T-Wolves lost to Hawks

They can't win any East road game this year, including Atlanta...

The face of KG after the game? Priceless.

Bye bye T-pups~~~~~ :D

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Their season is officially over.
amazing. they were some experts' pick to go all the way. sprewell and cassell are both real talents but i wouldn't want them on my team.

this just makes me appreciate rick adelman, the players petrie gets, and the kings' organization that much more.

here's to our kings.;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Since93 said:
Anyone knows the magic number of Grizzlies win or T-Wolves lose to kick Wolves out of the playoffs?
Hmmm! I thought they were eliminated last night (the same time the Kings clinched).

Ooops! I take that back. I was watching Rick Kamla (sp?) last night on Fantasy Hoops (nbatv). He is a Wolves fan. He said they are done, but he did say it was still possible, but very unlikely.

So, to answer your question..........I have no idea. ;) :eek:

Last edited:
The T'wolves don't have the ominous "o-Eliminated from Playoffs contention" beside their name in the standings on nba.com, so I have to assume they're still mathematically alive.

PixelPusher said:
The T'wolves don't have the ominous "o-Eliminated from Playoffs contention" beside their name in the standings on nba.com, so I have to assume they're still mathematically alive.
I just checked... I think if Grizz win 2 out of the remaining 7, T-Wolves are done.

Correct me if I am wrong.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Yes mathamamticly Memphis has to win a game or tow more before Minny's loses translate in to a actual elimination, but at this point all Memphis has to do is win a few more and the math is done. More importantly whe a team of Minny's previous caliber loose must win games against teams like the Hawks it underscores their irrelvance. Expecta fire sale on old vets.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Since93 said:
I just checked... I think if Grizz win 2 out of the remaining 7, T-Wolves are done.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I think that is correct. And if the Wolves lose another game, that reduces the # of games either the Grizz or the Nuggets must win.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My only interest in this development is whether there's any chance this could actually land KG on the market this summer.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
My only interest in this development is whether there's any chance this could actually land KG on the market this summer.
Long shot. My guess is that Mc Hale's TOP priorty is keeping KG. There are onlyh few guys good enough to be the kind of big ticket you build a team arround. KG is one of them. Only way I see him going is if there is just no way to dump Casel and or Spreewell with out putting KG out there, and I dout that is the case. KG might DEMAND a trade but no gaurentee that will acomplish much.

Bricklayer

HndsmCelt said:
KG might DEMAND a trade but no gaurentee that will acomplish much.
This is the scenario I am mainly interested in -- you would have to the world's greatest fool to move KG under any other cirumstances. Of course there is one other possibility -- the "we are pinned by KGs contract and very cheap" option. But that's a long shot too.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well Brick I'll hold out hope with you this one, even though we both know it is a very long shot. On the other hand IF KG realizes he has no chance to win a championship in Minny AND IF he were looking for a team that is about one superstar power forward away from being top contenders Sac might look good to him... oh well we can dream. Just rememberd a dream discussion we had about 3 seasons back where we thought the Kings ought to bring in the soon to be FA Brad Miller... so some dreams do come true.

embarassing!

losing to the hawks is big time embarassing, even more so when you are fighting for your playoff lives.

BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

EFF YOU WOOFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bricklayer

AleksandarN said:
That would leave us with no center. That would be terrible. I would not mind if traded Pedja and Bibby for KG now that would be the best option.
Actually the Brad and Peja deal is the better -- KG would be the ultimate partner for Bibby, and Bibby's clutch play is the stuff champinships can be made of. And KG rebounds well enough for two men up front. But anyway, its also a pipedream on top of speculation.