There is no topic

Sorry, VF21 - I'm not so excited about it. :p Twitter posts copied and pasted in order, from yesterday (12/3/2017):
Neil deGrasse Tyson
@neiltyson

FYI: The very concept of a Super Moon is an embarrassment to everything else we call super: Supernova, Supercollider, Superman, Super Mario Bros.

If last month’s Full Moon were a 16.0 inch pizza, then this month’s “Super” Moon would be 16.1 inches. I’m just saying.

if a 16.1 inch pizza is “super" to you, compared with a 16.0 inch pizza, then we have an issue of vocabulary..

Want another? This month's “Super Moon” is 1% brighter than last month’s non-Super Moon.

And another? For the Super Moon to look big in a picture requires a substantial telephoto lens. Try one with just your smart phone and post it.

Last one… The Super Moon will fit easily in the field of view through a simple drinking straw. Try it.
Super or not, all I could think of when looking at the moon last night was that if werewolves actually existed, they would be out tonight.:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sorry, VF21 - I'm not so excited about it. :p Twitter posts copied and pasted in order, from yesterday (12/3/2017):
Neil deGrasse Tyson
@neiltyson

FYI: The very concept of a Super Moon is an embarrassment to everything else we call super: Supernova, Supercollider, Superman, Super Mario Bros.

If last month’s Full Moon were a 16.0 inch pizza, then this month’s “Super” Moon would be 16.1 inches. I’m just saying.

if a 16.1 inch pizza is “super" to you, compared with a 16.0 inch pizza, then we have an issue of vocabulary..

Want another? This month's “Super Moon” is 1% brighter than last month’s non-Super Moon.

And another? For the Super Moon to look big in a picture requires a substantial telephoto lens. Try one with just your smart phone and post it.

Last one… The Super Moon will fit easily in the field of view through a simple drinking straw. Try it.
Don't care. I loved it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cast for Celebrity Big Brother United States (CBBUS) is announced:

Shannon Elizabeth
Marissa Janet Winokur
Chuck Liddell
Ross Matthews
Omarosa Manigault
Keshia Knight Pulliam
Metta World Peace (Ron Artest)
Mark McGrath
Brandi Glanville
Ariana Gutierrez Arévalo (Miss Colombia 2015)
James Maslow

Ross Matthews is a little jerk. I fully expect Ron Artest to break him into teeny pieces within hours. These are NOT celebrities, BTW. These are people whose agents are truly desperate IMHO.
This cast is borderline laughable, if not already laughable.

I posted, in an earlier game thread (when we played the Lakers, actually), about the possibility of this going down, but I am glad to announce that I am a couple of HR formalities away from landing the job in the Los Angeles area (Irvine, to be exact). Time to show those Laker dudes and dudettes what a real basketball fan is made of. Can't wait to sport my purple and black (and slate gray) pride in the middle of a sea of purple and gold (and black). Might have to make the move by the end of the week (as they currently have a listed start date of February 5, which is Monday), but I will get more clarification from them tomorrow, as I have a conference call scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning). I am thinking (hoping) that it's just a date they threw on there because they needed to throw a date on there, and I actually have a little more time to pack, prepare, and palpitate (in a good way, of course).

Time to raid those darn Lakers home games and make some noise for my KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGZ!!!!!!

And Clippers home games. Can't forget about those kids...

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I posted, in an earlier game thread (when we played the Lakers, actually), about the possibility of this going down, but I am glad to announce that I am a couple of HR formalities away from landing the job in the Los Angeles area (Irvine, to be exact). Time to show those Laker dudes and dudettes what a real basketball fan is made of. Can't wait to sport my purple and black (and slate gray) pride in the middle of a sea of purple and gold (and black). Might have to make the move by the end of the week (as they currently have a listed start date of February 5, which is Monday), but I will get more clarification from them tomorrow, as I have a conference call scheduled for 10:30 tomorrow morning). I am thinking (hoping) that it's just a date they threw on there because they needed to throw a date on there, and I actually have a little more time to pack, prepare, and palpitate (in a good way, of course).

Time to raid those darn Lakers home games and make some noise for my KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGZ!!!!!!

And Clippers home games. Can't forget about those kids...
Congratulations on what appears to be your pending change in employment. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy rocket launches successfully

upload_2018-2-6_13-1-6.jpeg

...For this experimental and uncertain mission, however, he decided on a much smaller and whimsical payload - his old cherry-red Tesla sports car.

A space-suited mannequin was strapped in the driver's seat, and the radio set to play David Bowie's classic hit Space Oddity on a loop.

If all phases of the flight are successful - and that will not be known until at least 6.5 hours after lift-off - the Tesla and its passenger will be despatched into an elliptical orbit around the Sun that reaches out as far as the Planet Mars...
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-env...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central