The All-Purpose LOL Lakers thread

Also forgotten in this mess is AD’s last minute decision to waive his $4 mil trade kicker. Yeesh that’s a lot of money and prob is being used to help overpay kcp. All that needs to happen next is space jam 2 to flop

Also forgotten in this mess is AD’s last minute decision to waive his $4 mil trade kicker. Yeesh that’s a lot of money and prob is being used to help overpay kcp. All that needs to happen next is space jam 2 to flop
Since that deal has yet to be made official, I wonder if waiving that kicker was contingent on getting a star. $4 million doesn't mean as much now when they're cobbling together exceptions and veteran minimums. Imagine handing your bonus to KCP.

They don't have any other choice at this point. There is no other option for a third superstar. I'm not arguing that theyre better off with Green than Kawhi obviously. But it's a bit silly to scoff at Greens signing while most people here are giddy with our signings. It's a solid signing like most of ours.
Yes, it was the best they could do. It's still laughable because they are the friggin' Lakers who think they are entitled to all the prize free agents every year. It's also laughable because reading the news this morning it's clear Toronto knew what was up and at least tried to get in on the PG deal and the Lakers were never really in the picture except as the threat to get the two other teams to play. LA should have moved on other guys but they really thought because Kawhi wanted to play in LA that meant they had the leg up.

The Thunder didn't follow the rules of trading a top flight player. Star, youth, and picks. He might not be a true MVP type but the Thunder got a bunch of question marks for an all star. Picks swaps and all that won't matter. The Clippers just got good for the next few years. Good luck with that 20?? pick OKC!
So you are going to ignore SGA and Dan in the trade?? SGA will be a star in this league.

Signing Boogie helps from a talent perspective but it doesn’t help them with the fact they’re top heavy with a bunch of good bigs, Danny Green, and a bunch of bleh
I don't like this move for Boogie and I also wonder if things aren't going well how he'll take it. Although he would have helped the Spurs who will be one of the teams fighting us for 8.

Lakers really lack ball handling offensive creators and Boogie could help them create some offense in the regular season. If he accepts that at this point of his career he wil be just a role player in a good team, that could be a good signing for the Lakers.

Also he could be an occasitional first/second option when Lebron is resting

So you are going to ignore SGA and Dan in the trade?? SGA will be a star in this league.
We'll see. Again, there is usually quite a bit more guarantee when trading a star at their peak. I mean c'mon, this was someone considered to be an MVP candidate last year. But, this is just Logo doing what Logo does.

I don't think the Lakers lack depth. Kuzma as a 6th man is really solid. Javale is a perfectly acceptable big man off the bench. Cook is a weak backup PG but he can shoot. They also signed Troy Daniels who can shoot and just re-signed Caldwell-Pope who had a down year but is probably average. There could be one more move coming too, like either Iggy or Korver being bought out and joining.

I also think their rookie Horton-Tucker has a shot at providing solid minutes off the bench. He was a good defender in college and he's got a sturdy frame like PJ Tucker with a 7'1" wingspan which will help him guard a couple positions.

Last edited: