The photo thread (pictures you've taken)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I thought it might be fun to share photos you have taken, whether on vacation, or something funny you've seen, or whatever. While I'm no photographer by any means, I occasionally take some shots that I think turn out OK. :) I typically don't use any filters, etc. - I mostly just use my iPhone and a Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (point and shoot with 30x optical zoom) - nothing fancy by any means. I don't Photoshop them or anything either, although the results would undoubtedly be better if I did. I thought I'd share a couple from our most recent trip and over time maybe some from prior vacations, etc., as well.

If you know where and when the photo was taken, that's cool to know as well!

One gripe is that this board doesn't allow for larger file size photos straight from the camera so they have to be resized smaller to upload.

Hawaii (Big Island), August 2021
P1000365 reduced.jpg

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I took this one while messing around with an older point-and-shoot I had - a Canon PowerShot SX40 HS. Funny thing is, I've never been able to get quite as good of a moon picture again. Who knows? Atmospheric, lighting, and camera settings all must have been just right.

Moon, March 2012 Moon.JPG

Sacré-Cœur is pretty far away from eifel tower
Yes, and with a telephoto lens and an angle pointed mostly at the skyline, the view in the picture looks kinda similar to one I took 2 decades ago from the Sacré Cœur … with a circa 2000 disposable Carnival Cruise Line giveaway camera. (Although clearly not as good Warhawk).

I’d never been to Montparnesse Tower so that didn’t enter my mind as a place with actual elevation in Paris to take such a shot.

Although, I recognize it from Amélie.

For anyone who has been to Paris, the City of Light cannot soon forget the experience (three separate visits for me over several decades). Its beauty unforgettable (see cool video shot one year ago - not by me). If I were to rank most beautiful cities I've been to Paris might be number one but for sure top five. My top 10 list in no particular order each getting "big wow": 1) Paris, France 2) Beirut, Lebanon (before terrible civil war wrecked) 3) Hong Kong (flying into old Kai Tak airport low descent past waterfront skyline stunning - new international airport not quite as awesome landing) 4) Luang Prabang Laos 5) San Francisco 6) Istanbul, Turkey 7) Singapore 8) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 9) Kyoto, Japan 10) Vancouver, Canada Over the years most of my pictures taken with 35mm camera film and not put online for access. Some shot "modern" digital camera and online but only a few. Here is amazing Paris!

Last edited:
Special shoutout to @Warhawk for bringing this thread back to life, as I probably would have NEVER seen it otherwise. I've enjoyed everyone's posted images; We have some serious photographers on KingsFans.com :p:p:p

One of these fine days, I am going to pull the plug on the purchase of a nice camera so I, too, can capture memories on trips that I take (traveling is one of my goals in life. I've been fortunate enough to have taken a number of nice trips in my life, but there is just so much more of the world that I have yet to see. My goal is to eventually situate myself so I can take periodic trips without feeling guilty about "emptying out my pockets").

I've been wrestling with the idea of purchasing a camera for quite a while now, but just have never seriously pursued it. I think that time is approaching.

Keep those awesome pictures coming; I love to see where others have been, and what others have seen. And the pictures that have captured both :).

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Special shoutout to @Warhawk for bringing this thread back to life, as I probably would have NEVER seen it otherwise. I've enjoyed everyone's posted images; We have some serious photographers on KingsFans.com :p:p:p

One of these fine days, I am going to pull the plug on the purchase of a nice camera so I, too, can capture memories on trips that I take (traveling is one of my goals in life. I've been fortunate enough to have taken a number of nice trips in my life, but there is just so much more of the world that I have yet to see. My goal is to eventually situate myself so I can take periodic trips without feeling guilty about "emptying out my pockets").

I've been wrestling with the idea of purchasing a camera for quite a while now, but just have never seriously pursued it. I think that time is approaching.

Keep those awesome pictures coming; I love to see where others have been, and what others have seen. And the pictures that have captured both :).
Many of these are just iPhone photos. Some are with a relatively inexpensive Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (just a "point and shoot" with 30x optical zoom - about $400). I just use it mainly for when I want to have a good zoom to reach out and touch something that the iPhone would need to get a grainy shot from digital zooming. :) The nice thing about that camera is it fits in your pocket, so you aren't dealing with a DSLR and all the lenses, etc., that take up a lot of space and cost a lot more. I don't want or need anything that fancy as it would be a lot more camera than I would actually use.

I'm no "photographer" - I just like snapping photos and sometimes I like the result. :) I encourage others to share theirs as well! This thread isn't just for me.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Point Reyes (January 2014) with my old Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

I like the mist coming off the breaking wave and the reflections in the sand.

2014-01-03 Point Reyes trip 082.JPG