Should Mavs Trade Porzingis For Kings' Hield & Bagley?

• Thread starter Sports Illustrated Dallas Mavericks News
  • Start date
S

Sports Illustrated Dallas Mavericks News

DALLAS - Coming off a heartbreaking first-round series exit at the hands of the LA Clippers, the Dallas Mavericks will look to bolster its supporting cast around Luka Doncic. In a proposed trade by Bleacher Report's Greg Swartz, the Mavericks would receive Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III and the No. overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft in part of a three-team deal involving the Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves.

Continue reading...

Mavs reporters trying to wish a trade into existence.
If I read it correctly, the whole hypothetical trade from the Kings standpoint is:

Out: Hield, Barnes, Bagley and #39
In: Kristaps Porzingis, Malik Beasley, Jarrett Culver, and a 2025 first-round pick (lottery protected, via DAL) is sent to the Kings.

So two shooting guards (one of whom is still in jail until at least mid-August and one who regressed after an underwhelming rookie year), Zinger and a draft pick 4 years from now for all of the trade pieces the Kings are hoping to move this summer?

Pass.

Maybe if Porzingis hadn't taken a big step back with his (already slow) lateral quickness last season he might be worth a gamble. But if he can't stay on the floor defensively, then what good is a 7'3" shooter?

Again, I hope I'm happier about the Kings roster at the end of tonight than I am now. And I'll be very glad to stop reading about terrible deals for the Kings.