[Game] Kings v. 76ers - Saturday, Feb. 2 - 10PM ET/7PM PT

Huge win!

Gotta take care of that ball though. Way to many telegraphed passes that were easily picked off... also is there a team in the league that fouls more 3 point shooters than us? It feels like we give up 4 point plays on a nightly basis. Other than that, great effort by our guys across the board against a very good team. GO KINGS!

Bagley was trash to start but he picked it up at the end to help us pull this out. Career high minutes for the youngin'
He started of 2 for 9 and finished 7 for 16. Apart from some obvious forced plays he had a major second half. And he had two big baskets to answer a go ahead basket from Philly. Those were huge. Also, 13 rebounds in a game where the Kings won the rebounding battle. Wasn’t his best statistical outing given the minutes but we’re seeing growth in his game. I also like that he’s started to look for teammates more even if it’s not yielding great results right now. Shows the game is slowing down for him and his numbers were pretty special for a guy finding his footing.

Giles also played really good defense on Embiid. Maybe Grant can stop pretending he’s some defensive liability every time he’s on the floor now(“a mismatch here with Giles in the game”). Harry has excellent defensive instincts and now that he’s avoided the bonehead fouls for the most part we’re seeing his timing and anticipation is special.

He’s not at the forefront of guys tonight, but let’s hear props for my dude Giles not getting obliterated by Embiid. Dude seriously looks like he’s an entire human bigger than Giles at this point. Lol
I was really happy that Marvin and Harry were able to stay on the court. I was afraid going in that this was destined for a 20 minute game for KK.

I love anyone beating Jimmy Butler and Troel Embiid.

Love it more when it’s our team.
I gotta admit though Butler is one hell of a competitor. He may be abrasive but you can tell his desire to win is off the charts.

Embiid is a better talent but runs his mouth too much and as we saw tonight he and Simmons both disappeared in the clutch. Butler was the guy wanting to take and make all the big shots.

Willie did a good job on Embiid most if the game too. Odd that Willie plays better against Embiid, Towns, and AD than he does overachievers like Harrell.

I won't pretend to know since I don't even know who this Shamet chap is, but have you considered the kinds of 3s he's taking? It's one thing to hit wide open 3s in the corner etc, another to be coming hard off screens, catching and shooting, or pulling up in transition and so on.
I understand. I mean I did not know who he was until recently either. watched bunch of sixer games and he was hot, thats all. not so hot tonight :).

Giles also played really good defense on Embiid. Maybe Grant can stop pretending he’s some defensive liability every time he’s on the floor now(“a mismatch here with Giles in the game”). Harry has excellent defensive instincts and now that he’s avoided the bonehead fouls for the most part we’re seeing his timing and anticipation is special.
I didn't get to watch until a few minutes into the 2nd half (though I have the game recorded and will re-watch) but I thought Giles played well during the time I saw him matched up with Embiid. In fact, I didn't think Embiid did all that much against him. I saw enough to further believe in my previous statement that he can defend centers. Just wait until he gains experience and more strength.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Why the hell was Coz talking about Cousins after the best Kings' win of the season??? And then he started making predictions on who the Lakers and the Clipps were going to get in FA???? After the best Kings win of the season??? It was soo freaking inappropriate. Christie was just standing there making faces, totally uncomfortable with a Kings' post game that devolved into who the Lakers and Clipps were going to get in FA and showing a clip of a Cousins stare down after a slam dunk. Way to step on a punch line, Coz!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why the hell was Coz talking about Cousins after the best Kings' win of the season??? And then he started making predictions on who the Lakers and the Clipps were going to get in FA???? After the best Kings win of the season??? It was soo freaking inappropriate. Christie was just standing there making faces, totally uncomfortable with a Kings' post game that devolved into who the Lakers and Clipps were going to get in FA and showing a clip of a Cousins stare down after a slam dunk. Way to step on a punch line, Coz!
Remember, Koz spent some years covering the W's...and he's always liked Cousins...and I think it just might have been a little tweak at Napear. :p

Relax. Norcal audience. It's a regional story. Plus we're going to be playing them soon. But... you do point to something, an alarming trend I've noticed that there was some attrition from the Kings fanbase during the recent ten year basketball recession in Sacramento, and people were becoming legit W's fans, even in Sacramento. There should be a city ordinance against that honestly.

Huge win!

Gotta take care of that ball though. Way to many telegraphed passes that were easily picked off... also is there a team in the league that fouls more 3 point shooters than us? It feels like we give up 4 point plays on a nightly basis. Other than that, great effort by our guys across the board against a very good team. GO KINGS!
You found a lot bad to say. Well done

@KingsSelecao What was that again about Buddy Hield not coming up BIG against top teams? @Entity already clearly shot down that notion, but curious what your excuse will be for tonight? I mean, Buddy did miss a FT late in the game so there's that I guess.
“No Redick. No Chandler. It’s not really that special. I’ll bet my rental properties that Philly destroys the Kings in Philly with those guys back”

Every forum has one or two

Going to watch again......Simmons got 22 and 7 ish, but I thought Bagley was pretty good defending him. Simmons is a load.
I thought Bagley did a good job on him too, but it should be noted that Simmons doesn't really look to score at all. His season average of PPG is only at 16.9pts. Only attempts 11.9FGA which is in the middle of WCS and Bogdan for reference. Simmons is a killer instinct away from being a legitimate superstar...better than Embiid imo. But that's just me lol