[Trade rumor]Kings offered Bjelica for Kuzma, Lakers want Bogdan instead

I would do either deal. Bjelica has been good for us but he'll be 32 soon and largely irrelevant in regards to the future. Bogdan runs hot and cold, dribbles too much and tends to play hero ball. He's a good player but Kuzma is younger and has the size for SF and PF. Needs to improve his defense.

Bjelly is a my fav King but I would trade both him and Bogi for Kuz/filler. Bjelly is just to much of a problem as in his age and the fact he's way better than Bagley and atm and they play the same spot. The Kings should really do Bogi for Kuzma and trade Bjelly to Boston for Semi/Grant Williams or something like that.

Bogi imo has been utter rubbish for nearly 2 years now. In the short term we will really miss Bjelly but we are 13 games under 500. so yeah....

I'm on the keep Bogi train because he has the potential to be a good playmaker, which is extremely necessary on a team that doesn't have playmakers. The problem is he has been very bad this season, but I still don't think we give up on him, especially when it seems that the FO views him as integral to the core of the team.

Bjelica has been our best player this season other than Holmes, who has missed the last few weeks, but I don't think he fits into our future plans and I think his skill set is best suited for a competitive team that where he can be a role player rather than the best player on the floor most nights. I would trade him for something that could help us in the future, but please not for Kuzma.

I never understand the appeal of players like Kuzma that occasionally show flashes of scoring ability, but are so one dimensional that they hurt the team when they aren't scoring or teams figure out how to guard them they just become black holes offensively that take terrible shots because they think they're elite scorers.

Last edited:
I'd trade (assuming that Laker would accept) Bjelly, our 2nd this year/or detroits, which every is better (essentially a late 1st at this pace) and another 2nd down the road (we've got a bajillion) for Kuzma and Avery Bradley.

I'd try and get off Corey Joseph because he and Bradley are about the same level of not good, but Bradley is 1/3 the cost. CoJo and Ferrell to Minnesota for Allen Crabbe and whatever seconds are needed to facilitate this.

Then I'd trade Dedmond to Atlanta for Evan Turner.

We'd be back to having cap space, we'd have backup PG in bradley, Kuzma and Bogi are RFA that we control.

BTW, Bjelly is not going to be upset being traded to a title contender in California.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade sure is set on acquiring Kuzma for Luke it appears. Kuzma is a chucker who doesn't really do much than that but he's still a fairly young player so maybe he has some room to grow, or not.

Btw, I'd trade Bogdan for Kuzma without thinking.
And that’d be the only reason ... because you aren’t thinking.

Kuzma ain’t worth Belly, let alone Bogdanovic. Crazy talk.

This trade proposal never made sense from the day it was first rumored. First, division rivals rarely make groundbreaking trades with each other. Secondly, the trade favors one team far more than the other. Which is also a good sign it’s BS.

If the LA LeBron‘s are serious about trading Kuzma, there’s a good reason. He’s not very efficient or very good or a good fit. The only reason the KINGS would consider trading Bogdanovic is because they can’t re-sign him and don't want to lose him for nothing. His play and fit have nothing to do with it.

So, to me, you only trade him if it benefits you and not a rival. Unless that rival wants to drastically overpay. Kuzma isn’t an overpay. It’s an underpay.

If Vlade continues any discussion with LAL that involves a player like Kuzma as the main piece, it’s because he’s continuing to demonstrate the same incompetence that led to the Philadelphia trade and MB3 over #77 — just to name a few.

I still say we should try package Bogi/Bjelly /filler for Holiday or some other Holiday/Josh Richardson or slightly below level player, but if that does not come along Kuzma is a solid 2nd place.

Holding onto Bjelly is kind of dumb at this point he's been real solid but we are not winning and he's older and his value will be depreciating hard.

I still say we should try package Bogi/Bjelly /filler for Holiday or some other Holiday/Josh Richardson or slightly below level player, but if that does not come along Kuzma is a solid 2nd place.

Holding onto Bjelly is kind of dumb at this point he's been real solid but we are not winning and he's older and his value will be depreciating hard.
Not only that but he takes up minutes Marvin will need once he and Holmes are both back

Not only that but he takes up minutes Marvin will need once he and Holmes are both back
grant said Marvin will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks so it’ll be way past the trade deadline and even all star weekend before he comes back. Then he has to get up to speed. This season is pretty much a wasted season for him.

I love Bjeli and his contributions to the team but some of you seem to be vastly overrating his value as a 32-year old chubby dude who can't stay in front of anybody on defense and occasionally completely vanishes on offense.
I think it boils down to timelines. Bjeli is probably a great fit if we were that cusp/playoff team we were all expecting this year, going on to be a 5-6 seed in next 2 years. From the way things are looking, we are far away from that.

I love Bjeli and his contributions to the team but some of you seem to be vastly overrating his value as a 32-year old chubby dude who can't stay in front of anybody on defense and occasionally completely vanishes on offense.
He might be chubby but Fox is going to miss that 43.4% 3pt floor stretch. Floor gonna shrink considerably for him with Kuzma.

They're sagging off of Buddy and Bogi, they're sure as hell sagging off of Bjeli. I agree in theory Bjelica helps open the floor for Fox but I'm not quite sure his presence makes much of a difference on that front either way.
Nah, watch more carefully. And Buddy and Bogdan are shooting 37.1 and 36.6 from 3 for the season. Bjelica is at 43.4%