Terrance Ross

Would Terrance Ross from the magic be a good target to go after at trade deadline?

Not ideal size but better than what we are putting out there now at the 3 and on offense is a terrific 3 point shooter.

Would Terrance Ross from the magic be a good target to go after at trade deadline?

Not ideal size but better than what we are putting out there now at the 3 and on offense is a terrific 3 point shooter.
He’s gonna be a free agent this offseason too I believe so we can just wait until the offseason. If you’re suggesting Ross is the missing piece to a playoff push I’m not sure I see that

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If he is a free agent this summer, the Kings should pursue him. He is a good shot creator and shoots the three ball at a decent clip. He is a bit streaky though but having another player that can create would help the Kings out.

If he is a free agent this summer, the Kings should pursue him. He is a good shot creator and shoots the three ball at a decent clip. He is a bit streaky though but having another player that can create would help the Kings out.
We have Hield & Bogdanovic already. We need someone with legitimate SF size.

Ross can come in and provide bench scoring, you move Bogs to the starting unit to play SF until you fill that void with Free Agency or trade.
We shouldn't be settling for a Bogdanovic sized player at SF.

Why would you suggest signing a redundant player with similar size and say we'll fill the SF void later with free agency or trade? Why waste your money on him when you can use that money today to acquire that player?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We shouldn't be settling for a Bogdanovic sized player at SF.

Why would you suggest signing a redundant player with similar size and say we'll fill the SF void later with free agency or trade? Why waste your money on him when you can use that money today to acquire that player?
because the Kings don't have many threats from deep and Ross would provide that. I also don't think he would be too pricey. He can also run up and down the court with Fox due to his athletic ability.

because the Kings don't have many threats from deep and Ross would provide that. I also don't think he would be too pricey. He can also run up and down the court with Fox due to his athletic ability.
We’re 3rd in the league in 3PT% but we don’t have enough threats?

If he wants a min contract, sure. But we shouldn’t be focusing our free agency efforts on yet another 6’4”-6’7” wing (Hield, Bogdanovic, McLemore, Shumpert, Jackson).

It’s about priorities. Ross should be way down on that list.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We’re 3rd in the league in 3PT% but we don’t have enough threats?

If he wants a min contract, sure. But we shouldn’t be focusing our free agency efforts on yet another 6’4”-6’7” wing (Hield, Bogdanovic, McLemore, Shumpert, Jackson).

It’s about priorities. Ross should be way down on that list.
Shump & McLemore are expendable. Jackson will eventually grow into the teams backup SF position. I'm not saying Ross is a top priority, but he should be pursued if the price is right, that is all.