The Alternate Rules Tropical Island Music Draft Thread - Round 20

Just checked atx's profile and confirmed that he hasn't been logged in for over a week, so I'm going to make the executive decision to move on. I'll send the necessary PMs.

Alrighty then...

A Very Special Christmas Vol. 1 - Various Artists- 1989

I had a few to chose from, but with the pending holidays coming I decided to go with this collection, and I had a few to chose from there too. Of this franchise of CDs, the first volume I think is my favorite for Whitney Houston's "Do You Hear What I Hear" Sting's "Gabriel's Message" and Alison Moyet's "Coventry Carol." But everything is great.

. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - The Pointer Sisters
2. Winter Wonderland - Eurythmics
3. Do You Hear What I Hear? - Whitney Houston
4. Merry Christmas Baby - Bruce Springsteen/The E Street Band (live)
5. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - The Pretenders
6. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - John Cougar Mellencamp
7. Gabriel's Message - Sting
8. Christmas In Hollis - Run-DMC
9. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2
10. Santa Baby - Madonna ~ Various Artists
11. Little Drummer Boy, The - Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band ~ Various Artists
12. Run Rudolph Run - Bryan Adams ~ Various Artists
13. I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas - Bon Jovi ~ Various Artists

14. Coventry Carol, The - Alison Moyet ~ Various Artists
15. Silent Night - Stevie Nicks ~ Various Artists

The Hip Hop Box

A pretty decent collection. I can live without what it is missing.

link

Disc: 1 1. Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight 2. Kurtis Blow - The Breaks 3. Treacherous Three - The Body Rock 4. Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock 5. Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five Featuring Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - The Message 6. Run D.M.C. - Sucker M.C.'S (Krush-Groove 1) 7. UTFO - Roxanne Roxanne 8. Roxanne Shante - Roxanne's Revenge 9. Salt-N-Pepa - Push It 10. Too $hort - Freaky Tales 11. Kool Moe Dee - Wild Wild West Disc: 2 1. Eric B. & Rakim - Follow The Leader 2. Boogie Down Productions - My Philosophy 3. Ice-T - I'm Your Pusher 4. M.C. Hammer - Turn This Mutha Out 5. Public Enemy - Fight The Power 6. The 2 Live Crew - Me So Horny 7. Biz Markie - Just A Friend 8. De La Soul (featuring Jungle Brothers, Q-Tip, Phife, Queen Latifah & Monie Love) - Buddy 9. 3rd Bass - The Gas Face 10. A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo 11. Main Source - Looking At The Front Door 12. Chubb Rock- Treat 'Em Right Disc: 3 1. Naughty By Nature - O.P.P. 2. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime 3. DJ Quik - Tonite 4. Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours (Revisited) 5. Arrested Development - Tennessee 6. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.) 7. Digable Planets - Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat) 8. The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By 9. Onyx - Slam 10. Queen latifah - U.N.I.T.Y. 11. Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M. 12. Warren G. & Nate Dogg - Regulate 13. Craig Mack - Flava In Ya Ear 14. Method Man Featuring Mary J. Blige - I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By Disc: 4 1. Redman & Method Man - How High (Remix) 2. Junior M.A.F.I.A (Featuring Little Caesar, Lil Kim & The Notorious B.I.G.) - Gettin' Money 3. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads 4. Sacrface Featuring 2Pac & Johnny P. - Smile 5. Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See 6. Timbaland & Magoo - Luv 2 Luv U 7. Gang Starr - You Know My Steez 8. DMX (Featuring Sheek Of The Lox) - Get At Me Dog 9. Noreaga - Superthug 10. The Roots Featuring Jill Scott - You Got Me 11. Common - The Light 12. 2Pac - Until The End Of Time 13. 50 Cent Featuring Nate Dogg - 21 Questions 14. Dr. Dre Featuring Snoop Dogg - The Next Episode

Attachments

And, with that, the draft is officially done.

I'll need to get everyone's rankings, but I already know that I won't have anywhere near enough time to start tabulating and polling until this weekend, so you've got a couple of days (at least) to get them to me. Be advised that the main draft board has links to (mostly) allmusic.com pages for each album and that, unless absolutely impossible to find, I tried to make sure there were sound clips available in these links.

Also, Brick and atx still each have one make-up pick that they can post whenever they want (or not).

Since I haven't done it yet, my epic leftovers list:

1. The Beatles - Anthology 2
  2. The Clash - The Story of The Clash, vol. 1
  3. The Cure - Galore
  4. David Bowie - ChangesBowie
  5. Les Paul & Mary Ford – The Best of the Capitol Masters: Selections From “The Legend and the Legacy” Box Set
  6. Natural Born Killers [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  7. Stray Cats - Runaway Boys: A Retrospective '81-'92
  8. Tom Jones - The Best of Tom Jones (no, I'm not kidding)
  9. Toots & The Maytals - Never Grow Old
  10. A Bronx Tale [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  11. Lost Highway [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  12. Ultra Lounge, vol. 12: Saxophobia
  13. Snatch [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  14. Bill Withers - The Best of Bill Withers: Lean on Me
  15. Cake - B Sides and Rarities
  16. Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross - Everybody's Boppin'
  17. Otis Redding - The Very Best of Otis Redding, vol. 1
  18. Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend (1951-1964)
  19. Wilson Pickett - A Man and a Half: The Best of Wilson Pickett
  20. X - Beyond & Back: The X Anthology
  21. Batman Forever [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  22. The History of Space Age Pop, vol. 3
  23. The Matrix [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  24. Puro Eskanol: The Latin Ska Underground
  25. Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
  26. The Andrews Sisters - Greatest Hits: The 60th Anniversary Collection
  27. Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys - Anthology (1935-1973)
  28. Dick Dale & His Del-Tones - Greatest Hits (1961-1976)
  29. Elvis Presley - The Sun Sessions CD
  30. The Monkees - Greatest Hits (again, no, I'm not kidding)
  31. Parliament - Greatest Hits (The Bomb)
  32. The Pretenders - The Singles
  33. Esquivel - Esquivel!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Oh jeez. Totally forgot about this thing.

As for the rankings...pester them via PM. Send them pictures of Roger Ebert in the buff or some such until they comply. Always works for me. ;)

so how are the rankings going guys + gals? anyone else care to post their list of alternates?
I've got seven rankings in so far, but there's plenty of time to get them to me. Between homework, packing, traveling, dental emergencies, a field trip, and family togetherness... I don't see myself having any time to start polls until next Wednesday at the very soonest. As I warned a few days ago, this thing is wrapping up during an incredibly busy time for me.

Still waiting on the same three rankings, but will start voting without them if necessary. Still ridiculously busy, so apologies to all, but I'm hoping (emphasis on hoping, not promising) to have a few vacant hours to dedicate to this thing later tonight.

Given the holiday there's no rush is there? May as well start Sunday or Monday.
The holiday is nowhere near as big of a time suck as the amount of school work I've got due over the next few weeks -- three big papers, three little papers, two complete books to read, a creative final project to conceptualize/execute, and 20+ museum ready prints. Much of that due on or before the 10th, much of it not yet even started, and this is before even considering studying for finals.

Oh, and I scheduled a root canal, just to make things really interesting.

If anyone is really, REALLY eager to get this started, let me know and I'll see about finding someone else to handle the voting stuff. Otherwise... haven't stopped caring about my draft or its eventual winner, but contests over the interwebs are pretty low on my priority totem pole right now. I have every intention of seeing this through but, in all honesty, it may be a while.

Just a bump GGG. I know it's been busy month, but just wanted to check back in with this draft and see if all the rankings were in. Who are you waiting on?

Just a bump GGG. I know it's been busy month, but just wanted to check back in with this draft and see if all the rankings were in. Who are you waiting on?
Never got rankings from bozzwell, atxrocker, or Bricklayer, but that's not the cause of the delay. I am in the middle of a brutal finals week(s).