The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I tuned back in for the end of the 3rd and then the rest of the game. I have to keep remembering I hate the Warriors. It is just so good to see Cousins playing with a team around him that he doesn't have to carry on his back every single night.
Is it a bad thing I don’t think I even hate the Warriors anymore? I hate KD and Steph individually, but want them all to wreck the entire NBA for the rest of the season.

Big Boogie Fan.
Dubs will, unfortunately, Dominate the NBA for the next 3-5 years.

They will convince Durant, Klay and Cuz to stay.
What they will achieve will be Historic.

If you’re a team in the Western Conference, all you can hope for is the team to lose out on resigning them.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
There are thirty teams in the NBA today. There was one team (the original Baltimore Bullets, not the team which became the Washington Wizards) that folded after winning a championship. That leaves seventy championships (as of January 27, 2019) that have been won, to date. Four teams combine to hold sixty-one percent of all the championships. Not only have more than a third of the teams in the NBA (12) never won a championship, there are nearly as many teams that have never even been to The Finals (7) as there are with multiple championships (10). Aside from the seventies (when, by the way, nobody watched), when has there ever really been competition in the NBA?

I said all that to say, I root for players, not teams. To the players, there's no such thing as a "meaningless" ring.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
This NBA TV broadcast is awful. So so awful.
Boy, strong disagree over here. I am digging this broadcast right now. The addition of Casey Stern as play-by-play is a big improvement over the Players Only concept, and allows Smitty and Candace to just do analysis, which I am enjoying.

Boogie is blending in with the Warriors perfectly, no longer dominates the ball, making the game simpler/easier for everyone who plays around him. They all getting spoiled by his screening and feeding or vice versa, basically they are sleepwalking over other teams except only the Celtics up till now.

It's such a pleasure to watch, when Boogie posts up his man and rest of his teammates get back knowing the ball in good hands just watching the play unfolds to its inevitable scoring.

This is almost my dream scenario back in old days when we had him, of course not with elite shooters as Steph, Kevin and Clay. Just some consistent and reliable shooters with decent playmaking and defense around Boogie could have propelled us into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Big Boogie Fan.
Dubs will, unfortunately, Dominate the NBA for the next 3-5 years.

They will convince Durant, Klay and Cuz to stay.
What they will achieve will be Historic.

If you’re a team in the Western Conference, all you can hope for is the team to lose out on resigning them.
Kevin and Clay's contracts are up next season as well?
All would demand max, so is that possible to keep 'em all? I'm not salary guru.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kevin and Clay's contracts are up next season as well?
All would demand max, so is that possible to keep 'em all? I'm not salary guru.
Are you sure they'll demand the max? I would not be at all surprised if they agreed to take less to keep the dynasty together. They all know they're part of something incredibly special right now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Trust me I was one of the biggest boogie fans but going to GSW no way
If you were indeed "one of the biggest boogie fans" one would think you would truly understand why he took the contract with GSW. Why shouldn't he have? He was sidelined with what could have been a career-limiting (if not ending) injury and his stock value was at an all--time low. Coupled with his reputation (right or wrong), there were not a lot of GM's willing to reach out to him. He signed with a team that, whether we like it as Kings fans or not, offered him a home and a chance to fully recuperate without having to rush back onto the court. He signed with a team who has players with whom he has had success on TEAM USA - players who seemed to be anxious to bring him in from the cold. Steve Kerr went so far as to walk out onto the court when Boogie came off after his first stint in real game and told him "Welcome back." If that didn't give you tears in your eyes or at least a lump in your throat, I'd advise you to check for a pulse.

If you know Boogie at all, you know that meant the world and more to him. His motto always has been and always will be 'Loyalty is Love." He wanted to find a home and it appears he may have found one - a place where his talents blend with those around him, he is not always the focus of negative energy from the press and he able to once again play the game he loves.

Sacrxamento was unable to give Boogie a positive environment. All those coaches, all the indecision, all the drama (yes, some of it caused by Boogie himself) led to the textbook example of a toxic environment.

Am I sad that he''s no longer a King? Yep. Am I sad that he's finding his success with a rival? Maybe a little, but at the end of the day he is a great player who deserves a lot better than what happened to him here. I wish him all the luck and success in the world. When I watch Warriors games, and I watch a few now, it's only to cheer for Boogie. He is a good guy whose passion for the game is finally being rewarded.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
If you were indeed "one of the biggest boogie fans" one would think you would truly understand why he took the contract with GSW. Why shouldn't he have?
What's wild about TUA fans and the "Name on the front" agenda is that they expect that players should feel the same way about playing for a "rival" that they do. Like, sure, as a fan, the name on the front of the jersey is always going to say "Sacramento," no matter who is wearing Number 15... But that's not how it works for him.

But even that is beside the point. When the gd lakers were trying to build their "super team" in 2003-04, I felt differently about Gary Payton going to LA than I did Karl Malone going to LA. Because, once you get traded, especially when you didn't want to be traded, all bets are off! When the team that drafted you, that you never wanted to leave, that you wanted to retire with... when that team trades you, fans immediately forfeit any valid claim to be mad if that player decides to go "ring chasing." He owes no loyalty, and he owes it to no one to have to do it the hard way.

If you were indeed "one of the biggest boogie fans" one would think you would truly understand why he took the contract with GSW. Why shouldn't he have? He was sidelined with what could have been a career-limiting (if not ending) injury and his stock value was at an all--time low. Coupled with his reputation (right or wrong), there were not a lot of GM's willing to reach out to him. He signed with a team that, whether we like it as Kings fans or not, offered him a home and a chance to fully recuperate without having to rush back onto the court. He signed with a team who has players with whom he has had success on TEAM USA - players who seemed to be anxious to bring him in from the cold. Steve Kerr went so far as to walk out onto the court when Boogie came off after his first stint in real game and told him "Welcome back." If that didn't give you tears in your eyes or at least a lump in your throat, I'd advise you to check for a pulse.

If you know Boogie at all, you know that meant the world and more to him. His motto always has been and always will be 'Loyalty is Love." He wanted to find a home and it appears he may have found one - a place where his talents blend with those around him, he is not always the focus of negative energy from the press and he able to once again play the game he loves.

Sacrxamento was unable to give Boogie a positive environment. All those coaches, all the indecision, all the drama (yes, some of it caused by Boogie himself) led to the textbook example of a toxic environment.

Am I sad that he''s no longer a King? Yep. Am I sad that he's finding his success with a rival? Maybe a little, but at the end of the day he is a great player who deserves a lot better than what happened to him here. I wish him all the luck and success in the world. When I watch Warriors games, and I watch a few now, it's only to cheer for Boogie. He is a good guy whose passion for the game is finally being rewarded.
It's no secret that I grew weary of Cousins post Malone as I did not appreciate his "leadership" or the drama that he invited. That said, I still tried to post relatively objectively about him.

With that out of the way, here's my personal view. I for one don't want the Warriors to win, because I think it would only add to the mockery of the NBA. Really, do I want to see the Warriors win another championship? I can understand how some of you who really liked Cousins are excited to see him have success (though I don't recall as much of a following when he was in NO), but I for one can't stand seeing this farce. Thank goodness LeBron moved west ...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Warriors are never going to lose again.

Boogie with a cool 5 assists and drew a charge against Embiid in his first 5 minutes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that, when the Warriors are at full strength, Thompson would be out there with Cousins, in this lineup. Without him, you've got 60 percent of Cousins, surrounded by a bunch of guys who can't shoot. It's almost like his Sacramento days, all over again.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure that, when the Warriors are at full strength, Thompson would be out there with Cousins, in this lineup. Without him, you've got 60 percent of Cousins, surrounded by a bunch of guys who can't shoot. It's almost like his Sacramento days, all over again.
Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.