There is no topic

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't suppose anybody here knows how I can get Spotify to stop segregating my Daily Mixes by genre? Like, I'm sure that their hearts are in the right place, but I actually want to be able to listen to 2Pac, Foo Fighters, Hikaru Utada, Jon B, Lucy Pearl, MF Doom, Musiq Soulchild, P!nk, Parliament, Slum Village, Soundgarden and Stevie Wonder, all in the same playlist.

I don't suppose anybody here knows how I can get Spotify to stop segregating my Daily Mixes by genre? Like, I'm sure that their hearts are in the right place, but I actually want to be able to listen to 2Pac, Foo Fighters, Hikaru Utada, Jon B, Lucy Pearl, MF Doom, Musiq Soulchild, P!nk, Parliament, Slum Village, Soundgarden and Stevie Wonder, all in the same playlist.
Instead of going to Daily Mixes made by Spotify, simply go to the Liked songs under your playlist and it will play everything you have liked in order without shuffling any of the songs

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Instead of going to Daily Mixes made by Spotify, simply go to the Liked songs under your playlist and it will play everything you have liked in order without shuffling any of the songs
Thanks, but I don't really have the temperament to do that. I don't like the self-limiting nature of my Liked Songs playlist: the one good thing about the Daily Mixes is that they will throw in songs that I haven't liked, that I may not necessarily have even heard, or simply haven't gotten around to liking yet. I don't necessarily want to only just listen to the songs that I already know I like.

Plus, I'm kind of a freak, when it comes to certain songs having to be played in a particular order: "Nuttin' Nis Funky" must be followed immediately by "Packet Man - Worth a Packet Remix" and, unless there a way to re-order your Liked Songs list, that I haven't figured out yet, that can't happen.

Thanks, but I don't really have the temperament to do that. I don't like the self-limiting nature of my Liked Songs playlist: the one good thing about the Daily Mixes is that they will throw in songs that I haven't liked, that I may not necessarily have even heard, or simply haven't gotten around to liking yet. I don't necessarily want to only just listen to the songs that I already know I like.

Plus, I'm kind of a freak, when it comes to certain songs having to be played in a particular order: "Nuttin' Nis Funky" must be followed immediately by "Packet Man - Worth a Packet Remix" and, unless there a way to re-order your Liked Songs list, that I haven't figured out yet, that can't happen.
in that case you can always use Pandora radio and it will give you lots of suggestions on artists similar to the one you searched for which is a good way to discover new artist and genres

I find it entertaining how Spotify will sometimes seem to have my tastes perfectly categorized, and then a new listen or two can throw the daily mixes completely off the rails. I'm not sure if there's a good option that both includes new music and music you've already "liked", and doesn't try to distinguish by genre. You might try the "Daily Drive" mix and then remove all the non-music options (I have no idea if you can actually do this, but I do see an option to remove each suggested news show individually). In my case, that mix still seems to be mostly music I've already discovered, but it might start adding new music if you use it more.

In terms of music discovery, I really liked an app called "Songza," which unfortunately was bought out by Google and merged into their Google Play app, much like how Microsoft gobbled up my favorite to-do list app, Wunderlist. I was initially intrigued by Pandora's "Music Genome Project" when they first announced it in the early 2000s, but I never really dug the service for whatever reason.

In terms of music discovery, I really liked an app called "Songza," which unfortunately was bought out by Google and merged into their Google Play app, much like how Microsoft gobbled up my favorite to-do list app, Wunderlist. I was initially intrigued by Pandora's "Music Genome Project" when they first announced it in the early 2000s, but I never really dug the service for whatever reason.
Let me tell you... Songza was THE KILLER APP with Sonos whole house systems 7-10 years ago. I really hate Google for what they did with it, it sort of lived on for a while in GPM but did not play as nice with Sonos. They're also killing GPM for YouTube Music because Google really sucks some times (I'm very salty about the YouTube TV Price increase).

I do get a lot of music discovery from Spotify these days. I don't rely on the recommended playlist as much as the daily radio channels and artist radio. So if I'm taking a walk and think I'm in the mood for X song, I throw on that artist's radio and about 75% of what I hear is semi-familiar and at least one in four is a new song.