"Tanking" - blessing or curse?

How do you feel about "tanking"? (MULTIPLE CHOICE)

• 1. I want my team to win and do the best they can with what they have.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • 2. Losing now to get better in the future is much better than continuing to be mediocre.

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • 3. I want the team to do their best but wish/hope Petrie would do something.

Votes: 73 57.9%
  • 4. It's not "tanking" to develop younger players and position for a better spot in the draft.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • 5. Other

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
so trade that 10th pick to a team who's looking to move up.

you've already stated that you think the draft is a crapshoot. doesn't it stand to reason that it's more of a crapshoot at the bottom of the draft than at the top? history has shown that a larger portion of the talent is at the top; if you whiff, that is your fault (GMs) for not picking the right player.

and even so, since it's a crapshoot, then trade that pick to a team who wants it for an asset that you're comfortable with! the 10th pick has more value than anything less than the tenth pick!

Isn't it amazing that no matter how many scouts teams put out there, no matter how much tape they break down, no matter how many opinions they get about players, there are picks (yes, as well as trades and free agent signings) made every year that, with the benefit of hindsight, are clearly mistakes?:rolleyes:

Isn't it amazing that no matter how many scouts teams put out there, no matter how much tape they break down, no matter how many opinions they get about players, there are picks (yes, as well as trades and free agent signings) made every year that, with the benefit of hindsight, are clearly mistakes?:rolleyes:
what's the point? you're focusing on the wrong part of my comment. so tell me, why would you not want the higher draft pick, even if you just want to trade it off to another team???:confused: