The OAO thread about Grant Napear's podcast

I listened to Grants interview with Jerry Reynolds. Most of the stories I knew from watching all those Kings games on TV plus I read Jerry's book Reynolds Remembers.

It was quite entertaining for a Kings Fan like me who enjoyed this former broadcast duo.

To me it sounds as if both are doing quite well as their life's move on.

I’m pro- Grant in his whole saga with KHTK but it is funny how opposite Grant is on Kings matters now that he isn’t a mouthpiece

1) Kings are a dumpster fire with no light at the end of the tunnel

2) Attendance is awful and this time it isn’t the fans fault. I remember the Kings started something like 4-6 one season but played hard, Grant was angry that ARCO wasn’t packed to the brim. “The Kings are doing their part”

3) Rips ownership and management

4) Kings should trade everybody. He used to not even speculate on the possibility of trading anybody or what players to pursue much to the frustration of callers.

but..while he may be bitter, he’s not wrong on most fronts.

Last edited:
I’m pro- Grant in his whole saga with KHTK but it is funny how opposite Grant is on Kings matters now that he isn’t a mouthpiece

2) Attendance is awful and this time it isn’t the fans fault. I remember the Kings started something like 4-6 one season but played hard, Grant was angry that ARCO wasn’t packed to the brim. “The Kings are doing their part”

4) Kings should trade everybody. He used to not even speculate on the possibility of trading anybody or what players to pursue much to the frustration of callers.

Hilariously truthful.

Is this surprising? He doesn't work for the Kings organization anymore. Do you think Mark Jones or Katie Christensen are going to be critical of the owner and management? Not likely to happen, unless they move on somewhere else

Is this surprising? He doesn't work for the Kings organization anymore. Do you think Mark Jones or Katie Christensen are going to be critical of the owner and management? Not likely to happen, unless they move on somewhere else
I don’t…but I didn’t say I found it surprising. I said I found it funny