SuperBowl 55 (2021) Discussion Thread

Full Disclosure - moderately pulling for the Bucs.

What I think will happen:
No surprise here, Chiefs win 37-30
Bucs play better than expected, and even win the turnover battle but Chiefs offense as usual just too much with Mahomes and Kelce..

What I hope will happen:
Fournette has a bigtime game (120+ yards 2 TDs) to alleviate pressure on Brady who himself has a solid game, and the Bucs get a late turnover INT to eek out a win:
31-28....or hoping for an upset Giants style over Patriots (fat chance).

Can the Bucs offense turn it up a notch and keep up with Mahomes? Will the Chiefs defense intercept Brady? How many turnovers will the Bucs force - I'm guessing 2 --> 1 INT and 1 fumble.

Go Bucs (for tomorrow).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Much like last year, this one is a no-doubter. The Chiefs are the superior team and are winning. I don’t think the Bucs can put up the same fight the Niners did, and win by at least 2 TDs.

I’m rooting HARD for Brady though.

Much like last year, this one is a no-doubter. The Chiefs are the superior team and are winning. I don’t think the Bucs can put up the same fight the Niners did, and win by at least 2 TDs.

I’m rooting HARD for Brady though.
Yeah, I don't like Brady too much but dont mind him on the Bucs vs Patriots. You might be right on the fight, but I thought the Bucs were toast against the Saints, and they proved me wrong in a big way, and then they 1-upped the Packers (I wasn't as surprised - felt the Packers were overrated). I think they will actually play the Chiefs closer than the 49ers thanks to better offense and coaching than the 49ers (but still lose) .
Little doubt the 49ers had the best defense last year - but the Chiefs are a buzz-saw.....like I said in the other thread - would love to time warp this Chiefs team against 2014 Seahawks or 2001 Ravens defenses and see if Mahomes could win....my instinct says the 2014 Seahawks beat them while the Ravens not. With teams against Chiefs (since Mahomes) - other teams have usually won with offense rather than defense. Games with the Chiefs score less, their offense still manages to do enough.

Would be nice result
I haven't followed Vegas betting line much but opened -3.5 Chiefs and now sits at -3.0. Did hear early on heavy opening line betting for Bucs but don't know if held up. Weather game time predicted around 73F with some rain showers but 6:30 PM ET start clear. Field could be soggy and that could slow down KC speed demons or slick ball somehow escape Kelce's clutch gloves. I think final score close no matter what in the Bucs home stadium.

Last edited:
I haven't followed Vegas betting line much but opened -3.5 Chiefs and now sits at -3.0. Did hear early on heavy opening line betting for Bucs but don't know if held up. Weather game time predicted around 73F with some rain showers but 6:30 PM ET start clear. Field could be soggy and that could slow down KC speed demons or slick ball somehow escape Kelce's clutch gloves. I think final score close no matter what in the Bucs home stadium.
Yeah, I hate watching poor-weather football - it cheapens the game. It could be close and agree as a prediction....but,.....I thought the Bills were the #2 team in the league and they got thrashed. The Bucs do have the underdog mantle these playoffs, and I think they will surprise, but the Chiefs (and especially Mahomes) are just too good on offense. Chiefs talent level affords them more mistakes in the game than the Bucs. I did like the way the Bucs safeties (before injuries) were laying the wood out earlier. Now if Mahomes gets injured in the game all bets off. Would love to see the Bucs shock the Chiefs. Bucs are more of underdog than the 49ers last year. If the Chiefs defense play as well as against the Bills, the Chiefs offense won't even have to play its best game.

Interesting statistic: Mahomes is 27-1 with Eric Fisher, 3-3 without.....doesn't change my prediction though :) Mahomes scramble will kick in. Would welcome a Bucs win.

honestly shocked they didn't get that in watching it real time and on the first replay before the break. oh well. I have a rooting interest in this but it's not going to make me pound a fist on furniture either way.

Against GB I really only started paying attention after the secondary went down, but dang this TB defense really is that good so far. I hate giving Arians any credit as he has been a s-heel all year but ok. Todd Bowles also kind of a known jerk?

Against GB I really only started paying attention after the secondary went down, but dang this TB defense really is that good so far. I hate giving Arians any credit as he has been a s-heel all year but ok. Todd Bowles also kind of a known jerk?
Tampa's D is playing better than the niners at the same stage last year.