SuperBowl 55 (2021) Discussion Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Far be it for me to judge people for this but what you bringing your 95 year old elderly mom to a superspreader event for?

Words cannot express how angry I just was at Tony Romo being so distraught over poor poor human garbage Tyreek Hill getting taunted after that play.
I never liked anything at all about Tony Romo (or as they called the loser in Dallas - Tony NOMO). Overrated NFL QB who never won anything, choked every big moment in payoffs. I never understood why CBS paid him zillions of dollars (makes 4-5 times as much smooth professional announcer Jim Nantz). Romo's voice rough and while dude might be knowledgeable about parts of game not easy to listen to all game long. Highly overpaid mediocrity, imo.

I never liked anything at all about Tony Romo (or as they called the loser in Dallas - Tony NOMO). Overrated NFL QB who never won anything, choked every big moment in payoffs. I never understood why CBS paid him zillions of dollars (makes 4-5 times as much smooth professional announcer Jim Nantz). Romo's voice rough and while dude might be knowledgeable about parts of game not easy to listen to all game long. Highly overpaid mediocrity, imo.
I thought he was REALLY good his first season. I also think they made him change what he was doing to be more of a "storyline guy" - first year he was doing hardcore analysis of what was about to happen, now he's telling us a bunch of garbage from a teleprompter.

Probably the favorite athlete of my lifetime and I am so happy for him but it definitely stings. Not that the Pats were going anywhere this year, but I don't see a new QB in sight for them either, so ... congrats my dude.

Who is the greatest "champion" of all time professional team sports, so-called G.O.A.T. In football maybe Jim Brown or Walter Payton but as great as both were only one championship - not unlike Aaron Rodgers (so far). So, here goes some kind of credible list I suppose:

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth, Pele...