Switcheroo

I had a thought recently concerning players we have had during this playoff drought, and how many of them were any good? would any of them help this team? Who would you add, starter or bench, and why would it be Pooh Jeter? In all seriousness, the first guy that comes to mind would be Ron Artest. Instant defense in the starting lineup and brings a toughness to us. I am sure there are others who might not start but could be useful. Thoughts?

I had a thought recently concerning players we have had during this playoff drought, and how many of them were any good? would any of them help this team? Who would you add, starter or bench, and why would it be Pooh Jeter? In all seriousness, the first guy that comes to mind would be Ron Artest. Instant defense in the starting lineup and brings a toughness to us. I am sure there are others who might not start but could be useful. Thoughts?
DeMarcus without all of that extra baggage he hauled around with him.

I mean, adding prime Ron Artest to this team probably makes us a top 3 seed. Ron was an All-Star when he was here and an unbelievable defender.

To answer the question, there are tons of players we've had during the playoff drought that would help this team, and plenty that would start.

I think we made the playoffs with Ron Artest, so I’m not sure about the rules of this counterfactual.

Rudy Gay is about the only starter from our past that I think would be a clear upgrade over their counterpart from today. Our bench certainly has room for improvement.

The team has had a lot of decent players, some just didn't click in Sac, other were over extended in in their role.

Jason Thompson spent most of his time here as a starter, when he was really just a solid backup with unfulfilled 3rd big potential.

I think we made the playoffs with Ron Artest, so I’m not sure about the rules of this counterfactual.

Rudy Gay is about the only starter from our past that I think would be a clear upgrade over their counterpart from today. Our bench certainly has room for improvement.
Yeah, I am not quite sure that Ron Artest can be a valid answer here as well, as we made the playoffs with him on the roster.

Last edited:
Well, I mean you obviously would add the star power but as a bench guy that would be attainable Carl Landry would be the guy most likely. Had some decent run in a similar system in GS. You can basically run the same pnr catch and finish plays they run for Domas for Carl.

Reaching for names that haven't been mentioned - Kevin Martin was a nice offensive player. Questionable defense, fosho.

Vince Carter, if you could have a much younger version than the one who actually played in Sacramento..

Last edited:
Reaching for names that haven't been mentioned - Kevin Martin was a nice offensive player. Questionable defense, fosho.

Vince Carter, if you could have a much younger version than the one who actually played in Sacramento..
K-Mart was fantastic when he was healthy.

Not sure I'd want him ON THIS ROSTER if he'd be injured for a significant part of the season every year.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Artest on this squad would be fun.

Imagine having to deal with him and Davion running around. Call that duo "The Pound" cause of all the dawg in 'em!

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Once upon a time Seth Curry was on this team, and he would be very useful. Wouldn't mind having Brad Miller/ Luc Mbah a Moute/Nocioni back either..

The 2 Cincinnati Royals in my avatar picture - Oscar Robertson and Jerry Lucas - could help. Oscar set the standard that Westbrook equaled, but Oscar was better. At 6'5" he could overpower most guards in addition to all the other skills. Jerry Lucas was the third best big man of his time (after Russell and Wilt). At 6'8" he couldn't play center today, but he could bang with the best of them, was a terrific passer and an amazing outside shooter.

Ron Artest was in the last Kings playoff game 16 years ago. It's too early to tell. Maintaining .500+ is the objective. The 2018/2019 team is the measuring stick right now. They kept near .500 the whole season peaking @ 30-26. Fox today has taken strides and is better than Fox of 2019. Optimistic with the team coming together. Sabonis facilitating, Fox and Barnes leading, Huerter/ Murray shooting, Monk, Mitchell, Davis energy.....even warming up to Lyles a bit. Metu showed some good energy earlier, but fell off in Pistons game. Holmes looks mopey.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Disappointing to see Holmes not energized enough really this season.....I mean we've seen him play dynamo earlier, but be a big boy and help the team - especially on defense. Bring it or sit.
Yeah I mean did he go blind when those eye injuries last year. Hasn’t been the same since