This loss is on Adelman

bozzwell said:
- What about others? RA just said that he that Bibby's 3 pt attempt out of time out was NOT the play he wanted. Ditto Ron's on the next posetion. No too mention Bibby leaving Bowen open for that 3 when score was still close and then turning it over on the other side. That was the game. Which one of those plays do you think Rick drew up and called?
This made me think of something potentially worrisome. Am I the only one who noticed Mike and Ron jawing at each other all night? Especially during the later part of the game?

Not something I'd normally think too much about, and certainly more rumor-y than I tend to get, but I thought it odd.

GoGoGadget said:
This made me think of something potentially worrisome. Am I the only one who noticed Mike and Ron jawing at each other all night? Especially during the later part of the game?

Not something I'd normally think too much about, and certainly more rumor-y than I tend to get, but I thought it odd.
Probably just frustration.......I wouldn't read to much into it. This team has and edge about it that we never had the joy of watching. This is what makes this team special. Give them a full training camp, and they are going to learn eachothers tendencies.

GoGoGadget said:

That does not sound very good.:confused: I thought that Ron and Brad were buddies. Oh well. It was probably nothing. Boys will be boys;) . I'm sure it will all be worked out by Friday.

GoGoGadget said:

Now that you mention it... I remember it too. But I am not worried. Ron will always jaw at teammates and it is probably for the best that they jaw back at him. The problem is when they cower (i.e. the Bulls).

chelle said:
Oh well. It was probably nothing. Boys will be boys;) . I'm sure it will all be worked out by Friday.
That is so true, I was just talking mess about one of my friends at work tonight. He has been a friend for about 10+ years. It's just men being men.

SkinnerBox said:
If we get rid of Brad we need someone else who can stretch defenses. Thats not easy to find in any of the positions that we don't have locked up.
I'm not saying to get rid of him...But it's a game of matchups...Brad matches up well against some but not others. In this case he was the last person to bring in in the last 3 minutes. The guys on the floor were getting the job done. RA made a bad choice at a critical time...with 3 minutes left and momentum on our side.

Also, you play to win on the road and to tie at home. You don't save one players foul just in case you go to overtime.

GoGoGadget said:

Just a little p*ss and vinegar between 2 guys who both realize they are playing below average.

edit: Opps! I thought you meant Brad and Mike.:eek:

Last edited:
bozzwell said:
Now that you mention it... I remember it too. But I am not worried. Ron will always jaw at teammates and it is probably for the best that they jaw back at him. The problem is when they cower (i.e. the Bulls).
Oh, it's not something I'm terribly concerned about. I was mostly curious if anyone else noticed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Widowmaker2k said:
I blame:
Brad Miller for playing sub-par all series.
Bonzi Wells for not being a god in the 4th quarter.
Ron Artest for only being a god in the 4th quarter.
Mike Bibby for not being 'clutch' and scoring 8 points in less than a minute. (While single handedly holding the Spurs to 0.)
Rick Adelman for not running out onto the court and personally guarding their 3pt shooters during their 4th quarter run.
The Maloofs for not paying the Spurs to lose the game.
Geoff Petrie for not creating a team composed of Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Steve Nash.
Oscar Robertson for not coming out of retirement to play one more for his old franchise.
The Royal Court Dancers for not sufficiantly "distracting" Ginobli in the 4th quarter.
Every Kings Fan everywhere, (including myself,) for not flying to San Antonio and filling up their arena.
President Bush for not making Spurs victories illegal.
The Spurs for being better than us down the stretch.
Finley...just cause.
:D

Nice to see you post again.

I would like to pick one gem from the above:

Oscar Robertson for not coming out of retirement to play one more for his old franchise.
Only one slight correction: The Royal Court Dancers couldn't detract Manu. They weren't there.

F

fangirl

First post but long time lurker and fan...

The Spurs did outplay the Kings this game. The Kings were lucky enough to tie it up with three minutes left. That was their chance. I do fault Adelman for putting in Brad. The next four Spurs possessions, they made four straight layups and got points in the paint. Huge momentum change.

Brad has no lateral movement and a six inch vertical. He doesn't move to help on defense. At least clog the lane and do something. I wouldn't even mind a foul when they were driving in. Get in a nice hard foul and make them think twice about taking it in.

Just a bad coaching move with the substitution in my opinion. The Kings' offense looked pretty bad for the most part. I would have wanted to see more plays called. The Spurs at least always have good picks on almost every play they run.

Miller should've never been back in. When Adelman made that substitution, I got a sick feeling in my stomach. He's playing with absolutely no heart and showing no resistance to Duncan in the post. Duncan is too good for that, you've got to make him work. Kenny and Shareef played him hard, Brad played him soft.

Alex Trebek,

give me kings 2006 playoffs for 1000 please.

Alex: in the 1st round series with the spurs, why did the sacramento kings suck in the paint defensively.

Alex: Kmart23, ...

Alex, what is Brad Miller?

Alex: that is correct!

can brad miller at least give a few hard fouls to let the spurs know hes in the paint? there were a few times he just watched as parker or ginobli layed the ball in front of him. OH YEAH, how about not fouling duncan to force him to earn his damn points in the final 3 minutes?!?!??!?!?!? LAY IT ON THE LINE BIG FELLA. sheesh

Brad is a top center in the NBA. With that being said whenever someone is attacking the lane going for a layup, Brad sticks his arm up instead of jumping and contesting the shot.

well... if he's gonna give them 2 points instead of making them earn it he needs to be FRIGGIN BENCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7' waste of space in the lane. might as well have him wear bright orange cone costume the way he allows parker and ginobili to abuse him. they drive around him like they're taking a driving test at the dmv.

KMart23 said:
well... if he's gonna give them 2 points instead of making them earn it he needs to be FRIGGIN BENCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7' waste of space in the lane. might as well have him wear bright orange cone costume the way he allows parker and ginobili to abuse him. they drive around him like they're taking a driving test at the dmv.
LOL.......One of the funniest things I've heard all day.

VF21 said:
:D

Nice to see you post again.
Thanks! I lurk nearly everyday, but this Kings team as of late has got me talking! I still love this team!

Only one slight correction: The Royal Court Dancers couldn't detract Manu. They weren't there.
That's the reason we lost! You heard it hear first!

KevinMartin'sShotDoctor said:
Monia hasn't brought anything to the table, either. I blame him.
Miller is the 2nd highest paid player on the team, an all-star, and a getter of significant minutes. He is expected to do a lot more, and is contributing next to nothing while being a tremendous defensive liability. Miller not contributing shortens Sac to a 6 man rotation, which is not enough to get past SA in a 7 game series. If Miller can't step up, it might be time for him to step out.

Kings players looks tired in tonight's game. Adelman needs to learn how to use his bench, but its too late now because they were never really used this season... whenever u dont use something.. they get rusty.. and thats what happened to the bench.

Brad's rebounding average for the series has dropped to EXACTLY THREE PER GAME... That is UNBELIEVABLE... On 43% shooting, and only 2 assists per game.

We needed this win so bad that its everyones fault except Bonzi's because he left it all on the court. Miller needs to understand that there are other things to do besides score, Bibby need to get it going, Artest took too many threes and we had some stupid fouls down the stretch not to mention the lax defense.

This loss is not on Adelman. He called on his starting center to play his butt off in crunch time, and he failed....he failed miserably. I think every basket was scored on him with ease after he was put in.

I wanted SAR to stay in- what does a 6th foul matter if we're going to lose anyway?? But that's the gamble Adelman took...I'm sure that the end result wasn't his plan.

I was honestly surprised we even had a chance in this game at the end, given how everybody played like poo other than Bonzi "I love the playoffs" Wells.

And unless Brad plays his *** off the rest of this series, I will not shed a tear if he's in a different uniform come next year. I'm sick of watching him play like he's a paper doll.