The Wrestling Thread~

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Meh. There have been very few champions in the last fifteen years or so that I'm so sick of them that I'd rather see anybody else be champion over them. Bron Breakker doesn't rise to that level for me, and Tyler Bate doesn't move me at all, so I'd just as soon fast forward to the next challenger.

Switching gears, Satomura looks like a champion. She looks like someone who ought to be the face of the women's division; I hope she doesn't lose this unification match.

Meh. There have been very few champions in the last fifteen years or so that I'm so sick of them that I'd rather see anybody else be champion over them. Bron Breakker doesn't rise to that level for me, and Tyler Bate doesn't move me at all, so I'd just as soon fast forward to the next challenger.

Switching gears, Satomura looks like a champion. She looks like someone who ought to be the face of the women's division; I hope she doesn't lose this unification match.
Breaker does less than nothing for me. At least Bate can have great matches like he had with Dunne and WALTER.
Breakker is the type of champion who makes me forget at times that he is even the champion.

Well, I am glad that they finally decided to turn Dominik heel. It will be interesting to see where they take the storyline. I am also glad that they haven't decided to take the belt off of Mandy; To me, she's been money as champion. Same with Liv - Super thrilled that they are not seeing her as merely a "fill-in" for someone else's pending championship run.

And, please take the damn belt off of Roman already. I'm so sick of his stupid championship reign, and I think that I might eventually begin to puke as a result of it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well, I am glad that they finally decided to turn Dominik heel. It will be interesting to see where they take the storyline. I am also glad that they haven't decided to take the belt off of Mandy; To me, she's been money as champion. Same with Liv - Super thrilled that they are not seeing her as merely a "fill-in" for someone else's pending championship run.

And, please take the damn belt off of Roman already. I'm so sick of his stupid championship reign, that I might eventually begin to puke as a result of it.
Dom took Rey’s head off with that clothesline. Best looking thing he’s ever done in the E. Interested what he does now. I hope they do a Rhea / Dom angle kind of.

Mandy’s like Nikki Bella to me at this point. Once terrible. Now solid. People refuse to give her credit because she’s “just a model” or whatever.

Liv’s match was good. I loved that her submission training they played up did just enough to throw Shayna and lead to her win.

Roman is beyond stale. I’m still so salty about that ending.

Breaker freakin’ sucks.

Dom took Rey’s head off with that clothesline. Best looking thing he’s ever done in the E. Interested what he does now. I hope they do a Rhea / Dom angle kind of.

Mandy’s like Nikki Bella to me at this point. Once terrible. Now solid. People refuse to give her credit because she’s “just a model” or whatever.

Liv’s match was good. I loved that her submission training they played up did just enough to throw Shayna and lead to her win.

Roman is beyond stale. I’m still so salty about that ending.

Breaker freakin’ sucks.
I am also glad that they are not seeing Liv as "just a model", and are actually giving her some legit time with the belt. Liv very much so accurately fits the mold of what Vince had always wanted his "divas" to be - A very good looking gal. I'm glad that they saw Liv as more of a legitimate champion, and just not another "eye candy" type of a diva.

A lot of AEW stans convinced this is a work and part of Tony's genius (LOL) but I really saw this coming 18+ months ago as the equity/opportunity promotion started gobbling up everybody WWE let go. Don't get me wrong because the product is much better once it got a roster worthy of being on TV, but there's only so many spots to fill up so much TV, and frankly AEW is oversaturated with a Friday program that isn't really worth watching and the youtube show is like the Saturday syndie shows from the 80s. Why?!?

Obviously its wrestling so you never know, but egos coming to a boil was always going to happen. The only thing that didn't work out quite as planned was the Bucks and other EVPs didn't rob their money mark blind, they are getting or got chased out of their own promotion.

Not to mention their PPVs are bloated. How many trios matches do we need? Why did they have that House of Black one AFTER the trios championship? helloooo?

Tony boasting about his money is so gross to me. It's your daddy's money.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Aside from the singalong at the end I was fine with Clash. NXT was probably the best premium event of the weekend for me.
I love absolutely everything about NXT except freakin’ Breaker.

Hopefully Melo beats him to be champ/champ (even though we really don’t need anymore of those) and then he goes away to Smackdown to get beaten up by the Bloodline.

Tony boasting about his money is so gross to me. It's your daddy's money.
Tony getting all salty about money and WWE is hilarious. I actively avoid AEW, but stuff comes across my TL. When Vince was in charge and WWE sucked it seemed like it was all snark and haha’s and now he’s like “IM RICH AND I WONT F******ING TAKE IT FROM THEM”

Then AEW fans are like “But the tampering tho he’s justified!” like Britt Baker and The Elite never once said a thing to Adam Cole as he was wrapping up his E run. Give me a break! Lmao

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This is my personal thank you to Paul Michael Levesque for stepping in and taking over for Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Thank you, Mr. Levesque. Thank you.

I’m not the biggest fan, but a dude taking up Roman’s time that I don’t care about at all and therefore don’t care when he loses is going to be nice.

Throw guys like spoiler at him. Don’t sacrifice anymore dude’s like they did Drew… I keep seeing people say Rollins but I don’t want Roman to steamroll him, even as bulletproof as Seth is to L’s.

oh really?

trying to catch up ... so many AEW smarks think this is a work but you've got guys like Bobby Fish out the door challenging Punk to a shoot fight I don't think that benefits Fish or AEW in any manner.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
oh really?

trying to catch up ... so many AEW smarks think this is a work but you've got guys like Bobby Fish out the door challenging Punk to a shoot fight I don't think that benefits Fish or AEW in any manner.
Sean Ross Sapp, Meltzer, Wade Keller are all vauge tweeting something something big but as of SRS no confirmation on anything just yet.

I'll just add this. Some of the Stans think Tony Khan and crew are some sort of genius for working the dirt sheets. Dirt sheets/their readers AKA Smarks which is what the IWC basically is, DON'T WANT TO BE WORKED. They want to be validated. They want to be the smartest guy in the room because they read that some totally unseen swerve was coming out of nowhere and THEY told all their non-smart friends about it.

Swerving the smarks is not a win long term. And also it's effing fantasy here. It makes zero sense and does nothing to build on the on-screen finish to the PPV which is MJF. Punk is 28-2 since he returned, both of his losses were on Dynamite and immediately returned in the PPV that followed. Tony went all in on him and has a major problem because Punk hasn't gotten over any of the younger talent.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'll just add this. Some of the Stans think Tony Khan and crew are some sort of genius for working the dirt sheets. Dirt sheets/their readers AKA Smarks which is what the IWC basically is, DON'T WANT TO BE WORKED. They want to be validated. They want to be the smartest guy in the room because they read that some totally unseen swerve was coming out of nowhere and THEY told all their non-smart friends about it.
The conventional wisdom has always been that, if they allow you see/hear it, it's a work. Khan is as big a mark as the rest of us, which changes the calculus on that, but he is still surrounded by carnies so, who knows?