The NBA2K10 thread (merged)

Man, i usually buy every NBA2k game the day it drops but my 360 just hit me wit the ring of death. I might just make the jump 2 PS3.
We'll gladly welcome you aboard :). I've heard Xbox 360's die a lot, is that true? No problems with my PS3 so far.

I wish I could afford 2K10 right now but I can't. I downloaded the rookies in 2K9 so it's not that big a deal for me.

only thing thats keeping me from buying this 2k10 is the cover player ;) but for the sake of awesome bball gaming in ps3 ill endure

I've heard Xbox 360's die a lot, is that true? No problems with my PS3 so far.
I'm on my third, supposedly the issues have been fixed now. Considering how much more I play the 360 I can't say my PS3 is any better. I find online play, as rare as I get to enjoy it, much better through Live.

A

AriesMar27

i will be getting 2k10 the day it is released... i downloaded the nba live 10 demo yesterday and that game is horrible.... i just needed my baskeball fix and that didnt do it for me. i hope that they balance the gameplay, it was impossible to beat good teams with horrible teams unless you play a peferct game for 4 quarters.... you'll start off hot and then all of your shots will stop falling in the 3rd even if you are open.

i used to play against my roommmates all the time and one of them always uses the lakers, i play with the bad teams like the kings because i am good at the game but it was just so tough in 2k9 to win games. i thinks it was a biorhythm issue. they wanted it to be so real that even cpu players choke in the 4th. i would be up by 15 by half time and then bam.... every 3pt shot would miss and several layups would miss as well....

but if you have 2 good teams it was a great game. thank god for lebron james, if it werent for him i would be screwed. because my roommate mastered kobe bryant, it was damn near impossible to beat him unless i could bait him into a 3pt shoot out. durant and mayo were beasts in 2k9, okc and memphis were the only bad teams i could consistently beat the lakers with.

I'm on my third, supposedly the issues have been fixed now. Considering how much more I play the 360 I can't say my PS3 is any better. I find online play, as rare as I get to enjoy it, much better through Live.
I've heard that too. But PS3's is free, so no complaints here.

I just like Sony's exclusives a lot more than Microsoft's. (Big mistake from Sony not to keep Final Fantasy XIII an exclusive though, if it were possible). Then again, I never had an original Xbox and had both Ps1 and Ps2

I received the '3 Rings of Death' about 2 YRS ago.
Microsoft fixed it within 3 weeks. Everything has been cool so far.
As for online play. LOL! There's a reason U pay for XBOXLIVE & not Sony's online.

Last YRS 2K9 would always go down or have connection problems for my friends PS3. He'd text me & ask if I was able to get on w/my 360. & yes, I was. There were times he couldn't get on all WKend; where I'd have no problems @ all. It wasn't 2K's servers (which weren't the best either), it was Sony.
We both play SFIV online as well w/our diff systems. I won't even get N2 all of the connection, search engine difficulties he faces w/that game; where I've NVR had a problem w/my 360.

BTW, what's the release date for 2K10?

Im getting it the first day it comes out. Im top 1000 in 2k9, I want to get top 100 but some of these people know automatic ways to score.

I was ranked 19th on all of Xbox Live in both 2k7 and 2k8 and only played with Sac. Between getting married and working two jobs, I didn't have too much time with 2k9 online unfortunately. I'm definitely getting on 2k10 hard this year, especially now that Sac has a legitimate star in Evans. Can't wait to dominate with that kid.

We did get shafted, but you have to take into account the the spread of the ratings are larger now. 2K9 was 50-99, 2K10 is 25-99
I think Hawes and Thompson should both be 74's and Kmart should be atleast a 80..

jerome james is a 45 and Omri Casspi is a 51??? lol is he only slightly better than Jerome James??

Last edited: