There is no topic

Elk Grove is getting a mall. The Bee's Elk Grove section asked for suggestions for a name (It was originally thought to be called "Lent Ranch Marketplace (in honor of the Lent family who owned and farmed on the land on Grant Line Road) and now it is set to be called "Elk Grove Promenade"). Here are a few:

The Worst Mistake Ever Made.
* BGP - Before General Plan.
* Risky Business.
* Field of Dreams.
And my favorite:
* The Fifth-Largest Mall in America.
- Liz Zainasheff
Elk Grove

and

* You Ruined My Home Town Mall.
* I Won't Ever Shop There Mall.
- Pam Black
Laguna Creek

From those not in favor of the mall to:

I believe the new shopping mall should be call The Lent Ranch.
Since Lent is an old, established Elk Grove name, the property the mall will be built on is/was the Lent Ranch. It should stay the Lent Ranch.

- M.C. Gress
Elk Grove

and

I think if you use the name Tri-City Galleria or Mall, it would be a good name. It would draw the people from the area of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Galt.
- Jean Russ, Galt

from those who like the idea of a mall in Elk Grove.

If you could name the mall what would it be?

linzeesan said:
I've been to three different colleges and I'm only a sophomore.
I love electives so much more than general ed that after eight years of taking classes (full time, part time, at two different schools, and with a few small breaks) I might still be a freshman. Technically.

Woohoo!!

ReinadelosReys said:
Elk Grove is getting a mall. The Bee's Elk Grove section asked for suggestions for a name (It was originally thought to be called "Lent Ranch Marketplace (in honor of the Lent family who owned and farmed on the land on Grant Line Road) and now it is set to be called "Elk Grove Promenade"). Here are a few:

The Worst Mistake Ever Made.
* BGP - Before General Plan.
* Risky Business.
* Field of Dreams.
And my favorite:
* The Fifth-Largest Mall in America.
- Liz Zainasheff
Elk Grove

and

* You Ruined My Home Town Mall.
* I Won't Ever Shop There Mall.
- Pam Black
Laguna Creek

From those not in favor of the mall to:

I believe the new shopping mall should be call The Lent Ranch.
Since Lent is an old, established Elk Grove name, the property the mall will be built on is/was the Lent Ranch. It should stay the Lent Ranch.

- M.C. Gress
Elk Grove

and

I think if you use the name Tri-City Galleria or Mall, it would be a good name. It would draw the people from the area of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Galt.
- Jean Russ, Galt

from those who like the idea of a mall in Elk Grove.

If you could name the mall what would it be?
Ummm, wrong thread but how 'bout this?
Liz Zainasheff Ode to Mindless Consumerism and Wasted Potential Parklands Tri-Cities Mall and Galleria. Now with 76 artery clogging eateries and 19 screen Cineplex!

OK, I'm kidding! Where's it going to be again and what stores are anchoring it?:)

Honestly, I misread the first part of the message and wondered "Why are they naming it for Liz Zainasheff?" Durrrrr....late at night, time for bed (if I didn't already know that). But, man! Every time I go to Laguna I'm more amazed at all the chain stores and strip malls out there. Laguna Blvd meet Sunrise Blvd...yuck!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

But in all seriousness...at least keep the Lent Ranch name as a memorial to the past.

Last edited:
6th said:
Yeah!! I can HEAR!!!!
WOOHOO!!! Oh, sorry...was that too loud? :eek:

Congratulations!!! You must be so thrilled and I'm very glad it worked out well for you!

Cheers for 6th!! Loud earsplitting cheers, whistles, and chants for 6th!

Of course, you do know that you won't be quite so comfortable visiting Arco from now on? :D

Prophetess said:
my poor sister didn't even have time to get an epideral...
Congrats, Auntie P!! Hey! If she didn't have time for an epidural, it means it all went fast, right? I bet she's prepared for next time! :)

I'm glad everyone is now here and they're all healthy and happy!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
kingskings! said:
WOOHOO!!! Oh, sorry...was that too loud? :eek:

Congratulations!!! You must be so thrilled and I'm very glad it worked out well for you!

Cheers for 6th!! Loud earsplitting cheers, whistles, and chants for 6th!

Of course, you do know that you won't be quite so comfortable visiting Arco from now on? :D
Thanks, kingskings!

While I cannot turn them off without removing them and opening the battery door, I have NO intention of wearing them at ARCO. I am not that stupid.;) :p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
JoMama said:
Had two hard boiled eggs and an Atkins shake for breakfast. Then I worked out. Hold the applause.
Okay, you get no applause from me.

{{6th jumps up and down and cheers for JoMama}}

Alright stop what your doin'
'Cause I'm about to ruin
The image and the style that you're used to
I look funny
But, yo, I'm makin' money, see?
So, yo world, I hope you're ready for me
Now gather 'round
I'm the new fool in town
With my sounds laid down by the underground
I'll drink up all the Henessey you got on your shelf
Now just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty
Pronouce with the umpty

One should always share their Digital Underground flashback moments with the rest of the world....infinite karma points