Thank You Coach Joerger Thread!

I wanted to start a thread to Thank Coach Joeger for giving us a good 3 seasons!

Thank you for helping the kids develop and to helping give them the identity of being a young up and coming fast paced team!

You are a good coach and I think you will land on your feet with another head coaching job very soon!

Here is a classy farewell interview by Joeger with Grant.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bled-purple-dave-joerger-talks-010822389.html

We appreciate you helping bring up this young team! All the best to you coach Joeger!

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Best coach since Rick*

I don't know what went on behind the scenes to get him canned, and he certainly came off as a jerk a lot of the time, and that final game was an atrocity and FU to the fans and franchise...

...But I haven't been this pumped over the Kings in forever! The first half of the season was fun as hell! Joerger and his staff did an excellent job developing the kids on the squad, setting this team up for the next leap...so thanks for that coach J!

Best of luck to him!

*honorable mention to my dude Malone... Go Nugs!

I'm confused by these threads. It seems they are intended to be written as direct messages to a specific person, as you might tell them in person if given the opportunity. But half the posters are posting as if it's just another thread to spew their keyboard criticisms at the target of the moment, with a insincere "thanks for the memories" thrown in for good measure. If Dave were actually expected to read the messages on this thread, I'd be totally embarrassed. But knowing he's not likely to read it, does it even matter?

I'm confused by these threads. It seems they are intended to be written as direct messages to a specific person, as you might tell them in person if given the opportunity. But half the posters are posting as if it's just another thread to spew their keyboard criticisms at the target of the moment, with a insincere "thanks for the memories" thrown in for good measure. If Dave were actually expected to read the messages on this thread, I'd be totally embarrassed. But knowing he's not likely to read it, does it even matter?
Im confident Dave as well as all kings affiliated ppl read these boards.

I am pretty sure his way of bringing along rookies was well thought out to him. Can’t argue with Giles case or Fox’s either.
But the way he handled Bagley is very confusing to me.

Thank You Coach Joeger, as you were instrumental in making the Kings a respectable organization for at least a season. Hopefully, they can build on your work. Good luck except for when your team plays the Kings!

Dave was a solid placeholder. In the NBA you can do a whole lot worse than hiring Dave Joerger. GL out there!

The way Dave held out til the final moments of the 4th to bring Fox and Willie fresh back in the game, it really worked quite a bit, that will pay dividends for our team in late game exectuion for a long time to come though.. I like that he was adding in that little extra bit of pressure, for the simple fact that our young guys are so good, they can handle it..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I listened to Coach Joerger on Grants show, and he was classy as usual. No bitterness at all. Just thankful for the opportunity he got here, and that regardless of where he lands next, he'll root for this current crop of players and hopes they make the playoffs next year. I felt he was sincere, and also not stupid as to burn bridges. In the meantime he implied that he was going to hang around Sacramento and support the city and the team as long as he was here.

I think he's the best coach we've had since Adelman, sorry Mike, and I wish him well. Every coach is criticized about something. I remember people on this very forum criticizing Adelman for one thing or another. It comes with the territory. Fare thee well Dave, and if I run into you, the drinks are on me!

I thought he far exceeded national expectations here and didn’t deserve to get fired. Unfortunately he was a victim of Vivek/Vlade ego/politics and I wish him well in future endeavors.

I thought he was a great young energetic coach, that will be missed.

I think people keep missing the central issue here. He wasn’t fired over the last stretch, or playong SF/PF Barnes who played better at PF in Dallas PF here after overweight Bjelica earned the pine. Those are finicky fan reasons that don’t stand to tying Milwaukee for greatest improvement per Las Vegas odds

When he said it was “unfortunate for us” that Doncic had no ceiling, the relationship was in effect over for him and Vlade and him and Bagley. It was a jerkoff comment that drew the line in the sand. Bagley wasn’t going to have a relationship with a coach who openly pined for another rookie (that’s when Marvin’s dad really started acting up), and it questioned Vlade’s acumen publically.

It wasn’t an issue that was ever going to be skirted over. That’s why Vlade mentioned he thought about it at all star break, but he couldn’t fire him then without the authority of the extension and the team outright playong good ball

I wish Dave didn’t make the comment, but then it questions whether the circumstances should have existed

Dave has an ego, and he reportedly wanted Doncic at the draft. To see Doncic start off like that and Marvin struggle had to gnaw at him as it did any Luka re-litigate posters at the time.

He couldn’t help himself, and paid the price

Yeah I think he dug his grave with the Doncic comments. Vlade should have been let go as well though. The Philly trade and passing on Doncic were two major mis-steps.

Dave should look for a college job. He’s had issues with roster control at both NBA stops. College coaches control their own rosters. There should be some plum jobs opening up soon in the college ranks. I would advise Dave to jump on one of those opportunities. Plus, as long as he goes to a football school he can be a little aloof from the AD and media and no one will care.

Dave should look for a college job. He’s had issues with roster control at both NBA stops. College coaches control their own rosters. There should be some plum jobs opening up soon in the college ranks. I would advise Dave to jump on one of those opportunities. Plus, as long as he goes to a football school he can be a little aloof from the AD and media and no one will care.
There is a pretty high likelihood that Dave gets the Minny job. I think he would be a pretty good coach for them.