There is no topic

So my Sociology professor is the sign ladies daughter. How cool is that? She told me her stepfather almost got in a fight with Vernon Maxwell. Call me crazy, but he used to be my favorite King. Until he was shipped and Doug came... But its good to associate with a big Kings fan in person often, for my sanity anyway. She is a terrific lecturer too.

Typing on Nintendo Wii sucks...

In line with my being a Cubs fan comment. Here is a little bizzare coincidence....

I have a limited knowledge of german. I was half asleep this morning with VH1 Classic on TV in the background. They were playing the original version of Nena - 99 Luftballons (or 99 red baloons). English version and german version have totally different lyrics.

What caught my ear was this in german:
99 Jahre Krieg
Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger

I knew that 99 Jahre Krieg means 99 years of war (or 99 year war), but litteral translation is kinda salt on the wounds in a WTF coincidence kind of way.

99 years of war
Left no room(place) for the Winners

Anyway... why am I using my brain this early in the morning. There is always next year.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
In line with my being a Cubs fan comment. Here is a little bizzare coincidence....

I have a limited knowledge of german. I was half asleep this morning with VH1 Classic on TV in the background. They were playing the original version of Nena - 99 Luftballons (or 99 red baloons). English version and german version have totally different lyrics.

What caught my ear was this in german:
99 Jahre Krieg
Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger

I knew that 99 Jahre Krieg means 99 years of war (or 99 year war), but litteral translation is kinda salt on the wounds in a WTF coincidence kind of way.

99 years of war
Left no room(place) for the Winners

Anyway... why am I using my brain this early in the morning. There is always next year.
And "luft" means "air" so I don't know where they got "red" for the english version....

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hey, what do you call those things that you fill with air that kids hit on, and go up and down and stuff? I think they have sand on the bottom so, when you hit them, they don't go flying... Does that ring a bell to anybody?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, I guess that's the general idea, but not quite. They're kind of like punching bags, I guess, but for kids; they usually had pictures of clowns and stuff on them.

In the course of my 20 years in the awards & engraving biz, I've been asked to engrave a lot of strange things on some strange items. I've had a number of parents who feel the need to acknowledge every little feat their child accomplishes. Now, I'm all for encouraging a child, but I thought today's request for a trophy to commemorate a child's completion of potty training a bit excessive.

Sorry, I just needed to vent that. I now return you to your regularly scheduled musings.

Got the last copy of Mario Galaxy at Toys R Us. The Arden store sold out at noon. Came with a giftcard ($25) and a tacky looking coin that I'll cherish forever until I forget its in the closet. I'm so busy I can't even play it.

------------------------
Game is ranked second all time on this review compilation site, right behind Zelda, Ocarina of Time (minimum number of reviews to get on the list is 20). On meta critic it is averaging a 98 score.

Last edited: