The Wrestling Thread~

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jacob kicking Roman's ass while in a walking boot. There is really no reason for him to be below Solo in the pecking order aside from Solo having been with the company a couple years longer than him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
good on AEW for finally booking size appropriate venues instead of bringing 3000 people to a 18000 seat arena?
Worked for the Atlanta Dream: they moved from State Farm Arena to the much smaller Gateway Center and now, instead of playing in what looked like an empty arena, they play to sold out crowds every night.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

good on AEW for finally booking size appropriate venues instead of bringing 3000 people to a 18000 seat arena?
They book BU's hockey arena all the time which is a little over 7k cap. Not sure why if they have the sense not to book the Garden they wouldn't book Veteran's Memorial in Portland instead of Moda but then if they wanted to run Sacramento they don't have another option. It would make sense to run more mid-size college arenas though. I bet the school might even subsidize part of the ticket sales to students.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
an ex-AEW guy and a current TNA dude main eventing a WWE event. What a time to be alive. (Considering they chickened out and didn’t put the title on Jordynne I don’t think they’re going to do it for Joe Hendry but they absolutely should for sure entertainment value)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
an ex-AEW guy and a current TNA dude main eventing a WWE event. What a time to be alive. (Considering they chickened out and didn’t put the title on Jordynne I don’t think they’re going to do it for Joe Hendry but they absolutely should for sure entertainment value)
100% Josh Alexander / The North reunite when it looks like Hendry has the W.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So as someone who barely watches AEW and has especially not been paying attention since probably right around when it became clear TK’s big talent dev strategy was to just raid Japan’s promotions of all their top talent, is Jack Perry’s entire gimmick just that he got choked out by CM Punk backstage at this point?

also
Cena’s retirement is probably going to be even shorter than Sting’s

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So as someone who barely watches AEW and has especially not been paying attention since probably right around when it became clear TK’s big talent dev strategy was to just raid Japan’s promotions of all their top talent, is Jack Perry’s entire gimmick just that he got choked out by CM Punk backstage at this point?
In a nutshell.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

also
Cena’s retirement is probably going to be even shorter than Sting’s
That's correct, and yet it's 1000x better than his gimmick being "Jungle Boy". Or Dylan McKay's son.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I saw the results but haven't bothered to watch today's show and while I probably will find it later tonight it doesn't really excite me much. I guess Hayter coming back during the pre-show is cool though. Don't know how I feel about the new hair.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeah there's no "new generation" of FHW. If there was, that ain't it.

It was bad enough recycling the name for the first one (which at least had a Flair in the group) instead of coming up with something new.

As far as "new" to the company ladies that I am excited about go, Tiffy and Blair top my list and Giulia and Stephanie got next.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Meh. Not watching wrasslin' in real time, 'cause I never do (plus, WNBA on, so...), but I happen to to see that a certain name is trending, related to Dynamite, so I look to see if they actually did the thing. Come to find out, nope, it's just dorks fantasy booking on the internet, again.