[Trade rumor]Kings offered Bjelica for Kuzma, Lakers want Bogdan instead

I've seen Kuzma play with team USA vs Australia and in a handful of Laker games. Also read some comments of his around the time Lakers shipped out their young guys for AD. His confidence seems on point. Now just needs to work on game.

I've seen Kuzma play with team USA vs Australia and in a handful of Laker games. Also read some comments of his around the time Lakers shipped out their young guys for AD. His confidence seems on point. Now just needs to work on game.
People looking at this year's version of Kuzma and thinking this is all he's got are being silly. Kuzma is not being used to his strengths. Looking at his numbers as a starter or even when he's played more than the 25 minutes he's getting now he's been much more effective. Bjelly's stock is as high as it will ever be and I honestly love Bogi's game. But both can be gone in the offseason.

People pretending Kuzma is trash are simply lying to themselves. He's every bit as talented as Bogi. I get the fit concerns, but the people saying he's not good are delusional. The same stuff was being said of all the young Lakers before they were traded. Jordan Clarkson is looking like an excellent 6th man. Randle has transformed into a consistent 18 and 8 a game guy. DLo and Ingram have both now been selected to the Allstar game. Mo Wagner and Thomas Bryant are looking like a steal for what the Wizards gave up for them.

Several of their players have been steals for the teams that traded for them. I'm willing to bet Kuzma would be better away from them.

People looking at this year's version of Kuzma and thinking this is all he's got are being silly. Kuzma is not being used to his strengths.
You straight assuming that people are solely looking at this year's version of Kuzma is --- well, silly. It's called confirmation bias.

Some people just don't believe he's that great a player. Or, at the very least, not good enough to trade Bogi or Belly for or to deal with a division and hated rival.

@Joshoua is spot on about his defense. It's 'turrible' to quote Charles Barkley. The KINGS have enough players that can score but not defend. They've got that market cornered.

Bogi is a better all-around player by far and Belly is every bit as good a deep shooter as Kuz. So what's the point?

It seems to me that some fans are just in on making changes for the sake of making changes. But that's not necessarily gonna make the team any better.

Meanwhile, it remains a pretty smart tactic not to help improve a team you hope to be competing against for division and playoffs in the near future and that just happens to be a hated rival. Believe it or not, they won't have LBJ for all that much longer. Dude will be 36 yo later this year.

(Hi everyone, first post)
Good point, but maybe Bjelica will be happy to leave the underwhelming Kings and go to a title candidate. If not, it would be a but of a nasty move by Vlade.

I'm not very impressed by Kuzma. His advanced stats are worse than Bjelica's, with the exception of TO%. At age 24, I am not sure he has much upside left. Also, he is smaller and lighter, so where would we play him? Pair him with Bagley and they have not enough length and bulk. At least Bjelica can play stretch 5 occasionally. So then what, is Kuzma a backup for Barnes and Bagley?
I'm a simple Israeli. I see another Israeli kings fan, I give an upvote. :cool:

You straight assuming that people are solely looking at this year's version of Kuzma is --- well, silly. It's called confirmation bias.

Some people just don't believe he's that great a player. Or, at the very least, not good enough to trade Bogi or Belly for or to deal with a division and hated rival.

@Joshoua is spot on about his defense. It's 'turrible' to quote Charles Barkley. The KINGS have enough players that can score but not defend. They've got that market cornered.

Bogi is a better all-around player by far and Belly is every bit as good a deep shooter as Kuz. So what's the point?

It seems to me that some fans are just in on making changes for the sake of making changes. But that's not necessarily gonna make the team any better.

Meanwhile, it remains a pretty smart tactic not to help improve a team you hope to be competing against for division and playoffs in the near future and that just happens to be a hated rival. Believe it or not, they won't have LBJ for all that much longer. Dude will be 36 yo later this year.
It's really not about helping the Lakers. They're not good JUST because of LeBron. They also have Anthony Davis and a host of role players. They showed that they can contribute when one or both of LeBron/AD sit out. My bigger concern is the fact the Kings aren't good now and if we pay Bogi we're committing to a team that can't even win the 8th seed. As currently constructed the Lakers could very well make it out of the conference. We're worrying about not helping a team that doesn't need our help.

I'm all for finding better options to trade for Bogi and Jeli but we're almost out of time. Our options are either one or both walk and we become a lesser team than we are today or we resign one or both and further exacerbate our cap situation with our best 2 players still needing to be signed in the next 3 seasons. The scary part is I don't know which option is worse. Either we get worse as a team but gain cap space or we stay the same and lose it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bjelica is basically currently at his ceiling. Do you think Kuzma can be as good as Bjelica has been? If this was the offseason after Kuzma's rookie year, I'd say he easily would. Then he took a step back last year. Then he took a huge step back this year despite being on one of the best teams in the league.

There are so many variables with Kuzma, I don't see it ever working out. He would have to miraculously go from being terrible to very good. Then Bagley would have to go from being terrible defensively to very good. If that doesn't happen, then we would need to find some other player that can defend and rebound at an elite level next to him because Kuzma averages 5.7 rebounds per36.

Too many variables. It's the same problem we have with Bagley. A whole slew of things have to go right in order for it to work out. The Kings need to acquire players that don't require unicorns next to them to succeed.
If the Kings make the deal for Kuzma, I'm going to be pretty confident in the deal, if for no other reason that Walton coached him. It's not like he doesn't know what he's getting. He worked with him for years. He knows his work ethic, his strengths, his weaknesses, his coachability. If anyone knows his potential and how well he would integrate into the Kings' team it should be Walton. This is the rare circumstance in which the potential buyer may know more than the seller about what he has or doesn't have.

If the Kings make the deal for Kuzma, I'm going to be pretty confident in the deal, if for no other reason that Walton coached him. It's not like he doesn't know what he's getting. He worked with him for years. He knows his work ethic, his strengths, his weaknesses, his coachability. If anyone knows his potential and how well he would integrate into the Kings' team it should be Walton. This is the rare circumstance in which the potential buyer may know more than the seller about what he has or doesn't have.
I agree but I not sold on giving Bogi for him. The sg position is one of our strengths but then again do we keep Bogi and resign him.

I will leave that up to Vlade and company as they should have a better idea of what his plans are.

It's really not about helping the Lakers. They're not good JUST because of LeBron. They also have Anthony Davis and a host of role players. They showed that they can contribute when one or both of LeBron/AD sit out. My bigger concern is the fact the Kings aren't good now and if we pay Bogi we're committing to a team that can't even win the 8th seed. As currently constructed the Lakers could very well make it out of the conference. We're worrying about not helping a team that doesn't need our help.

I'm all for finding better options to trade for Bogi and Jeli but we're almost out of time. Our options are either one or both walk and we become a lesser team than we are today or we resign one or both and further exacerbate our cap situation with our best 2 players still needing to be signed in the next 3 seasons. The scary part is I don't know which option is worse. Either we get worse as a team but gain cap space or we stay the same and lose it.
Yes they are. If they didn’t have lebron they’d be the cavs of the west or best case scenario pelicans and in the hunt for the 8th seed. Lebron is that good even at this point in his career. With him they are at the top of the conference. Without him they are at the bottom or 8 seed at best.

What a stupid trade. BJ has been integral to our success and is a leader ofthis team
That is the problem his skillset is not going to be easy to replace (high IQ/can get to the rim some/elite shooting/unselfish) at a cheap cost but the fact that he has to play well for the Kings to be a success is super worrying moving forward since he's not in the 23-28 age range bracket and not part of the future.

I would do either deal. Bjelica has been good for us but he'll be 32 soon and largely irrelevant in regards to the future. Bogdan runs hot and cold, dribbles too much and tends to play hero ball. He's a good player but Kuzma is younger and has the size for SF and PF. Needs to improve his defense.
Trading Bogie for Kuzma is the ultimate tank move. Hello. Kuzma does NOT want to be here. See his comments last year about playing in Orlando and his dating a Kardashian.

Bringing Kuzma here is the worst winning move you can make. It's a sabotage.

Y’all watching the game anyone wanting to trade for this clown Kuzma should have there account suspended. Doesn’t pass whatsoever doesn’t defend just shoots
In other words, the kind of player our FO loves? :)

But seriously, I don't see his fit and I think he is overrated based on raw numbers. He is playing with one of the best at drawing defenders and creating spacing in LBJ, and does not take advantage in terms of efficiency. Sure, Bjelica and Bogi are not perfect, but trading either of them for Kuzma is a step back, IMO.

Y’all watching the game anyone wanting to trade for this clown Kuzma should have there account suspended. Doesn’t pass whatsoever doesn’t defend just shoots
We don't have that much to lose imo, this is a similar deal to when we traded Derrick Williams for Luke Richard (rest of name) except Kuz is better than Williams and Bjelica and Bogi is better than LRMAM and injury prone like him. While that trade didn't work for either team neither team lost anything as well.

The Kings have to roll the dice the team is not talented enough right now to be anything than fighting for at BEST a 8th seed. I am kind of surprised there has not been more buzz around Bjelica from a playoff team..........I do wish the Kings would go after talented players who have under performed a bit more e.g Josh Jackson, Kevin Knox (yes they have sucked/not played this year as well) instead of the Arzia/Bazemores.

Last edited:
We don't have that much to lose imo, this is a similar deal to when we traded Derrick Williams for Luke Richard (rest of name) except Kuz is better than Williams and Bjelica and Bogi is better than LRMAM and injury prone like him. While that trade didn't work for either team neither team lost anything as well.

The Kings have to roll the dice the team is not talented enough right now to be anything than fighting for at BEST a 8th seed. I am kind of surprised there has not been more buzz around Bjelica from a playoff team..........I do wish the Kings would go after talented players who have under performed a bit more e.g Josh Jackson, Kevin Knox (yes they have sucked/not played this year as well) instead of the Arzia/Bazemores.
Kevin Knox has underwhelmed. Josh Jackson is on another planet of bust due to a myriad of issues.

Bogi wit the game changing 8 points in 28 minutes. Everyone knows he has the talent to be good, but people are delusional thinking he's this great player. He's highly inconsistent. The Lakers team is deep and they just showed it. So much for the "only good because of LeBron" logic. Yes LeBron is fantastic but they're a deep team.

We've gotta wake up people. We've got a few more days to move Jeli and Bogi. We're not going anywhere fast with them and about to lose them for nothing or be forced into signing them up long term for more of them same nothing we have now.

If we can talk the Buck, 76ers or Lakers (contenders with deep teams) into giving up some of their pieces for Bogi we've gotta do it. As currently constructed were not a good team

I just think the beli for kuzma trade might work. I can see the Lakers really wanting Bogi for the trade as they want another play maker. But beli would be very effective as a backup for AD. And Kuzma would work as a decent player to split time with Barnes and reduce the minutes and wear on him.

Bjelica and Bogi are going to be 2 of the more popular names at the deadline this year, especially as we keep losing. Cheap right now, no commitment of long-term money. They're the perfect pieces that contenders usually give up a late first round pick for.

Just got to hope Vlade isn't delusional about this roster and decides to hold on to them.

Vlade's job is on the on the line and I am sure he knows it. Won't be shocked at all to see us make a big trade like this. I don't like the idea of trading Bogi but the bottom line is this team isn't winning with the players on the current roster, so something needs to change

If I’m not mistaken, the Kings can guarantee Bjelica’s contract for a third year after the end of this season which conceivably will keep him around for the 20-21 campaign. Accordingly, there isn’t the same degree of perceived urgency to trade Nemanja as there is with Bogi.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bogi wit the game changing 8 points in 28 minutes. Everyone knows he has the talent to be good, but people are delusional thinking he's this great player. He's highly inconsistent. The Lakers team is deep and they just showed it. So much for the "only good because of LeBron" logic. Yes LeBron is fantastic but they're a deep team.

We've gotta wake up people. We've got a few more days to move Jeli and Bogi. We're not going anywhere fast with them and about to lose them for nothing or be forced into signing them up long term for more of them same nothing we have now.

If we can talk the Buck, 76ers or Lakers (contenders with deep teams) into giving up some of their pieces for Bogi we've gotta do it. As currently constructed were not a good team

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28622376/nba-trade-talk-happen-deadline

So Zach Lowe mentions that Charlotte has shown interest in Bogie?

Monk and Bridges two rookies for Bogie? Two cheap contracts for a backup SG,SF?

Salaries match, clears salary for Hornets to sign Bogie?

Cost to kings next year 9 mil for 2 backups vs a Bogie Match at 13-18m ?
Charlotte would be an interesting trading partner if they’re trying to make a run. They have some young pieces with good pedigrees that have under achieved so far, which is precisely the type of player the Kings should be looking at if they decide to sell.

I would love to land Bridges but I don’t think they include him for Bogi, much less along with Monk. Maybe if they think they need Barnes and we took on Batum, but even then they’d probably ask for more.

Charlotte would be an interesting trading partner if they’re trying to make a run. They have some young pieces with good pedigrees that have under achieved so far, which is precisely the type of player the Kings should be looking at if they decide to sell.

I would love to land Bridges but I don’t think they include him for Bogi, much less along with Monk. Maybe if they think they need Barnes and we took on Batum, but even then they’d probably ask for more.
ya I don’t see how we land Bridges, we can take Batum but he only has 1 year left after this year so how bad is that contract really. I think we’d have to give them a 1st round for this year protected say top 10. Maybe Bogi,Barnes, and a 1st for Bridges and Batum