The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man... my Takeover Mania Week interest nosedived from when I thought it would be Finn/Cole/KOR for the title to Finn/Kross.

Last edited:
Can't speak for SLAB, who has made his disdain for Kross pretty clear but the thought of a 3-way between 3 of the best workers in NXT with a hot feud/angle going on and Finn vs. the current monster is more on the lost potential vs. the "well that's going to suck" end of the spectrum.

But hey, I get that probably Kross and Scarlett are main roster type talents and they probably want to move them up to prime time sooner and as much as I love Finn, Cole and KoR they are probably best served staying in NXT where they can work awesome matches and not let their size become a deterrent so NXT can simmer that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Can't speak for SLAB, who has made his disdain for Kross pretty clear but the thought of a 3-way between 3 of the best workers in NXT with a hot feud/angle going on and Finn vs. the current monster is more on the lost potential vs. the "well that's going to suck" end of the spectrum.
As a former e-fed writer, I have had to spend a lot of time examining the mechanics of multi-man matches and, as a result, I hate them. No matter how much I like the participants in a match, I've never seen a multi-man match that I thought wouldn't have been better, if it had been 1v1. Not one.

As a former e-fed writer, I have had to spend a lot of time examining the mechanics of multi-man matches and, as a result, I hate them. No matter how much I like the participants in a match, I've never seen a multi-man match that I thought wouldn't have been better, if it had been 1v1. Not one.
I'm typically in agreement with you. But so often times they are just thrown together crap where they don't want two strong guys to eat a pin so you put a third (or fourth) guy/gal in the match who is going to eat the pin and everyone else can be strong. The thing is that they have really done the UE break up quite well, and given KOR/Strong good reason to blame Finn for Cole's betrayal and you could legitimately go a year with this. And all three of them could legitimately hot potato the title (no, I'm not a fan of that approach, but it wouldn't break anything if they did and it would be fresh for NXT which has generally given long title reigns).

But you have to keep Finn in the middle of it before blowing off the UE split, so putting Finn with Kross seems disruptive if you want to make a long extended program between those top guys.

I think we're all in agreement that WWE sees Kross and Scarlett as main roster talent based on look alone?

That's totally valid but it appears SLAB and I were both pretty excited about the prospects of a great 3-way match setting the table for the title picture over the next year of NXT vs. Finn being used to springboard Kross onto the main roster. Not gonna lie though, I'm into Scarlett.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That's totally valid but it appears SLAB and I were both pretty excited about the prospects of a great 3-way match setting the table for the title picture over the next year of NXT vs. Finn being used to springboard Kross onto the main roster. Not gonna lie though, I'm into Scarlett.
Yeah. Scarlett is Krosses one redeeming factor.

Just got to watch. I've been high on Thunder Rosa since I first saw her on Powerrr. But holy hell. Glad she finally got a big win on Dynamite and BB is showing why she was so highly regarded when AEW women were still a total joke during the first year. Well done ladies.

Tried to watch Fastlane on peacock and it was a blocky mess, switched to WWE and got the quality I am used to. I guess Peacock also can't pause or FF and "live" shows are actually launching "on demand" meaning you have to start at the beginning? WTF. This is going to be painful (my Network sub will run until April 3 at least). I guess I can't complain too much about getting it all for free if I can tolerate commercials or $5 to remove all commercials from Peacock as a whole. But right now it is a massive downgrade between missing content and a completely unsearchable UI.

Yeah the show sucks. Drew/Sheamus was pretty good but the rest so far is just disappointing. Pretty over Alexa and the Fiend now.

Peacock until today has been great for me - I have Shield TVs attached to all the big screens here.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The final three matches were good. Sheamus/DrewMac was a super fun brawl.

I still dig the stupidity of Alexa/Orton (Fiend’s new costume sucked)

And now looks like Edge/Roman turns into a triple threat, and I’ll never complain about DBry getting title shots.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The go-home show of NXT was excellent last night. After a couple weeks of average shows (by their standard) they jumped it back up.

Can’t wait for Stand & Deliver .... except for Karrion Kross bogging down the title scene.

I had to finish watching NXT with commercials. ick.

My peacock sub is through one of my mom's cable accounts, I'm not sure if I can add the commercial free and pay it out of my pocket or if I'm forced to stick her with the bill - but I am not sure I can last a week of the commercials. Free or not, this is far more annoying than removing content or not having any kind of reasonable search engine.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Helluva night 1 for Stand & Deliver. NXT Tag Team wrestling is back, and Raquel is one of the most improved wrestlers I’ve ever watched.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What whiplash. Night 1 was excellent, night 2... was not.

I didn’t watch the main event. I’ll get to that eventually. I temper tantrum’d and turned the TV off after
Kross won,

Last edited:
Oh I avoided here until I caught all the way up. Thanks for spoilering :D

I can't believe that so and so just one the match that just happened. Also rain delay. LOL. I have to chromecast from my phone because my Shield TVs are grossly pixelated with Peacock for some reason. Annoying but manageable.

I did like Night 1 more than 2 but we all knew what was going to happen Night 2.