Suns @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VF21 said:
So can completely blown calls by offiicals that cost us having the game go into overtime.
Sacramento radio guys didn't seem to think the call was that obvious, and that's all I have to go on at this point.

Wow.. long thread.

Disappointing night. A clip of that last second shot is already floating on the net. If anyone wants it, I can upload to yousendit.com.

The angle doesn’t give you much. It looked like it could've gone either way, honestly.

**hope it’s okay with the Mods. It’s the last play only, and is strictly for analyzing.

4cwebb said:
Sacramento radio guys didn't seem to think the call was that obvious, and that's all I have to go on at this point.
Gary Gearld thought it was an OK call from the ref. But Coach T said it was goaltending. He said it like several times.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
4cwebb said:
That's all you have to go on? Gary Gerould, who wouldn't say anything bad EVER?

What about all the Kings fans here who WATCHED the game? What about Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds, WHO BOTH said it was goal-tending pure and simple? Or do you think we're all lying?

:rolleyes:

To me, the start of the 3rd quarter, the 2 techs, really changed the momentum... Kings need to play through non calls and not get so caught up in it, and lose their composure.. And when oh when, will Peja learn how to dunk the ball!!! Im soo tired of seeing Peja do sissy layups, when he can dunk the ball. I mean how many layups has he missed??? And Mike, he's been playing soo well lately, but his freethrow shooting has been so subpar this year...76%. while last year he was 80.. Webb is shooting a better percentage then him....ughgh guess im just frustrated....

Just got back from the game....and.....I'm pretty much speechless. That was possibly the worst call of the year. I hope this is a game that's used during the offseason to instate modifications to the replay rules. It's just sad to know that the Kings had to be the victims before something like this is realized. But I have to say: although the Kings were screwed as all hell, it should've never come to this. They had all those missed free throws and mindless layup misses near the end that really cost them the game. To be honest, I'm more angry with the All-Star ridiculousness. I can't believe the Kings could be screwed TWICE in a day in different manners. I hope they use tonight's game and the All-Star disrespect to go on a rampage. I'm not sure if teh Kings have ever suffered so much adversity in this era; hopefully all this built up adversity will turn from potential energy into insane kinetic energy. That was for all you physics nerds.

I'll post it here too..

Here's what I could get down, from Cuttino:

I think we got robbed...Some refs take it to heart, some refs hold grudes. Seeing how good the game was I think we deserve a replay. Should the refs get fined for messing a game up? The top office protects them to the fullest. I think they go unsteamed. its blatant...You don't ask the other refs or go to the table. Great game. Should they get fined for that...we''ll get fined if we say something because they're cry babies....They'll go tell on us fast...thats the cost of the game right there. ...Its terrible...you can't talk to refs, some are too young or too old to talk to.....I think they should get punished also.. they rushing out like someone is going to beat hem up. No one is going to touch you, they're protected like they are in the governemnt....Its pitiful....You shouldn't hold grudges, we don't hold grudes.....That is maybe going to hurt us in the long run....I get knee and the ref is like "I'm sorry" Sorry, I'm limping, might not play on thursday..... Its ridiculous. Its nothing agaisnt them, but you react like how you do to us, that's how it is....You don't hold grudes and close you eyes and ignore calls....If you fouled him, you fouled him., none of this its the end of the game....I don't care.I'm sticking up for my team becasue I think I'm right in this.....Yes. Yes. I did becasue you need to review it....What you got differnt rules for different games. If you are going to call it, call it.

Last edited:
KP said:
Holy crap! Cutino is going off on the radio! Turn on the radio if you can!
Thanks. When I turned it on, he was still going off. He said he support his teammates. Said it was a very bad call from the refs and don't care if he gets fine, etc. Thought the refs should at least huddle and watch a replay. Also mentioned that Bibby asked a ref that about similar calls from the Wolves game? and didn't understand why the refs today didn't call it...the ref just answered back "I wasn't at the Wolves game." Cat was upset and said "what? every game there's a new rule?" The media is also digging in too and asking Cat too much question. Hehe. (Ya know, Medias. ;))

Every time there is a game whereit comes down to a final referee call to decide the game I have to tell myself that if my team hadn't let it be that close then there would be no question. Sometimes you get the call to go your way and most of the time you don't.
Note to the Kings: Never let #7 Bernie Fryer decide the fate of the game for you. You will lose.

ReinadelosReys said:
I'll post it here too..

Here's what I could get down, from Cuttino:

I think we got robbed...Some refs take it to heart, some refs hold grudes. Seeing how good the game was I think we deserve a replay. Should the refs get fined for messing a game up? The top office protects them to the fullest. I think they go unsteamed. its blatant...You don't ask the other refs or go to the table. Great game. Should they get fined for that...we''ll get fined if we say something....They'll go tell on us fast...thats the cost of the game right there. ...Its terrible...you can't talk to refs, some are too young or too old to talk to.....I think they should get punished also.. they rushing out like someone is going to beat hem up. No one is going to touch you, they're protected like they are in the governemnt....Its pitiful....You shouldn't hold grudges, we don't hold grudes.....That is maybe going to hurt us in the long run....I get knee and the ref is like "I'm sorry" Sorry, I'm limping, might not play on thursday..... Its ridiculous. Its nothing agaisnt them, but you react like how you do to us, that's how it is....You don't hold grudes and close you eyes and ignore calls....If you fouled him, you fouled him., none of this its the end of the game....I don't care.I'm sticking up for my team becasue I think I'm right in this.....Yes. Yes. I did becasue you need to review it....What you got differnt rules for different games. If you are going to call it, call it.
He said even more than that though.

^^LOL, Reina. :D You're right though, Cat did talk fast. I wrote a bit more above.

Good job though, Reina. You did get a lot of what Cat said. :)

ReinadelosReys said:
Yeah. He talks fast though. If it was Webb or Mike talking, I could have gotten it all down.
Trust me I was impressed that you got all that, he was all over the place.

PT Cruiser 9ROC said:
Just got back from the game....and.....I'm pretty much speechless. That was possibly the worst call of the year. I hope this is a game that's used during the offseason to instate modifications to the replay rules. It's just sad to know that the Kings had to be the victims before something like this is realized. But I have to say: although the Kings were screwed as all hell, it should've never come to this. They had all those missed free throws and mindless layup misses near the end that really cost them the game. To be honest, I'm more angry with the All-Star ridiculousness. I can't believe the Kings could be screwed TWICE in a day in different manners. I hope they use tonight's game and the All-Star disrespect to go on a rampage. I'm not sure if teh Kings have ever suffered so much adversity in this era; hopefully all this built up adversity will turn from potential energy into insane kinetic energy. That was for all you physics nerds.
Finally someone who was there!^

I Phantom said:
Upon looking at the SportsCenter replay, I'm going to have to say it was definitley a goaltend. Lame as hell, but you still really can't dwell on it.
Agreed, but it is hard to go from ticked off to Melo in a matter of moments.

ive also noticed with him that he tends to run his sentences together...like there are no periods...lol

but i think him being so heated he couldn't help it...there were so many thoughts and ideas in his head he had to unleash them all...hehe

i see Brad throwing some MAJOR BOWS in Seattle on Thursday

Seattle is prolly watchin the highlights and are like "damn you refs"--cuz they got next..HAHA

Heuge said:
Agreed, but it is hard to go from ticked off to Melo in a matter of moments.
this one's gonna take awhile...and i don't think anyone will truly get over until we beat the Suns when we see them next...we still have them two more times

iheartBrad said:
this one's gonna take awhile...and i don't think anyone will truly get over until we beat the Suns when we see them next...we still have them two more times
Both in April. April 16th in Phoenix and April 20th at Arco

iheartBrad said:
I think we play them 2 of the last 4 or so games. :eek:

i say we give them their worst home loss in the history of their organization

and go Stromile Swift crazy on them

last week or so when the Suns lost to the Grizz....Swift basically made Nash cry...BAHAHAHA...he got himself thrown out of the game in the 4th he could go cry in the lockerroom privately

iheartBrad said:
Wasn't that bad a loss. Losses happen now and then. We beat them before and we had a great chance to beat them this game.

Positives I thought CAT looked a lot more comfortable with the team. Webb had some limpage going on dont know if that was an ankle or knee. He looked slow at times. Bibby was Bibby, just wish he would D up like he did for the USA team.

My most upsetting loss this year is the Heat still. This one wasn't so bad. Hey and IH8RTB when you send BRAD a card on Monday please use this for your PS..

DUNK THE BALL

Didn't get to see the game, but most of you sound as upbeat as possible about the loss as you can...

Too bad though... we have a horrid record against the "good" teams of the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.