The All-Purpose LOL Lakers thread

Both LeBron and Davis need to play in the high 30 minutes every night. Someone is going to get hurt. Davis has had problems.
But at lebrons age playing close to 40 minutes a night won’t work all season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Both LeBron and Davis need to play in the high 30 minutes every night. Someone is going to get hurt. Davis has had problems.
But at lebrons age playing close to 40 minutes a night won’t work all season.
Dwight Howard has legitimately been their third best player this season and he’s been sorta okay.

Ugh, am I going to have to begrudgingly respect Kobe for this now???

Yes, you should, haha. No, really, I respect Kobe, too. He’s flawed, as we all are, but there’s no pretense with Kobe as opposed to many other “stars”.

I’m preparing myself for anything, in respect to Kobe. As long as Lebron is part of the Lakers, doing Lebron things like getting Luke fired, who knows where Kobe might pop up? I’m just looking forward to Kobe’s eventual campaign against Lebron, and I’m 100% Team Kobe on that one.

So is the difference that he can sign for an extra year if he waits rather than an extension? What else am I missing here? Certainly no other team can pay him more than the Lakers can. And there's no rehabbing his image for those not impressed with his trade antics.

What friggin difference is an extra year guaranteed at this salary level except to your great grandkids?