The official KEEP RICK ADELMAN thread

SK23 said:
Dude, Rick Adelman stated that he wanted this roster in the begining of the season. If he wasn't willing to work with this roster then he would of told GP to do something about it.
If he didn't like this roster, do you really think Rick would have publicly said so? Rick isn't that dumb.

S

SK23

kennadog said:
If he didn't like this roster, do you really think Rick would have publicly said so? Rick isn't that dumb.
Thats why I said he would tell GP about it. Coaches do talk with their GM.

SK23 said:
Thats why I said he would tell GP about it. Coaches do talk with their GM.
As close as GP and RA are, I'm sure they did talk. And we have no idea what was said. Maybe GP said this is the best options I can give you and Rick said okay to this option. Maybe the other options would've been worse, who knows? We sure don't. And GP has already admitted things didn't work as hoped for.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, that's enough.

SK23 - You have no basis in fact for virtually anything you've stated. They are your opinions and nothing more. The rolling eyes and angry emoticon stuff is totally unnecessary and inappropriate.

I strongly suggest you take it down a notch. I've commented to you several times in PMs. This is an on-the-board warning since you're apparently ignoring my private remarks.

Thank you.

Adleman has flaws he will never admit to or address.The only thing the team is showing now is that the players can be reached, but that Adleman was unable to do it. It took Artest to reach them and Garcia & Martin's improvement have come due to injuries and due to the team finally diversifying the offense(somethign Adleman has been reluctant to do). Two players showing SOME promise does not make up for the years of misused young talent.

I've been ready for Adleman to be gone since the playoffs before the Brad Miller trade and I'm still ready for him to be gone. I do think however that firing him right now would be a mistake. It'll be taken care of in the off-season, but I feel Adleman's blindness to his ineptitudes has cost us shots at a title.

I really don't know why 99% of Kings fans are so in the moment, constantly suffering from short term memory and have a general chickens with their heads cutoff behavior.

I do understand the point that you might not get a better coach than Adleman, but the full story to that idea is that you might not get a well known coach better than Adleman. What you still might get is a lesser known guy who is quite good and is looking for a chance. What you might get is a Stan Van Gundy who is more suited to this roster than Adleman is.

"Let's keep Adleman because I don't want Nellie!" is a bad, bad philosophy.

SK23 said:

kennedog's actually a dudette. One of many knowledgable ones we have around here.

In 10 years you will be very embarrased to realize you didnt know how wrong you are about Adelman, the teams of past and just how good of a coach he really was. Plus you will realize that it takes talnt to win and that coach can only do so much with what they have.

About the whole defense thing...Adelman mentioned in the paper the other day that he knows everyone wants a defensive team, but insisted you needed the right players. It's not like he assembles our roster. He has to work with what's given to him.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Sirius said:
About the whole defense thing...Adelman mentioned in the paper the other day that he knows everyone wants a defensive team, but insisted you needed the right players. It's not like he assembles our roster. He has to work with what's given to him.
To repeat (again), the team was a good defensive team just a few short years ago with the same coach....

It takes the right personnel.

Warhawk said:
To repeat (again), the team was a good defensive team just a few short years ago with the same coach....

It takes the right personnel.
It's more the players than the coach. Just look at the Knicks. Larry Brown was a defensive genius with Detroit, but the Knicks are one of th worst defensive teams in the league. It's the players!!! Keep Adelman!!!

Hind-sight is 20-20. When RA put C-Webb back into the starting Rotation after his knee surgery, it messed mostly with Peja's "unconscious" play on the court and we went into the playoffs limping and bleeding. On the other hand like Diabeticwonder said, it has a lot to do with the players. This is the same squad that we had minus Peja plus Artest, and even though the current record with Ron as a King isn't that impressive, we've given up something like ten fewer ppg and definitely have a new feel/presence/attitude. Winning builds chemistry, and sticking it to MF tonight sure won't hurt anything!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
LoungeLizard said:
The Jazz would be a 12 win team with a coach other than Jerry Sloan. It's funny, cuz I live in Utah and a ton of people complain about Sloan being too old school or that his players don't listen to him any more. He get's more out of the group of scrubs they have here than anyone could possibly imagine. Anyway, give Rick an extension.
This was a great input. Thinking about it more, the Kings too have a bunch of, well not scrubs, but interesting players and some on paper are really good to great. But with injuries and new players and such, I too think that maybe Adelman is the only coach in the league who can deal with them and bring them together. But one hand is continually tied behind his back with the injury stuff. In any case, Coach + Coachie + ET + TRDunn are a unique group who seem to do well.

The final analysis will be Artest. If he works out when Miller is back running things from the high post and IF, here is a big IF, the SAR-Thomas situation can be worked out as to who gets the most minutes and both are happy, then we end up with a powerfull bench: SAR likely, Cisco, KMart plus Skinner when the matchups warrant.

Coach for one more year.

S

SK23

slugking50 said:
kennedog's actually a dudette. One of many knowledgable ones we have around here.

In 10 years you will be very embarrased to realize you didnt know how wrong you are about Adelman, the teams of past and just how good of a coach he really was. Plus you will realize that it takes talnt to win and that coach can only do so much with what they have.
Ok No argument, Rick Adelman is the best coach ever. How can I not realize that? I guess I'll give you my account password so you can post for me since i'm not entitled to an opinion.

SK23 said:
Ok No argument, Rick Adelman is the best coach ever. How can I not realize that? I guess I'll give you my account password so you can post for me since i'm not entitled to an opinion.
Oh, oh, can I post for you too? I'd have you write:

"You're absolutely right, maybe I should give some justification for my very strong and often negative opinions of Kings players and coaches. Thank you all for teaching me a very valuable lesson. I promise that I will take it to heart."

S

SK23

nbrans said:

"You're absolutely right, maybe I should give some justification for my very strong and often negative opinions of Kings players and coaches. Thank you all for teaching me a very valuable lesson. I promise that I will take it to heart."
Ok whats the strong and negative opinions here? All I said was I think this team can use a new coach that is more defensive minded. If that bothers you then I don't know what to tell you. And its not like im lieing, this team gives up about 100 ppg until Ron Artest came. Plus everyone can agree that Rick's rotations are horrible. And a few games is not going to change my mind about the coach. Credit for this sudden defense goes to Ron Artest and his leadership on the court. And when I said negative things about our front court I think I'm right about that. We havn't had any rebounding or defense from our "big men". Am i wrong about that? I don't get why people take it so hard when someone posts their opinions on something. Its happened ever since I joined this forum. If I say I want a new coach people start jumping on me like I'm the GM and took over the team.

SK23 said:
Ok whats the strong and negative opinions here? .
maybe it's not what you say, but how you say it. For example, the "Fire Adelman Now" in caps with the mad faces on each side in your signature could come across as a strong and negative position.

If it said "Let's get a defensive minded coach & win a championship" I don't think anyone would find it argumentative, even if they believed Adelman should stay.

Just my 2cents.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nbrans said:

BRAVO!!