The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
While I don't share your enthusiasm, between this, Pretty Deadly and the Maximum Male Models, I am intrigued by the notion of Hunter and Stephanie bringing back the "Diva" era, only this time, it's all dudes.
Lol, I also love both of those groups. I’m biased with Ma.ce though. I’ve been on that guy’s bandwagon for years. Feel he has one of, if not THE, best looks in wrestling. It’s a shame they never gave him a proper NXT run back years ago, he should have been huge.

The conventional wisdom has always been that, if they allow you see/hear it, it's a work. Khan is as big a mark as the rest of us, which changes the calculus on that, but he is still surrounded by carnies so, who knows?
yeah I know that's conventional wisdom which is why some are convinced this is all a work. I just don't think so here because you could see the foundation shifting before Punk even got there. Cody is back in WWE because the best friends' promotion was becoming WCW 2.0 under TK's stewardship signing every WWE castaway, giving them a 5 week run and then just bloating the roster with underutilized talent.

Somebody on my wrestling board pointed out that all of the guys in AEW who idolize Shawn Michaels hate all the Bret Hart guys, and vice versa. Like, you can't even make that up.
I honestly think it's slightly more one directional but I guess I would be a lean Michaels guy rather than a full on jocker. Pretty clear Michaels was a phenomenal worker and yet a total pain in the butt. In 1997 it was/should have been his time though. But I don't dislike Hart who clearly carried the company through the mid 90s.

supposedly having some mental health struggles. but he's also in the group of people who have been sort of wasted after initially getting a nice post-WWE rub. And poor Miro just getting shoe-horned into the House of Black/Darby Sting thing.

Black is a dude with so much potential that is just consistently wasted by dorks like McMahon and TK.

also wth do they do with the rest of the HoB, especially Julia. lol poor Julia.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watched the beginning to see the fallout and just didn’t care that much after a few minutes. MJF seems entertaining enough and threw in a bunch of WWE names for heat but then Ambrose just started screaming about how much AEW means to the world of wrestling and I tuned out.

Tournament for the vacated title. And a match for the trios tonight, which may or may not have already happened at this point.

I watched Tony's announcement. I'll probably stream the DVR from my mom's apartment to watch tonight rather than wait for it to show up online.

Tony's a giant dork "the most prized title in all of combat sports" lol

Why is Hangman Page who never got a rematch with Punk so far back in the tournament .. I feel bad for him. He was not my favorite, I did not think that the 2.5 year booking of him was the greatest thing in modern wrestling, but he was set up to be a big star and Punk buried him in a manner that will take years to claw back from.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I watched Tony's announcement. I'll probably stream the DVR from my mom's apartment to watch tonight rather than wait for it to show up online.

Tony's a giant dork "the most prized title in all of combat sports" lol.
Dude’s screen presence is bizarre. His eyes bulging out of his head and whipping in all directions.

Dude’s screen presence is bizarre. His eyes bulging out of his head and whipping in all directions.
that was wild.

I thought the show was good last night. Still feel bad for Hangman who is going to be buried now, all because he referenced some tweet in a promo that vaguely alluded to Colt Cabana that went over the whole world's heads for months until CM Punk went with the nuclear option.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
AEW is cursed right now. Christian also tore his tri. Talk about two companies momentum’s going in polar opposite directions. This all couldn’t have happened at a worse time for them.

Trips virtually taking over for Vince has really gotten Tony to embrace panic mode a bit. Maybe a bit too soon for his own taste. Which, if you ask me, is not a bad thing after all. Competition is good. AEW better be on their A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ game, or they might be doomed.

Please, WWE, don't have Ronda win the fatal 5-way elimination match tonight. Someone else needs to be the number one contender for Liv's title. And Liv needs to be able to retain her title against that number one contender.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
LMFAO weren't they touting this as the NXT 2.0 anniversary show last week?:D
Hahaha, ya. They had a big celebration style show with video packages and hype for Breaker and the new era. Then Solo Sikoa beat Melo for the title and I turned it off… I think a final package aired at the end that ended with that after all the 2.0 festivities.

HHH Takeover in full effect

And my god, I hate the bloodline more than anything else in wrestling.
LMFAO weren't they touting this as the NXT 2.0 anniversary show last week?:D
Hahaha, ya. They had a big celebration style show with video packages and hype for Breaker and the new era. Then Solo Sikoa beat Melo for the title and I turned it off… I think a final package aired at the end that ended with that after all the 2.0 festivities.
Oh, tonight was most definitely still "2.0", but as @SLAB pointed out, they aired a final package to end the show and, at the end of that package, they flashed the 2.0 logo, which then transitioned into the logo seen in the tweet embedded in his post.

I honestly hope they keep the goofiness. They can have some of the old-school super indy, but I adore the silliness of current NXT.
Meh, we can agree to disagree. I am not a huge fan of the "goofiness". It almost makes the talent look not main-roster worthy at times. I understand, and can tolerate, a certain amount of goofiness, but the whole "2.0" label makes things a bit too goofy for me.

Oh, and this would be the PERFECT TIME...

1663174146918.png

Just sayin'...:D:D:D

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Meh, we can agree to disagree. I am not a huge fan of the "goofiness". It almost makes the talent look not main-roster worthy at times. I understand, and can tolerate, a certain amount of goofiness, but the whole "2.0" label makes things a bit too goofy for me.

Oh, and this would be the PERFECT TIME...

View attachment 11209

Just sayin'...:D:D:D
I assume HHH has her contract at the ready for as soon as she’s ready to step back. I’d love for her to get back with Indi who’s just not there as a singles competitor. Bring them up to the main so The Way is all together again even to though Austin’s being a bad boy right now.

Somebody on my wrestling board pointed out that all of the guys in AEW who idolize Shawn Michaels hate all the Bret Hart guys, and vice versa. Like, you can't even make that up.
It's common in small groups, and in large groups, too. Take football fans, for example. Often some fans hate other fans. Liverpool fans are hated more than others :D