The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Doris Burke: Zion Zion Zion ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION Zion Zion ZION ZION ZION Zion ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION
So she is the same as almost everyone else then :/

Watching simply amazing just turned 21 year old NBA superstar Luka tonight chalk up another league leading triple double leading Mavs to OT win don't know whether to cry or laugh - how about both. Kings are a well established snakebit franchise for years, decades. Once in a lifetime savior appears and the franchise proves again worse than snakebit (unlucky) but simpleton idiots. But they're OUR idiots. Sacramento Kings, our lovable, laughable, stooges.jpg losers. The truth hurts for sure - deeply.

Luka set the franchise record already for triple doubles, surpassing Kidd. In his second season. I mentioned he might be a modern iteration of Larry Bird, and this franchise passed on him for another Stromile Swift.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Stromile Swift is laugh if the comparison wasn’t somewhat close
And by "somewhat close" you mean "257 light-years off"? Stromile Swift was an athlete who had no discernable basketball skills and who had no business being a #2 pick in a weak draft. Bagley oozes basketball and has been sidelined for too much of his first two years by injury. If one is going to make an inapt comparison, at least make that comparison to Greg Oden and not to Stromile freaking Swift.

Though, seriously, it's kind of sad that in pining for their lost love Luka, folks in this thread feel the need to throw out ridiculous aspersions against Bagley as if he weren't a tremendous basketball prospect, worthy of at least a top-5 pick, ...oh, and that his health and progress are basically the only hope this franchise has. But, you know, whatever, crap all over undeservingly because he's not your one and only...

And by "somewhat close" you mean "257 light-years off"? Stromile Swift was an athlete who had no discernable basketball skills and who had no business being a #2 pick in a weak draft. Bagley oozes basketball and has been sidelined for too much of his first two years by injury. If one is going to make an inapt comparison, at least make that comparison to Greg Oden and not to Stromile freaking Swift.

Though, seriously, it's kind of sad that in pining for their lost love Luka, folks in this thread feel the need to throw out ridiculous aspersions against Bagley as if he weren't a tremendous basketball prospect, worthy of at least a top-5 pick, ...oh, and that his health and progress are basically the only hope this franchise has. But, you know, whatever, crap all over undeservingly because he's not your one and only...
And some will act like Bagley is the second coming and has flashed star potential

Bagley's closer to Swift than he is to Oden. Bagley can't hold Oden's jock as a prospect coming out of college. He went #1 for reasons that weren't idiotic GMs. Bagley kept slipping in mocks leading up to the draft according to most experts. Funny how those things work, huh?

How can you ooze basketball skills when you're laughably bad at basically every skill or IQ based aspect of the game? His game is being more athletic than everyone else and using that to put up counting stats. And before someone brings up 20-10 PER 36 again, Swift's ain't bad either. 17-9-3 blocks in his best years.

What's equally sad is seeing people who have crapped all over certain Kings players in the past act so affronted over Bagley because he represents the desperate hopes of this fanbase and the desperate need for hometown hero Vlade to end up validated. You said it yourself. Well, consider me ye of little faith. If we're disparaging him because he's not Luka, you're manufacturing him being better and more skilled than he actually is. He's not the first one where his high draft star is fading quickly and he won't be the last.

Bagley's closer to Swift than he is to Oden. Bagley can't hold Oden's jock as a prospect coming out of college. He went #1 for reasons that weren't idiotic GMs. Bagley kept slipping in mocks leading up to the draft according to most experts. Funny how those things work, huh?

How can you ooze basketball skills when you're laughably bad at basically every skill or IQ based aspect of the game? His game is being more athletic than everyone else and using that to put up counting stats. And before someone brings up 20-10 PER 36 again, Swift's ain't bad either. 17-9-3 blocks in his best years.

What's equally sad is seeing people who have crapped all over certain Kings players in the past act so affronted over Bagley because he represents the desperate hopes of this fanbase and the desperate need for hometown hero Vlade to end up validated. You said it yourself. Well, consider me ye of little faith. If we're disparaging him because he's not Luka, you're manufacturing him being better and more skilled than he actually is. He's not the first one where his high draft star is fading quickly and he won't be the last.
Some people live in a fantasy land where Bagley look like a future star. Even in the limited games he’s played what skill has he shown that he’ll be a star player? Literally none, I don’t care where he was drafted or looked at duke look at his game in the league. It does scream star player

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Some people live in a fantasy land where Bagley look like a future star. Even in the limited games he’s played what skill has he shown that he’ll be a star player? Literally none, I don’t care where he was drafted or looked at duke look at his game in the league. It does scream star player
1; dat second jump tho

2; 360 alleyoop that one time

Dudes destined for greatness.

I wish Bagley oozed basketball. His lack of feel for the game is the most disappointing and concerning thing about him (excluding injuries).
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say he completely lacks feel, so much as he lacks vision (blackhole). He's no bust for sure, and way better than guys who just have athleticism and nothing else. But at this point he has yet to prove he can be one of the better starters in the league, let alone an all star or a great impact player.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say he completely lacks feel, so much as he lacks vision (blackhole). He's no bust for sure, and way better than guys who just have athleticism and nothing else. But at this point he has yet to prove he can be one of the better starters in the league, let alone an all star or a great impact player.
Get out of here with your measured, rational, fair assessment. :p

This is exactly why I compared them. Stro relied upon his athleticism to get buckets and rebound, but wasn't a very skilled or heady player. We can see the contrast just on this team with a player like Giles who relies upon skills, decision making, and timing to make the right play if that is a pass or scoring attempt. Bagley is going to be a bull trying to score 99 times out of 100 and does so with not much skill. He's still one handed, which there's no excuse for, and I'm not sold on him because despite being injured a lot, he's shown nothing that tells me he has the IQ to develop his game.

With that being said, this thread isn't about Bagley, and I'm not bashing him at all. I'm simply stating what I believe to be the truth, and I think Bagley will end his career being a Stromile Swift type forward who relies upon his physical gifts to score. If anything all the criticizm of Bagley isn't about Bagley at all, but about the scouting and management staff that thought he had a higher ceiling and was more NBA ready than LD.

Now, back to the LD show.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone.

Luka, 40/8/11 tonight.

Dallas lost but they locked down a playoff spot a couple days ago.

Will be nice seeing him in the playoffs. That's where the stars play.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

I just enjoy bringing this back up for no apparent reason.

Lol, the highlight of Bagley's career is his summer-league dunk.
Remember when he got worked by Derrick Jones Jr and everyone said not to worry?

Good thing we didn’t have to worry about him getting worked by small forwards, just breaking every bone in his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.