Taking players who haven’t worked out

Taking players who haven’t come by for workout?

• Take them anyway

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, only if they want to be here

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
We are still trying to re-establish our reputation after the last few years, so we still might not be bringing in for work outs whoever we like. Not speaking of my own opinion, but Jackson and Bamba are two highly touted prospects that have not come by. If Vlade’s big board happens to be (not my own), Doncic than Jackson, and Doncic is picked first, would you take your second choice anyway if you were in his shoes?

I always believe that any team (unless very specific circumstances like, they are actually in Playoffs contention) should always pick the best player available regardless.

If we wanted Jackson we'd have him work out. I don't think he's in our mix.
I personally question that. We’re talking a top 4 consensus player. Phoenix had all Ayton/Bagley/Bamba/Jackson come by. But regardless I tried to make the post/poll regardless of that argument, in terms of a hypothetical

I personally question that. We’re talking a top 4 consensus player. Phoenix had all Ayton/Bagley/Bamba/Jackson come by. But regardless I tried to make the post/poll regardless of that argument, in terms of a hypothetical
I don't think we want a player who can't spend significant time at the 3. And I believe we were evaluating Bagley on that potential.

I don't think we want a player who can't spend significant time at the 3. And I believe we were evaluating Bagley on that potential.
to the original question, would you take someone who chose not to work out for you if he was second on your big board and move on to the third guy who did work out?

I would not take a player that refused to come/meet with the Kings especially in a strong draft like this (where there are strong prospects who did work out with the Kings)

to the original question, would you take someone who chose not to work out for you if he was second on your big board and move on to the third guy who did work out?
Would I?

Possibly. I wouldn't want a Steve Francis situation so I'd have to gauge whether the kid would report to the team if drafted.

But the reason question is, would Vlade? And I think the answer is no. He wants guys that want to be a King.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd still draft a player if they don't work out, I'm all for taking talent, regardless of whether they want to be here or not. They are rookies, they have no say where they get to play.