The photo thread (pictures you've taken)

is there lots to do in Athens?
I was there only for two nights so can’t really say. Spent sometime checking out the Acropolis and the Parthenon as well as a few roof top bars. Back in 2019, Athens seems to be relatively cheap compare to other parts of Europe like London and Paris

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I was there only for two nights so can’t really say. Spent sometime checking out the Acropolis and the Parthenon as well as a few roof top bars. Back in 2019, Athens seems to be relatively cheap compare to other parts of Europe like London and Paris
London and Paris are way too touristy, did you check out any other parts of France or the UK?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
A couple of the Uber drivers we spoke with in Europe said that Greece was indeed one of the vacation destinations frequented by other Europeans just for that reason.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Nice shot. I just got streaky white lights up here. Cool but pretty low on the "wow" scale.
I saw some photos from last night near where I live (the photo above was 40 minutes away from my house in the foothills) that were better than this. But I was out around 10 pm and the other photos were from around 2 am. I'm going to try again tonight around 1 am or so - it is supposed to still be there but maybe not *quite* as strong.

Edit: Dad and I went out for two hours from midnight to 2 am and ... nothing. Apparently if we had gone out earlier (say, 10 am or so) we may have caught something, but nothing like the night before, apparently. I should have switched my night activities and it would have worked! ;)

Last edited:
Ahh I was out from about 10:45 to 11:30. Most of the pic I've seen from around here are just a purple hued sky(go Kings!)

It's a bucket list item for me. I have a friend in Alaska I'm planning to visit once my life is back on track. Maybe a visit down under to see Aurora Australis as well.