The Wrestling Thread~

They seriously need to either:

1. Make a decision on who to turn heel (Dominik), and pull the trigger

OR

2. If a decision has been made, pull the dang trigger already

This is one "storyline" that I honestly believe they're "dragging" out too far.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Dominic is terrible. Just less of him everywhere, please.

Super hyped for the Ciampa push … and next week, you know where RAW is? Cleveland. The home of his long time best friend / mortal enemy / another one of HHH’s pet projects who just happens to still be a free agent.

Hmmmmm… does HHH work his magic again?

Dominic is terrible. Just less of him everywhere, please.

Super hyped for the Ciampa push … and next week, you know where RAW is? Cleveland. The home of his long time best friend / mortal enemy / another one of HHH’s pet projects who just happens to still be a free agent.

Hmmmmm… does HHH work his magic again?
I mean....I'm not the biggest fan of Dominik either, but in this situation, enough is enough. Rumors have been floating around for what now seems forever about a possible heel turn. If they're going to do it, just freaking do it already. That's my point.

I don't care much about the kid, but if it is going to happen, it better happen sooner than later.

I am all the way on the other end of this topic: I feel dopey for pulling the "I'm a dad" card, but I don't want to see Rey have to feud with his son. Like, literally, ever. If they want to turn Dominik heel, I'd rather they wait until the draft, and put them on different shows.
right there with you Slim.
Fair enough...I get where both of you are coming from (the "dad" side of things). I just think that there's so much they can do in terms of storytelling by letting one of them turn heel, thus resulting in a feud with the other. But, if that doesn't ever happen (the feud, that is), I won't lose any sleep over it. It will eventually turn into one of those things that I will take note of on the spot, but then forget all about it shortly after.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Fair enough...I get where both of you are coming from (the "dad" side of things). I just think that there's so much they can do in terms of storytelling by letting one of them turn heel, thus resulting in a feud with the other.
I don't disagree that there's a story to be mined from Dominik turning heel on his father; I'm just saying that I don't want any parts of that story.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Eh, SHOCKING BETRAYALS was also constantly in HHH’s playbook.

I just want less Dominic. Dude’s terrible.
I see it less of a shocking betrayal and more of A FATHER VS. HIS SON, YES!

And yeah I don't need to see Dominic work another match at all.

I tend to agree with this as well.

Also, on another note...Not that I DISAGREE with the decision to put the belts on them, but I am SHOCKED that they have decided to give the belts to Roxanne and Cora so soon. And I hope that this only means that long-term plans include building both up to eventually chase the NXT Women's Championship. I think both would eventually make great champions. Roxanne a bit more than Cora. Because, as I have previously expressed, Cora hasn't really done a whole lot for me in order to persuade me to want to go all in. Perhaps this championship run with Roxanne will fix that for me.
Well, I disagree with it: Kayden and Kacy Katana have been the only real tag team they've had in NXT's women's division for, like, two years, and they're sensational, and they keep coming up with every reason imaginable to not put the belts on them. It's disgusting.
Oh, I agree. Going back to my original comment, what I was trying to get at is that I don't necessarily disagree with the decision to put the titles on Cora and Roxanne; I just disagree with the timing of that action. I, just like you, would have much rather see them put the belts on Kayden and Katana right now. And then build Cora and Roxanne up to eventually take the belts from them.
Kayden and Kacy might as well ask for their release. This is, what, the third time they've gotten denied a title run in favor of a team that broke up immediately after winning the belts?
There ya go...Are you happy now, S£im??? :p:p:p

I’m laughing so hard at the end of Smackdown right now.
Smackdown, generally speaking, was a snooze fest tonight. I was surprised to see both Kross and Scarlett return. I must say, though, that I am not a fan of their new looks. Kross needs to ditch the hair and go back to his old look; He looks a bit weird with the hair. And, is it just me, or does Scarlett look like she's put on some weight since her last stint in the WWE???

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Smackdown, generally speaking, was a snooze fest tonight. I was surprised to see both Kross and Scarlett return. I must say, though, that I am not a fan of their new looks. Kross needs to ditch the hair and go back to his old look; He looks a bit weird with the hair. And, is it just me, or does Scarlett look like she's put on some weight since her last stint in the WWE???
I got such a kick out of how blatantly obvious HHH’s influence was on this show. Raquel being dominant then losing to Shayna. The finale ending with Kross standing tall. I don’t like Kross at all, but HHH having the green light seemingly to do and sign who he pleases makes me happy. Though I actually dig the hair look, and Scarlett looked the same to me.

Gotta wonder who’s next. Gargano in Cleveland on Monday has to be in the works, or at least being discussed. Though who knows if he’s ready to step away from his newborn.

Also I want Tegan Nox back. You know HhH has love for her after what she put herself through in his NXT.

I got such a kick out of how blatantly obvious HHH’s influence was on this show. Raquel being dominant then losing to Shayna. The finale ending with Kross standing tall. I don’t like Kross at all, but HHH having the green light seemingly to do and sign who he pleases makes me happy. Though I actually dig the hair look, and Scarlett looked the same to me.

Gotta wonder who’s next. Gargano in Cleveland on Monday has to be in the works, or at least being discussed. Though who knows if he’s ready to step away from his newborn.

Also I want Tegan Nox back. You know HhH has love for her after what she put herself through in his NXT.
The only way I will accept Gargano coming back to the WWE is if HHH can somehow also talk LeRae into coming back as well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Its like… who knows if the end result will be good (a lot of HHH’s main event choices in Black/Gold stunk) but it’s just so refreshing to be in something so different than the stagnant Vince Era of the last decade or so. He had his time, but this change was so badly needed.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Kurt Angle recalls being uncomfortable kissing Stephanie McMahon in front of Vince McMahon + drunk Vince Army crawling on an airplane flight - Wrestling News | WWE and AEW Results, Spoilers, Rumors & Scoops

"It was weird. It was very uncomfortable. Vince, not only was he directing, he was literally two feet away from us. The camera was right here, Stephanie and I are here, and Vince is right behind the camera looking at us. I'm not saying he felt like he looked like he was aroused, but he had this look like, I want to see this. So I kissed Stephanie, and I do it like this because I'm nervous as hell. I look like a duck, fish lips. Stephanie afterward said, ‘You kiss like a fish.’ I said, ‘What the hell do you want me to do? Do you want me to slip you the tongue while your dad's watching? Plus you're married to Triple H.”