The Wrestling Thread~

SLAB

Hall of Famer
will they drop the obnoxious branding?
Branding can go, but I actually kind of really enjoy how stupid NXT2.0 is. Went from ironically liking it to really liking it over the course of its run so far.

Happy medium of HHH’s vision and the stupid gimmicks of 2.0 … except now with skulls and Poppy!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Branding can go, but I actually kind of really enjoy how stupid NXT2.0 is. Went from ironically liking it to really liking it over the course of its run so far.

Happy medium of HHH’s vision and the stupid gimmicks of 2.0 … except now with skulls and Poppy!
The branding makes me hate the 2.0 product more than the changes did.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Straight up, I don’t know the last time I marked like I did when (Spoilered for those who haven’t watched yet)

DAKOTA KAI RETURNED! HHH is in charge 100%
she looked hot too.

that was a fun show. exceeded my expectations and also for one of the major premium events it did not run for 70 hours and yet I didn't feel short changed by any of it. I did think the tractor was going to be used to pin one of the guys in the end, but the ring thing was pretty nifty.

Becky's costume person should be fired.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
she looked hot too.

that was a fun show. exceeded my expectations and also for one of the major premium events it did not run for 70 hours and yet I didn't feel short changed by any of it. I did think the tractor was going to be used to pin one of the guys in the end, but the ring thing was pretty nifty.

Becky's costume person should be fired.
Her and Seth in a constant battle to one-up each other in the outfit department is a key foundation of their relationship!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Her and Seth in a constant battle to one-up each other in the outfit department is a key foundation of their relationship!
yeah but those stupid knee pad things she was trying to put them back on for like 3/4 of the match until finally giving up. It was LOL bad in my house. Also not sure if she was legit hurt on that facebuster slam that she took on one shoulder. A little sloppy and I think it's because of the costuming.

I was also thinking there could be a wardrobe malfunction of the positive variety between Liv and Rhonda. Even though it's been done to death I liked the finish there.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
That transformation precisely began shortly after her heel turn many years ago. Never was a fan of "face" Dakota....But you can give me "heel" Dakota any day of the week. Her level of "hotness" significantly increased as soon as they decided to turn her.
Definitely, though the long hair works on here. I am not anti short hair but it transformed her quite a bit.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
yeah but those stupid knee pad things she was trying to put them back on for like 3/4 of the match until finally giving up. It was LOL bad in my house. Also not sure if she was legit hurt on that facebuster slam that she took on one shoulder. A little sloppy and I think it's because of the costuming..
For as good as Bianca is, she always butchers the chickenwing facebuster. She just flops the person down wrecklessly. It’s always ugly and clunky looking, don’t think it had anything to do with Becky’s gear.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
For as good as Bianca is, she always butchers the chickenwing facebuster. She just flops the person down wrecklessly. It’s always ugly and clunky looking, don’t think it had anything to do with Becky’s gear.
I meant the match as a whole was sloppy, but that definitely stood out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Admittedly a lot of this probably just has to do with my feelings about Vince finally getting banished (as much as that’s actually possible) but that was the most fun I’ve had watching a big WWE PPV (even though most of these events are readily available “for free” as part of a streaming service now) event in years.

I also probably spent way too much time concerned someone was going to hit their head on the random tractor plow hanging conspicuously over the ring for the first five minutes of the main event.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
WWE PPV (even though most of these events are readily available “for free” as part of a streaming service now) event in years.
We call them "premium events" now. Get with the times.

I don't have strong feelings about Vince at this point, I do think Trips was probably the only one spearheading watchable modern product so I am crossing my fingers and remaining eternally hopeful he rights the ship. Hopefully he can smack the smug smile off Tony Khan's face without burying AEW because I do think the competition is good for the product.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
LOL, you mean the "Dirty Old Man" law?

Half my age, plus seven, is thirty-one (rounded up). Not gonna be able to do it.
I'm partnered up and not looking but notably the last woman to completely rip my heart out was about that age when we dated. But I would probably date a 35 year old. We're within a year iirc.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm partnered up and not looking but notably the last woman to completely rip my heart out was about that age when we dated. But I would probably date a 35 year old. We're within a year iirc.
Yeah, but you weren't the age you are now, were you? I mean, I too would have dated a 30 year old, when I was forty. At forty-seven, that's asking me to do something I'm not quite comfortable with.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeah, but you weren't the age you are now, were you? I mean, I too would have dated a 30 year old, when I was forty. At forty-seven, that's asking me to do something I'm not quite comfortable with.
42 at the time. It'd be a case by case thing, theoretically :cool: Present partner is 47 next week.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Ric Flair's Last Match was surprisingly a tasteful event with some interesting matches on the undercard and a wrestling who's who in attendance and overall it was well done compared to what I was expecting up until the part where Flair got in ring, which was worse than I could have ever imagined. Rock n Roll Express look like a million bucks in ring compared to that. It was awful and sad to see.
also Conrad Thompson even being slightly involved in the finish left an extra sour taste in my mouth

Vince: Surprised at how it all played out, but am glad he's out. Product was definitely getting stale over the past handful of years. And the company definitely needed a fresh breath of air in order to inject life back into it, I believe.
Naomi: No opinion either way. Naomi wasn't one to make me excited to watch a show (or PPV event for that matter) just for her match. She was way more "meh" to me than she was "wow".
Sasha: Good riddance. Never liked her to begin with. Always thought she was overly cocky and, to be perfectly honest with you, wanted to personally walk up to her and slap some sense into her. She was what you would call, well, an entitled brat.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, I’m seeing a bunch of juicy tidbits from the news that’s just titillating me more than Max Dupri’s Maximum Male Models.

Apparently the first hour is going to be commercial free.

This is a “Statement Show”

And
Ciampa
might be getting a presentation overhaul potentially including
his GOOD theme!