The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Klay Thompson is clearly the most important Warrior.
I wonder what the cross-section is of people who think that Klay Thompson doesn't deserve to be an All-Star, who also believe that they still would have lost last night, had he been in the lineup?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I just had the most horrifying flashback watching Cousins diving to keep that jump ball inbounds: different kind of play, but that's exactly how he tore his Achilles.

Grant Napear’s DeMarcus sense is going wild right now as the post game show is giving him props.
LOL!!!

If DMC returns to form physically... he's so perfectly placed to torment us for years and it could be a kind of career defining story line tbh... even though I am in favor of the trade (retrospectively). I could see him settling in to the W's pretty well.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
LOL!!!

If DMC returns to form physically... he's so perfectly placed to torment us for years and it could be a kind of career defining story line tbh... even though I am in favor of the trade (retrospectively). I could see him settling in to the W's pretty well.
You can take that IF out of the equation.

He’s NBA conditioning away from being the exact same guy he was pre-injury. Only a better version because he’s now surrounded by all that talent.

You can take that IF out of the equation.

He’s NBA conditioning away from being the exact same guy he was pre-injury. Only a better version because he’s now surrounded by all that talent.
He was never as selfish on court player. At all. Kind of messes up my rivalry though because it gives me one less reason to hate the w's. I'd actually be really happy if Demarcus won a few rings with them. Maybe we'll trade off like the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He was never as selfish on court player. At all. Kind of messes up my rivalry though because it gives me one less reason to hate the w's. I'd actually be really happy if Demarcus won a few rings with them. Maybe we'll trade off like the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s.
Outside of the 8 v 1 in playoff scenario there’s no way I’m ever rooting against the guy. He deserves every second of winning basketball he’s getting.

LOL!!!

They don’t have any money to keep him

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Posting this here, instead of CTDWAT, because it's more about Cousins that the game, in general:

Cousins got cooked tonight, but I think there are some silver linings to take away from this game, that are going to positives for him moving forward. Kerr played him down the stretch, which showed two things:

1. Cousins' rotations through his first ten games of the season have had more to do with his conditioning than his role; Boogie not playing down the stretch of games has not been a function of not trusting him in crunch time.
  2. Despite playing poorly for most of the game, Kerr had the confidence to go with Cousins on the floor in a close game. That's going to pay off later in the season, I think.
Yeah, you definitely see where Cousins' lack of lateral mobility is going to make them vulnerable but, as I heard mentioned by an analyst last week (I think it might have been Doris Burke, but I can't remember), the Warriors really only need DeMarcus Cousins to be All-Star DeMarcus Cousins™ for, maybe, three games in the entire playoffs. Like, if he can go head-up against Jokic one time in the conference finals, and give them two games against whomever comes out of the east, they're going to win this thing going away.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'd just like to shout out the Golden State beat writers, for letting it be known early yesterday evening that Cousins was going to be held out of the Portland game. I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, and I appreciate knowing that I don't have to waste a minute of my evening watching the Warriors, and can get that extra sleep, instead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
This Warriors vs. Hornets card has featured Steph vs. Kemba as the obvious "main event" fight.

Cody Zeller vs. DeMarcus Cousins has been the most interesting "undercard" fight thus far: Round 1 went to Zeller, easily, as he scored a surprising knockdown on Cousins, with a kick that left Big Cuz stumbling around, looking for his mouthguard. Cousins managed to shake it off, though, and took Round 2 with a more deliberate pace, keeping Zeller in the clinch, to avoid the legwork, and scoring a takedown of his own.

Round 3 upcoming...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Round 3 saw Cousins go for an early takedown, but get countered, leading to Zeller having top control for most of the round. Cousins appeared content to avoid any potential submissions (read: pick up his fourth foul), and made it back to vertical, with a minute left in the round, but Zeller currently leads on all cards, 28-27.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen, after four rounds, we go to the judge's scorecards for a decision:

The judges score the contest, 37-37, 37-37, and 39-37, to the winner...

By SPLIT DECISION...

CODY "THE BLUE DEVIL" ZELLER!

Hey, gotta be fair: Cousins played a fantastic game (24/11/3 on efficient shooting, and only 1 turnover), but Zeller gave him that work, too. I'd have given him the win, but Thompson cost him three assists by inexplicably missing three layups in the first half.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Last night, during the Warriors/Hornets game, Hornets G/F Jeremy Lamb lost a shoe during play, and Cousins tossed the shoe towards the sidelines, for which he was assessed a technical foul. After the game, Cousins said something to the effect of, "What did they want me to do? Step on it, and roll my ankle, or tear my Achilles, again?"

Earlier today, that technical foul was rescinded.

Yes. Green has signed with Rich Paul so the drama is only beginning. You trade him as soon as you can in the hope you will be able to keep KD and if not you look to re-tool in any case
Bay Area radio is ripe with speculation (per usual). I listen every day otw to work and there's always questions surrounding every single thing a player says or does. I'm not saying their correct or wrong, just pointing it out. The hosts always make these hot takes, for instance:

1) Draymond hired Rich Paul. It's weird to change agents mid season. He wants out.

2) When asked if It was disappointing that Harden wasn't playing in tonight's game, Durant responded "Not for me". That's a weird thing to say and could mean he's speaking only for himself because there's tension in the locker room.

Or they will pose scenario questions like:

"If KD comes to the FO and says "Ill sign a multi year max extension, but Draymond has to go". Do you do it? Or do you keep Green?