There is no topic

So sorry to hear of dear pet loss. My sweet elder cat (age 14) looks almost same, bit frail at his point. "Tux" has always been very special and gotten much tender love.
Thank you for your condolences. If I may suggest, Hyperthyroidism is a common ailment in geriatric cats. If your Tux is looking frail and has lost weight, have him/her checked. We were able to give Esmeralda three more years with medication.

Monday, 2 years and a day to the day after I left my job, I got a call from my former boss offering me a new position. I happily accepted. Long story behind all of that, but needless to say it was pretty much everything I wanted when it became clear I didn't have a future at my previous position.

Not 5 minutes later while I was settling in to watch the Pats game and celebrate the good news with some cider, I got a text from my ex telling me our dog was ready to move on. I met her at the vet's office and said goodbye. This was my tribute.

He loved that pool.

Within minutes that first day we met in June, he had jumped in the pool. It was his instinct. Getting out was not. He needed lots of help that day. And he needed lots of help last night. That sweet pup, with a coat darker than the darkest night now spotty, grey and grizzled. In between the faint breaths and the shakes, you could still see that pup in his eyes. One look told his whole story, almost 13 years. But when I looked in those eyes I saw reflections of the guy with boundless energy. The hundred pound puppy. The guy capable of clumsily knocking you over at the front door but giving so much love to a tiny six pound baby boy.

He left surrounded by people that loved him. Two people that couldn't love each other. Differences cast aside for some small time bigger than us both. In his final hours we shared more respect and emotion than we had shown each other in the last 7 years. Dogs are a lot simpler than our human children, there was never any fighting over his best interests.

In some ways I said goodbye 2.5 years ago. I knew this day was going to come and I wasn't going to be equipped to deal with it. It made my decision then a little easier. On this day there was no decision to be made. Just an old friend telling us it was time. He was brave. He was always so brave.

We'd still see each other often. Every Tuesday. For a few moments. He'd run to greet me. Those greetings were few and far between the past few months. I wondered if he was gone. TJ said he was gone. And I didn't really want to know.

I know there are big swimming pools, endless streams and vast oceans in doggy heaven. Let this be the picture you are remembered by.

He loved that pool.
Life can be pretty funny and pretty cruel all at once. I know what I'm thankful for this season. Wish you all the best.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And fellow humans not only do you suck, but if you keep this up you are going to suck until you starve:

In the span of one human lifetime, humankind has become brutally adept at plundering the seas. In the late 1940s, the annual global catch was roughly 16.5 million tons; now, after decades of innovation, this number is about 94 million tons. ‘‘That’s equivalent in weight of the entire human population at the turn of the 20th century, removed from the sea each and every year,’’ Paul Greenberg, an author of books about fish and seafood, told me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Remember when you were in college, and trying to make sense of the world? In your late teens/early twenties, and trying to figure out what life is really about? Trying to figure out what you can do to bring real change to the world?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Okaaaaay...

This is a description from the website:

Alison Green used to be one of the most powerful superheroes around. Fighting crime with other teenagers under the alter ego Mega Girl was fun until an encounter with Menace, her mind reading arch enemy. He showed her evidence of a sinister conspiracy, and suddenly battling giant robots didn't seem so important. Now Alison is going to college and trying to find ways to help the world while still getting to class on time. It's impossible to escape the past, however, and everyone has their own idea of what it means to be a hero...
It starts out kind of disjointed, but it finds its stride midway though Issue 2, and really picks up around Issue 3. The art also gets a serious upgrade around Issue 4.