The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Mavs got THJ and Porzingis out for injuries. So their 2nd and 3rd option guys r out. Gotta be hard for the mavs to win games without them.

and Justin Jackson playing well, while u have a playmaker that feed u nice looks he can actually drop points. He showing things that he didn’t show here in Sacramento.

Part of me wants to trade Buddy to the Mavs just to see how long it takes Luka to explode on him. Just as a leadership experiment. I would set the over/under at 2.5 games.
He will perform better. Just like JR Smith under Lebron’s command. Ofc he will still make atrocious mistakes sometimes but he don’t need to make decision with Luka besides him. Just play offball, get urself open and take the shoot if Luka finds u.
In clutch, just pass the ball to luka and wait.
Buddy can be really good if he isn’t the guy making decisions.

For now, Dirk is the Goat in Dallas, but man this kid got potential. In so many ways I can see him win at least 1 championship. when u see him play u see the same mentality that all the greats share, the leadership the winner mentality the way he impacts in his teammates and the other team when he is on the floor, this year he is kinda bricking in clutch time, but the way he still embraces those clutch moments. He’s got all the intangibles to become one of the greatest.
He reminds me of Tom Brady, no atletisism. But a born winner with all the intangibles to be a great leader.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's very obvious he will be better than Dirk. Jerry West didn't forget about Dirk Nowitzki. Luka Doncic is just this good.
o_O

Dirk played for 21 seasons and put up 206 Win Shares - 8th best in the NBA ever. Luka is up to 11 Win Shares, so he's like 1/20th of the way there. "Very obvious he will be better than Dirk"? Get out. "Playing well enough to have a shot at Dirk if everything goes right and he doesn't break down or get injured"? Sure. But I'm sorry man, until he walks across the Sea of Galilee or reaches at least 150 WS there's no room for "very obvious he will be better than Dirk".

o_O

Dirk played for 21 seasons and put up 206 Win Shares - 8th best in the NBA ever. Luka is up to 11 Win Shares, so he's like 1/20th of the way there. "Very obvious he will be better than Dirk"? Get out. "Playing well enough to have a shot at Dirk if everything goes right and he doesn't break down or get injured"? Sure. But I'm sorry man, until he walks across the Sea of Galilee or reaches at least 150 WS there's no room for "very obvious he will be better than Dirk".
There's a difference between being very good for a long time, and being at an individual level that puts you in the top 1-3 players in the game. West was saying Luka will be a Lebron type impact player.

People that been on a basketball do acknowledge his talent and impact, almost 30 points 10 rebs and 9 assist per game is even more impressive when u see they r like 23-14.
In my post above I said that it looks like he is bricking a lot in clutch, but tbh it doesn’t matter still 20 years he will learn to drown them, Kobe bricked in clutch more than anyone, what sets them apart is the way they demand the ball in clutch they step up in those moments, Luka’s team mate Kleber said “it’s easy to play with him, u give him the ball and let him make the the decisions, I try to get open and if he finds me I shoot”.

for example I would like Fox to have that kind of mentality, to demand the ball when is clutch time cuz he is the most talented played in our team and the ball must be in his hands at that time, even if he bricks too. That’s what leaders do.

Watching Jokic vs Doncic to see who will take the Balkans throne when Bjelica steps down was pretty amazing to watch tonight. Jokic is super clutch this year. Luka still a beast but they need Zinger back but.

o_O

Just let it go. He's already in the MVP conversation in his second season. If you want to be the last person in the room to acknowledge the obvious, you're welcome to your own devices but these types of comments already seem petty and they're going to look even worse in retrospect. Even Dirk would tell you that Luka is going to surpass his considerable accomplishments as long as he can stay healthy.

Luka's seeing far more doubles and traps than he saw last season. Teams even started doubling him 90ft from the basket forcing someone else to bring up the rock.

With Porzingis out and a generally poor roster, Carlisle hasn't found an answer to it.

Last night and LAL did this too, on the P&R his man and the big are sticking with him. Opponents are more comfortable playing 3 vs 4 than letting Luka attack off screens where I think I saw some stat where he's the most efficient P&R player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.