Trade deadline approaching for Kings

I read earlier today on Twitter that the KINGS' front office plans to not only waive Barnes, but to waive/buyout Tyreke as well.
If their intent is to dump Tyreke, doesn't this guy have ANY trade value today? I was never impressed with him, but someone has to have a need for him.
Scratching my head....
No they cannot get value back for Tyreke because they don't field calls from half of the league's GMs. Vlade doesn't know how to use caller ID or the call-back function. Anybody who works in the Kings FO should disconnect his phone so he doesn't trade away any draft picks/swaps.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Will that even meet the league minimum for a team salary?
The cap is projected to be about $102M, and the salary floor is 90% of that, so about $92M. Given the personnel we have right now (i.e., no more trades) and assuming that we do not pick up Afflalo's option but we do pick up Tolliver's option, and that both Gay and Galloway opt in, we will be paying about $66M* for 10 roster spots, and that is not counting whatever first-round picks we end up with. If we do end up with two first round picks, we could potentially be paying in the low $70Ms for our first 12 roster spots.

* This is also assuming we stretch the salary cap hit for Barnes' player option. If we do not, add about $4M to that number.

K

KingsFan80

I have no idea if true--but some place last night I saw a tweet from a reporter saying we have no plans to trade Collison. If true, what in the H#$# is this FO doing?????

K

KingsFan80

No they cannot get value back for Tyreke because they don't field calls from half of the league's GMs. Vlade doesn't know how to use caller ID or the call-back function. Anybody who works in the Kings FO should disconnect his phone so he doesn't trade away any draft picks/swaps.
To be blunt I cannot even understand Vlade half of the time. He needs to take a class in public speaking/interviews. He sounds like a high school kid talking and forms terrible, incomplete sentences with no structured response. He does a very poor job of explaining himself and it comes across as he isn't very smart and the Kings franchise is full of clueless people. It is embarrassing

I have no idea if true--but some place last night I saw a tweet from a reporter saying we have no plans to trade Collison. If true, what in the H#$# is this FO doing?????
I've read tweets by Chris Mannix and others saying he is on the market currently.. not sure I agree with it as a Collison fan, but oh well

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
To be blunt I cannot even understand Vlade half of the time. He needs to take a class in public speaking/interviews. He sounds like a high school kid talking and forms terrible, incomplete sentences with no structured response. He does a very poor job of explaining himself and it comes across as he isn't very smart and the Kings franchise is full of clueless people. It is embarrassing
Mod voice: English is not Vlade's first language. I highly doubt you would form good and grammatical sentences in Serbian, unless you have spoken Serbian from childhood. The implication that someone is not intelligent based on imperfect command of a second language is bigoted, it has no place in modern society, and it will not happen here. That goes for everybody.

I actually don't want to see another subpar vet here (Collison/Temple/Koufos are fine), but players like Afflalo and Tolliver etc... we are full rebuild, bring in some d league prospects and cut them if possible

K

KingsFan80

Mod voice: English is not Vlade's first language. I highly doubt you would form good and grammatical sentences in Serbian, unless you have spoken Serbian from childhood. The implication that someone is not intelligent based on imperfect command of a second language is bigoted, it has no place in modern society, and it will not happen here. That goes for everybody.
Seriously man? Trying to say im a Bigot? I am not making fun of his accent, he just doesn't explain himself well and if you are going to trade the best center in the league you need to figure out a way to explain yourself to the national media. and IF you are going to be an NBA GM you better figure out a way to talk to the media in a way that is very smooth and precise to back-up your moves. When I said "I cannot understand him half of the time"-- I mean as in I don't know what point he is trying to make and it makes it very confusing to understand. Not that he speaks with a different accent so I cannot understand him. There are many americans, who speak english, that have the same issue but they ARE NOT NBA Gm's.

You have criticized and been on me from the moment I came onto this Board. I am not sure what your deal is but please be fair because you know exactly what I am talking about and that it is far from being a bigot. It is about growing professionally to represent the franchise in a positive manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Seriously man? Trying to say im a Bigot?
I said that the implication you made was bigoted. There is a distinction.

I am not making fun of his accent, he just doesn't explain himself well and if you are going to trade the best center in the league you need to figure out a way to explain yourself to the national media. and IF you are going to be an NBA GM you better figure out a way to talk to the media in a way that is very smooth and precise to back-up your moves. When I said "I cannot understand him half of the time"-- I mean as in I don't know what point he is trying to make and it makes it very confusing to understand. Not that he speaks with a different accent so I cannot understand him. There are many americans, who speak english, that have the same issue but they ARE NOT NBA Gm's.
This is not about you stating that you don't understand Vlade's accent, and I suspect that you know that quite well. My objection to the implication you made is upthread, and stated quite clearly. You made a very clear connection between Vlade's English skills and his intelligence, and that implication will not stand here. Period. The appropriate thing to have done here would have been to apologize. You did not.

You have criticized and been on me from the moment I came onto this Board.
Yes, I have. I have been on you from the moment you came onto this board because you have been a jerk and a pain in the ass from the moment you came on this board. My job as a moderator on this board is to make sure that people who are jerks and pains in the ass either change their behavior for the better or leave the board for good. I tried the former course, but it hasn't worked. I'm now taking the latter.

With the obvious direction of keeping our top ten protected this year, I actually see the FO trying to move everything over 25 that helps the team win, now and next year (which should be another tank year). And I wouldn't expect a trade for any win now players

With the obvious direction of keeping our top ten protected this year, I actually see the FO trying to move everything over 25 that helps the team win, now and next year (which should be another tank year). And I wouldn't expect a trade for any win now players
Then why come out and say you aren't trading Collison?

In December the Rockets were interested in Koufos. I wonder if they'd trade Dekker to us for Koufos? We'd probably have to take back Brewer but we could cut and stretch him or whatever. Dekker would be a nice 3 prospect for us.

Another trade I was thinking might work is Collison and BMac and possibly even Afflalo for Cam Payne and a combo of other side assets? OKC could use all three for a playoff push. Practicing with Westbrook might even pull more out of BMac who knows.

To start next year..
Pg - Payne / Galloway / draft pick
Sg - Hield / Richardson / Temple
Sf - Dekker / Temple / draft pick
Pf - Free agent / Toliver / Skal
C - WCS / free agent / Papa

2017-18 season is still tank mode somewhat and we have another high draft pick. Draft decent and do okay in free agency that offseason and I'd be interested to see what we can do.

In December the Rockets were interested in Koufos. I wonder if they'd trade Dekker to us for Koufos? We'd probably have to take back Brewer but we could cut and stretch him or whatever. Dekker would be a nice 3 prospect for us.

Another trade I was thinking might work is Collison and BMac and possibly even Afflalo for Cam Payne and a combo of other side assets? OKC could use all three for a playoff push. Practicing with Westbrook might even pull more out of BMac who knows.

To start next year..
Pg - Payne / Galloway / draft pick
Sg - Hield / Richardson / Temple
Sf - Dekker / Temple / draft pick
Pf - Free agent / Toliver / Skal
C - WCS / free agent / Papa

2017-18 season is still tank mode somewhat and we have another high draft pick. Draft decent and do okay in free agency that offseason and I'd be interested to see what we can do.
Any package that could bring us Payne, Rozier, or Payton without giving up WCS, rookies or draft picks would be most welcome in my opinion.

There is no guarantee that one of the top PG prospects in this draft will be there when we pick and I know we could move up with two possible first round picks. Also there are some nice looking SF prospects in this draft, another position of need. As it looks today 2018 will be a high pick which should equate to a very young promising team the following season.

Now that Cousins is gone, it kinda makes me feel uneasy about trading Kosta. Skal and Papa have gotten better, but are still rookies from what I have seen in the D League.

I don't know if one singular piece (Collison/Koufos/Ben) etc will garner a first, might be a package if they are truly sending them out

Rubio looks like he's available for expirings. if we weren't tanking, and I didn't like Collison, I might check that out with Cuz gone

I don't know if one singular piece (Collison/Koufos/Ben) etc will garner a first, might be a package if they are truly sending them out

Rubio looks like he's available for expirings. if we weren't tanking, and I didn't like Collison, I might check that out with Cuz gone
One the Lowe Post, Brian Windhurst reported the Kings are keeping Ben.

We could of sent KK out to Houston a month ago, grabbed their first and ate the salary of Brewer.

Collison to Cleveland for the less favorable 2019 second of Minny or Lakers, best thing we could get is maybe 2020 pick swap. Their picks are all tied up, but you never know maybe we get lucky with that second or with that swap later. About the best I can think of right now for Collison with just picks.