Time Capsule

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, as I previously mentioned, creating that screenshot tutorial for the Filters button led me on a trip down memory lane and, boy, now I feel older than dirt.

How many of you here still remember @The Freak? She hasn't been by in years, but she came to this board as a little girl: she's thirty now!

Also, I was looking through an old thread, where @Superman was talking about his then-18 month-old daughter. That girl is going to be fifteen in a couple weeks.

We old, y'all.

I started following this forum in 2002 as a freshmen at Cal to keep up with my hometown team and joined in 2004. Since then, this forum has been a part of home for me while I was living in Philly and DC and now back to Sacramento again. This "boy" is now an expecting dad in a few months. Time sure goes by quickly.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I started following this forum in 2002 as a freshmen at Cal to keep up with my hometown team and joined in 2004. Since then, this forum has been a part of home for me while I was living in Philly and DC and now back to Sacramento again. This "boy" is now an expecting dad in a few months. Time sure goes by quickly.
You're telling me! When I first discovered KingsFans.com, back when it was just a blog owned by @Glenn, before he sold it to @Revrag, who then integrated it into the old Sachoops message board, I had a newborn son. My son is 22, now.

This place has become my online "home." It is (0,0,0) on my internet Cartesian graph, and it's the reason why I didn't quit KingsFans.com, even when I quit the Kings themselves.

You're telling me! When I first discovered KingsFans.com, back when it was just a blog owned by @Glenn, before he sold it to @Revrag, who then integrated it into the old Sachoops message board, I had a newborn son. My son is 22, now.

This place has become my online "home." It is (0,0,0) on my internet Cartesian graph, and it's the reason why I didn't quit KingsFans.com, even when I quit the Kings themselves.
I was seventeen years old and a junior in high school when I signed up at KingsFans.com. I was nineteen years old and a freshman in college the last time the Kings made the playoffs. I majored in English, and I lived two dorm rooms down from a girl I had a huge crush on. Six years later, we were married. Seven years have passed since then. I am 32 years old now and I teach freshman in college how to write. Time, man. Time...

I believe I had just moved to Portland within a year or so of when I de-lurked and joined. Last year we made the playoffs.

I got married and shared the pics here, had kid, divorced which I didn't share for a few years I'm sure, but that was long ago at this point 2012/2013. TJ just turned 11 at the end of October.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So many names from so long ago if you go back to the very first threads in the Lounge. For those who don't know, the board suffered a catastrophic loss in Sept. 2004 when the domain host ceased doing business. ALL our data - including our backup - was lost and we had to start anew.

Thanks for this, S£im. I hope more people tell their stories.

I myself was a moderator at KingsTalk for about a year before I came to Sachoops. This board and the people here are my family - people like Prophetess, 6th, RoyalDiva, Kingsgurl, my daughter Kingsgirl4 and other women proved that loving a team isn't just for the guys.

Padrino - I still have a collection of your poems. :)