’s agreement to explore a trade at the deadline or the off-season?

I'm very jazzed by the work Monte has done, from drafting Mitchell to re-upping Richaun, from continuing to restock the bench to bringing in Christie and Longabardi. From what I've read about Longabardi he enjoys a strong rep as a defensive coach and certainly has been around for a while.

Throw in the work Fox and Hali have done to get stronger and I fully expect the Kings at least to be an average defensive team this year, which will pave their way into the top-8.
yup people trippin if they think Monte isn’t doing a good job. We literally have a lineup of 10-11 NBA players that would at least be in a rotation on most teams. Yeah we didn’t get any wings but they’re the most coveted position right now and is hella difficult to acquire. So far he’s done the best of any GM we’ve had in a longggggg while

Fox has literally said that he’s always had the ball in his hands and playing with Haliburton has been great cause he’s finally learning how to play off-ball. We ain’t getting rid of that duo. We gonna keep the 3 guards and the Simmons trade ain’t happening just stop with that trash lol

yeah but Fox’s strength is he doesn’t need anyone else. He can be a one person fast break,
We haven’t even scratched the surface of what Fox can do off-ball. Kinda saw it last year but him taking off to the bucket after a team rebound. He’s burning everybody. That’s free buckets and we already know everybody gonna be looking for him

We've said we wanted him back but we've also leaked out every horrific accusation you can about the guy and called him soft. And offered him to every team under the sun, but we wanted him back which you can verify because we had the most over inflated valuation of all time so it was never really open for discussion, we were just humoring y'all. But here is another leak about what a bum he is.

Cool story, bro.