The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I thought my hatred of the warriors had reached Laker proportions but the joy and happiness I feel seeing this destruction of the Lakers tells me otherwise.
I feel about Boogie and the Warriors like I felt about Peja and the Mavs. If I have to root for one of those teams I'd rather it be with one of my favorite players ring chasing on the roster and involve a complete and total obliteration of the Lakers.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It’s so wierd to be so pumped the Warriors are on National TV all the time.
I'd like to say, on a personal note, how much I appreciate that the Warriors' first four games since Cousins' return from injury are/will be on national TV. I'm not going to say that I dislike Bob Fitzgerald more than Napear (only Eric Reid and Mike Gorman have that "honor"), but he's comfortably in my bottom five.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I want to root against the Warriors so bad but Boogie's like my favorite player ever and it's really hard to root against anyone raised by Dell Curry.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Cousins has looked great offensively, but Washington has definitely tested his stamina and mobility on the defensive end tonight. He continues to look strong defending the paint, but with the Wizards stretching the court, he's been pretty much a liability on that end.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Counterpoint: you know that Napear was enjoying himself when Van Gundy went all "Old Man Yells at Cloud" there in the second, after he decided that he'd heard enough praise.
I quit watching before then. While I'm happy for DMC, I cannot watch too much GSW basketball. It makes my brain hurt.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Boogie getting deeper 4th quarter run for the first time in his Warriors career.

And he’s out with 4 minutes left, and the Celtics take the lead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yo, shout out to Big Cuz, on making some good defensive adjustments in the fourth, after Boston went on that run to take back the lead: Brad Stevens clearly had a strategy to go after Cousins in pick-and-roll, and Cousins, playing with five fouls, got, like, three straight stops, that helped Golden State regain control for good.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I just realized something, looking at the Warriors' schedule: tonight was the fourth of eight (!!!) consecutive National TV games (NBATV x1, ESPN x2, ABC x2, TNT x3) for Golden State. If they win all these (and, if Philly doesn't get them on Tuesday, they easily could), winning on such a high profile stage will go a long way towards scrubbing some of the stink off of Cousins' reputation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I tuned back in for the end of the 3rd and then the rest of the game. I have to keep remembering I hate the Warriors. It is just so good to see Cousins playing with a team around him that he doesn't have to carry on his back every single night.