The Kings BLOCK: Who Could Be On The Move?

I honestly don't see anything happening. At least none of the trade rumors we have heard thus far. We just need to get and stay healthy.

kings.realgm.com/articles.phtml?aid=145

Bob Souza - 23rd February, 2005 0:23 AM

Two-time NBA Executive of the Year Geoff Petrie may be up to something. Then again, maybe he’s not.

The man gives nothing away. Owners Joe and Gavin Maloof have finally given up trying to lever out any juicy information. Even his wife admits to having learned of one trade by reading the newspaper.

His reasoning is simple, Petrie says. He never discusses a deal until it becomes fact.

“First of all, having been an ex-player, I don’t think it’s right to be throwing players’ names out there, particularly if it’s just a matter of speculation or a wish-list kind of thing,” he said. “I think it’s a sign of disrespect”.

Okay.

With that in mind, we are left to our own bad manner of speculation.

“On The BLOCK”

It’s no secret the Kings could use some big-time rebounding and defensive help. The offense is still quite capable, both inside and out, when the team has it all together.

Peja Stojakovic was pathetically clear in his pre-season ramblings about going elsewhere. And by the way he has been tap-dancing around the probing questions lately, even Fred Astaire would have been impressed. Seems he has not had any change of heart. He is the most likely to go.

One scenario has Stojakovic, along with Bobby Jackson, going to the Lakers for Lamar Odom. Jackson has been injured a lot the last couple of years, and apparently had lost a half step when the season began. Wow.

Another one: Stojakovic, Jackson, and Kevin Martin to Boston for Paul Pierce. Boom. Never gonna happen. Does nothing to address the defensive problems. Nice try, though.

Or this: Stojakovic, and Matt Barnes to Denver for… are you ready? Carmelo Anthony, Nene, and Greg Buckner. Well, we can dream, can’t we?

Other Possibilities

Chris Webber has not been shy about his fancy to someday toil for Isiah Thomas in New York. Will he get his wish so soon? Maybe.

Would the Knicks be willing to send Stephon Marbury and Kurt Thomas to Utah in exhange for Raul Lopez? In addition, they would get Webber, and the Kings come away with Carlos Boozer and Matt Harpring from the Jazz. Now we’re really getting crazy. Stop it.

Outlook

Despite their recent woes, the Kings believe they have all the parts they need to contend again. Injuries have played a major role in the season so far, and lack of practice time with newcomer Cuttino Mobley has made it difficult for Rick Adelman to assimilate him into the flow of the offense. It has also reduced some of the play-calling options.

These are veteran players who understand the peaks and valleys of a long season, and the preparation needed for the playoffs. They appear to be close enough, personnel wise, where a huge change is probably not worth the risk. Based on their performances, Brad Miller and Mike Bibby are untouchable, and the bench has been very effective. I don’t foresee any big swaps.

Then again, with Petrie in charge – we won’t know until it happens.

I just checked the Kings' home page and scrolled down to see the stats( leading scorer.....) and what did I see??
Chris Webber is missing in all stats!!
I don't know what that means, hopefully nothing!!!

KingsStyle said:
I just checked the Kings' home page and scrolled down to see the stats( leading scorer.....) and what did I see??
Chris Webber is missing in all stats!!
I don't know what that means, hopefully nothing!!!
Just saw the same thing. And I guess this doesn't look good for Sactown. I'm pretty sure Webber is on the move.

Let's not make too many assumptions there, but still if the trade really occurs it's not gonna be a sad day for the Kings. But at least every fan rooting for Peja will be thrilled, Webber being a big loser when on the other hand Stojakovic always seems into it, is no Playoff choker.

IMO, it'd definitely be a wrong move but Kings organization sometimes made wrong moves.

Boy, some of those "rumors" sound really familiar.

I think RealGM gets their articles from some kind of machine that reads message board posts, chews them up and spits them out into something "new".

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Bob Souza gave me a great set of laffs to start the day. Right after my first cup of coffee. Carmelo hohoho that was great!!. Boozer and Harpring harharhar..... ahhhhhh har....... it got better. Like a good burp after a great ale. Face it, we're stuck with what we got. We need a change but........

Mike0476 said:
Would the Knicks be willing to send Stephon Marbury and Kurt Thomas to Utah in exhange for Raul Lopez? In addition, they would get Webber, and the Kings come away with Carlos Boozer and Matt Harpring from the Jazz. Now we’re really getting crazy. Stop it.
Raul Lopez is gone for the season with an injury. This may have been the deal breaker, however perhaps Utah might get another throw in.

OMG Webber is missing from the Kings webpage? The webmaster must have known about the trade BEFORE EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE KNOWN WORLD!

This is getting so dumb. How long now?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
bdouble013 said:
OMG Webber is missing from the Kings webpage? The webmaster must have known about the trade BEFORE EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE KNOWN WORLD!

This is getting so dumb. How long now?
Well, he's back up now. So guess the trade must have fallen through. ;)

I just went into the mall and Champs Sports was all out of #4 jerseys...They must know something and that must mean that Webber is gone. They also didn't have any Dan Gadzuric Milwaukee jerseys in so that must mean that Webb is going to Milwaukee for Gadzuric.

Diabeticwonder said:
I just went into the mall and Champs Sports was all out of #4 jerseys...They must know something and that must mean that Webber is gone. They also didn't have any Dan Gadzuric Milwaukee jerseys in so that must mean that Webb is going to Milwaukee for Gadzuric.
Haha , some of the comments on this board are getting wittier and wittier.

actually for the past two nights...i keep having this dream where im watching TV...just something on NBA TV...and all of a sudden on the bottomline they flash some trade that was accepted...and im just sitting there in total shock and disbelief...cuz ya know thats the same thing that happened to me when DC was traded...i litterally pinched myself cuz i thought i was dreaming after that one..no joke..hehe...but at least this time if someone does get traded we would have seen it coming for a solid week and not just get blown out of the water like with the DC/Cat trade

Bricklayer said:
Well, he's back up now. So guess the trade must have fallen through. ;)
Nope, just means Petrie won't be telling the webmaster all his secrets anymore because he jumped the gun.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope Webb's not on the move. Saw his interview last night, and when he said he doesn't want to leave for the world it made me realize how lucky we are to have a player who loves this team so much.

This trade won't occur but still I found it interesting.

Boston trades: SF Paul Pierce (22.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.0 minutes)
SG Jiri Welsch (7.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 20.8 minutes)
Boston receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.7 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)
PG Bobby Jackson (11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)
SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Paul Pierce (22.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 36.0 minutes)
SG Jiri Welsch (7.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 20.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.7 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Looking at a trade involving PP, I think a move for Odom would be smarter since he'd bring us boards without asking too much for the ball on the offensive end.

iheartBrad said:
im a huge Paul Pierce fan and would love to see him join my favorite team...but i know it won't happen...its just a nice thought
In reference to your signature about Nash, his girlfriend digs his long messy hair so he won't cut it, even though he wants to. Just an FYI.

OK, this is the real Peja/Odom deal. It actually makes sense for the Jazz, and doesn't require any of our guys to become Lakers.

It still sucks losing Bobby though, I wish there was a way around it.

Sacramento trades:
SF Peja Stojakovic
(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)

PG Bobby Jackson
(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)

Sacramento receives:
PF Lamar Odom
(15.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.3 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -15.8 ppg, +2.8 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Utah trades:
PF Carlos Boozer
(17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)

Utah receives:
SF Peja Stojakovic
(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes)

PG Bobby Jackson
(11.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 21.7 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +13.8 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

L.A. Lakers trades:
PF Lamar Odom
(15.8 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.3 minutes)

L.A. Lakers receives:
PF Carlos Boozer
(17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

G-cubed i was thinking the same thing...but i didn't want to say anything

ive said it before but its just so lifeless i mean its one thing to have hair that length but its completely different to have it look like it does now

don't save this post...but i remember when Steve first came in the league i wished that Phoenix would play more of him cuz i thought he was pretty hot...but then over this past all star break i saw some clips of him in his early NBA days and all i could think was 'oh what was i thinking'

Koz knows something but isn't tipping his hand, because he wants to make sure it's fact. While talking on the radio so far he has predicted a BLOCKBUSTER deal before the deadline for the Kings. Just a hunch he said.

While talking to a caller he says I just don't see Petrie dealing Peja. He found him, he drafted him, he got booed when he drafted him and he's a 3 time all star. Also, while talking to Josh Howard he specifically asked about if he's heard anything about Peja or Webber. If Koz thinks aka knows Peja isn't being dealt, that doesn't leave anyone else but Webber.

Last edited:
Koz has J. Maloof on right now. Joe states he can't throw in the towel. He thinks Sacramento is the best place for the Kings. He says we are disappointed and need to get our focus back. He sounds really disappointed, however, he says he hasn't given up.

DocHolliday said:
Koz knows something but isn't tipping his hand, because he wants to make sure it's fact. While talking on the radio so far he has predicted a BLOCKBUSTER deal before the deadline for the Kings. Just a hunch he said.

While talking to a caller he says I just don't see Petrie dealing Peja. He found him, he drafted him, he got booed when he drafted him and he's a 3 time all star. Also, while talking to Josh Howard he specifically asked about if he's heard anything about Peja or Webber. If Koz thinks aka knows Peja isn't being dealt, that doesn't leave anyone else but Webber.
Wow, tomorrow is going to be really interesting!1

This is getting to dramatized...............but I can't wait!! :D

DocHolliday said:
I'm like a 7 year old on Christmas Eve waiting to open my presents right now.
I'm not. See, I'm the kid who mastered the fine art of opening up and carefully taping back together presents. GAH! I hate not know what is going on. I hate surprises, I can't stand suspense. You either tell me everything or don't tell me anything at all...

:mad:

DocHolliday said:

He also said, the supposed blockcuster could impact both the Western and Eastern Conference...

:mad: This is not fun.