Thank You Spencer

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Loved watching you play kid. You have a big bright future and should tear up that Eastern crowd. Best of luck ;)

Maybe I am wrong, but I always had this feeling that for Spencer, playing for Sacramento wasn't just "doing job". It seemed to me that he really loved this team and the city, but even if I am wrong, I wish him all the best in his further career. He's a really talented guy and hopefully, he will come back one day.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Spencer, I always hoped you could grow into a cornerstone center in the NBA. Now it appears that if that happens, it will be in another city. Best of luck in Philly and wherever your future travels may take you. And always keep in mind the one-word piece of advice from The Graduate: Plastics Rebounding.

Well, I'll come out of my cave for this - Thank you Spencer! You were one of my favorite players on the Kings, and despite all the criticism you endured, I think you have a lot of potential, and there is a good chance that in a few years we will be watching you play and wondering what were we thinking when we let you go. Good luck in Philly!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hmm... I'm not sure if it's something related to that decade, but what does that line mean when he told that to Ben?
Well, I was born a bit late to really have an eye for the times, but I always took it as a suggestion that he thought that plastics manufacturing was going to be a very profitable industry in the short term, and that Ben should consider an occupation in that direction.

I hope the change of scenery turns out positively for you, Spencer. This time you'll have more experience under your belt and that could make all the difference. Unlike a rookie new to the league, you should have a better understanding of what you can do to make it a better experience. I wish you all the best and thanks.

Spencer was my pick....

I watched all the highlight and workout videos for the 07 draft. We were gonna get the #10 pick that was one of the first top 10 picks in quite a while. I watched Spencers videos and highlights and thought if that guy can do what he is doing in the NBA we should nab him. If you can get over the knee problems and get more aggressive well you will be a top quality player. Thanks for being my pick and good luck!

L

Lafayette

He didn't cut it, to inconsistent. I like the guy but this team needs a Defensive minded player like Sammy D.

He didn't cut it, to inconsistent. I like the guy but this team needs a Defensive minded player like Sammy D.
These threads are traditionally supposed to be for saying thanks to a departing player in a reasonably nice way. Even if I agree with your statement, there's plenty of other threads for that, like the discussion of the trade. If you just can't muster a farewell and thanks, no problem, just skip the thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Spencer, it wasn't you. It was me. You are a special person.
Really, dude? After the myriad of threads devoted to totally eviscerating Spencer when he was here, do people really have to kick him one last time - in a thread that, as kennadog pointed out above, has traditionally been to wish a departing player well?

:rolleyes:

Thank you for all the potential you have shown Mr. Hawes. If not for you, we won't have the defensive center Dalembert this coming season. You can still be great with those 3-point shots that you love. Just look at Frye of the Phoenix Suns or Bill Laimbeer of the great Pistons of yesterday. Goodluck!

Last edited:
All the best Spence. May you flourish in Philly and then sign back with us the year after if you finally become the center we hoped you would be. Look forward to seeing you beat Paul Pierce in the 3 point shootout next year!