There is no topic

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Does it frustrate anyone else when somebody likes one of your posts, and then the next post they make in the thread after that seems to strongly indicate that they didn't actually get what your post was about?
Apparently, this also works when someone likes a post that you make in response to theirs, in situations where a like clearly indicates that they did not realize that you were expressing contempt for their post.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Enjoying a couple of microwave pork patty sandwiches (embellished with pickles and onions) and fries for supper. Let me just say, microwavable sandwiches have come a long way from the days of MicroMagic.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As someone who bicycle commutes 80+ percent of the time (in a city with quite adequate bicycle infrastructure, so no need to ever lock my bike to a pole) I can certainly sympathize with someone whose bike was stolen or removed by the authorities. However, given the specific request for a new lock, I would definitely smile to see the bicycle returned and locked to the pole, as requested. The original owner didn't ask for the KEY to the new lock...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, because my mom is superstitious, and believes in curses and ****, she's spent the better part of a quarter century terrifying me and my sister. Her great-grandmother was only sixty-one when she died, her grandmother died at sixty-two, and her mother died at sixty-three, so she's legitimately spent the last twenty-five years utterly convinced that she was going to die at sixty-four.

Well, today, we celebrated my mom's sixty-fifth birthday. So, suck on that, curse!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Sorry, VF21 - I'm not so excited about it. :p Twitter posts copied and pasted in order, from yesterday (12/3/2017):

Neil deGrasse Tyson

@neiltyson

FYI: The very concept of a Super Moon is an embarrassment to everything else we call super: Supernova, Supercollider, Superman, Super Mario Bros.

If last month’s Full Moon were a 16.0 inch pizza, then this month’s “Super” Moon would be 16.1 inches. I’m just saying.

if a 16.1 inch pizza is “super" to you, compared with a 16.0 inch pizza, then we have an issue of vocabulary..

Want another? This month's “Super Moon” is 1% brighter than last month’s non-Super Moon.

And another? For the Super Moon to look big in a picture requires a substantial telephoto lens. Try one with just your smart phone and post it.

Last one… The Super Moon will fit easily in the field of view through a simple drinking straw. Try it.