The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Looked like he did something bad to his quad.

All these years striving to reach the playoffs only to get injured when he gets there.
Sir Charles fears Cuz might have blown out his quad like he did years ago. Says Cuz grabbed the same area of the quad that he injured. Let’s hope not and that it’s just a mild or moderate strain.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sir Charles fears Cuz might have blown out his quad like he did years ago. Says Cuz grabbed the same area of the quad that he injured. Let’s hope not and that it’s just a mild or moderate strain.
Yeah. It honestly looked a lot like the Dipo quad in terms of how his leg just sorta gave

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
it just gave out on him. that's a lot of weight to be running up and down the court.
Serious question: how much weight do you think he could reasonably lose, on that frame, and still be effective as a basketball player? Because I hear people talk about him "carrying a lot of weight," as if they think a guy that height, and built like he is, could stand to be around 230. And I'm thinking, if he were 230, with that build, he wouldn't be in the NBA.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Looks like he will probably sign another year for mid level and stay with dubs another year. This definitely does not look good for his career. Out there somewhere, bricklayer is in mourning.
IF he can recover he has a shot to make his money after next season without KD around. Doesn’t seem as devastating as I assumed it was when I first heard “Torn Quad.”

Serious question: how much weight do you think he could reasonably lose, on that frame, and still be effective as a basketball player? Because I hear people talk about him "carrying a lot of weight," as if they think a guy that height, and built like he is, could stand to be around 230. And I'm thinking, if he were 230, with that build, he wouldn't be in the NBA.
I don't think there's any chance DeMarcus could reasonably get under 250-255 unless he fasted for a long time. But, of course, then he'd be no good to anyone.

Looks like he will probably sign another year for mid level and stay with dubs another year. This definitely does not look good for his career. Out there somewhere, bricklayer is in mourning.

With the money they have to give out this year I assumed even prior to this MLE would be too rich. I'm not sure what the penalties are but a MLE deal would actually cost them significantly more in tax penalties I figure.

Hopefully he comes back 100%. I would be mind blown if he comes back this year. I can't believe it doesn't require surgery if that's the truth. The pic I saw looked like a full tear of the muscle if not the tendon itself.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
why wouldn't he be? He can lose weight if he truly and fully committed to it, but that's just my opinion. At what point do you look yourself in the mirror and say...you know what, being this big, burly and heavy big man just isn't going to cut it because the last two seasons he's had season ending injuries and I don't think that's a coincidence all of a sudden.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just have to say....Boogie is truly cursed, he just isn't meant to be in the Playoffs or be part of a winning team while contributing so far in his career and next season will be year 10