Stro Swift?

I'd do it.... He'd be a good energy big for us... and gets rid of KT's contract.

No, he's not a great rebounder, but he can get some boards, block shots, provide energy, and get hustle points.

Sign a big like Nazr/Joel Pryzbilla, get a back-up C for the LLE (Voshkul). If Brad's still here, then get a couple defensive bigs for the bench.

:)

Last edited:
I'd consider it but would he want to come to Sacramento? I don't think he did last season and he seems awful picky considering he's slightly better than mediocre.

It would all depend on if the Grizzlies would want KT though. Maybe they would prefer Corliss? I think we could get it done if we really wanted too.

Grizzlies get:
Rudy Gay
Kenny Thomas or Corliss

Rockets get:
Shane Battier

Kings get:
Stromile Swift

Bibby/Douby/Hart-Price
Wells/Martin
Artest/Garcia
Swift/SAR/Justin Williams
Nazr-Joel (MLE)-Brad/Voshkul (if Brad's not here)-Elson

KT/Potapenko/maybe Brad - gone.

Bibby/Douby/Hart-Price
Wells/Martin
Artest/Garcia
Swift/SAR/Justin Williams
Nazr-Joel (MLE)-Brad/Voshkul (if Brad's not here)-Elson

KT/Potapenko/maybe Brad - gone.

If that is our team why would Brad be gone. You are not saying we're just going to dump him for dumping him are we? We are not going to take a dump for Brad. We can get a lot back for him.

I didn't say anything about dumping Brad, we'd trade him for something nice if we signed Nazr or Joel. Unless Nazr/Joel would accept backing up Brad, or vice versa....

I bet if we sign Bonzi, he might be able lure Swift here if we get in on that deal (if he still feels that way)l. They played in Memphis together for 1 season +.

He is an athletic tweener and average one at that. Solid shotblocker, ****house defender and dumb as a bucket of shrimp. Not to mention he is seriously overpaid for his production.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Stro doesn't seem to fit ANYONES system. He was always talked up like was going to develop into something special, even as late as last year! He has been in the league 6 years with little improvement to his game. The writing is on the wall. Looking at the deal involving Gay/Battier, Stro was a salary dump. Nothing more.

Stro doesn't seem to fit ANYONES system. He was always talked up like was going to develop into something special, even as late as last year! He has been in the league 6 years with little improvement to his game. The writing is on the wall. Looking at the deal involving Gay/Battier, Stro was a salary dump. Nothing more.
Well said.

At least KT can rebound and hit on open jumper. Stro can't do any of that. He has to be THE most over-rated player in the NBA.

KT couldn't hit his jumpshot all year, it was like he lost it and couldn't find it like a little baby's rattle. It wasn't even incosnsistent where he would hit it sometimes, then not. He occasionally hit the jumper on the season, but that's IT. Not even minimal significance. I don't know where it went, but can't think of any reason why he lost it compared to 04-05 and before. If it's because of coming off the bench the 1st half of the season, that's damn pathetic. Other than rebounding, he's a decent passer, and gets hustle points. Due to a shoulder injury he became less effective down the stretch and into the playoffs. Whether that was still there, I don't know.

If we have to keep KT, I want a defensive center next to him. I hope he regains his jumpshot too that he completely lost.

Brad/KT is just not even a solid 4/5 spot on both ends of the floor. Very little complimentary. Keeping Brad/SAR/KT as the core front-court.... - yuck.

Last edited:
I would move Kenny, and have Swift come off the bench for us, but Kenny's contract wouldn't work, he makes too much money. Corliss would work, but I would want a 1st rounder back, preferable from Memphis. Swift's contract isn't bad in comparison to KT's, and I'd rather have Swift's athleticism, and one block a game.

Swift couldn't get Memphis to give him a big contract, forcing him onto the FA market, and ending up with a short mid-level contract. A year later and he's back with the team that didn't want to overpay for him. It's not a surprise he's threating not to report.

Agreed, I'd be cool with that ^.

Then would just need to change up the center spot with defense and rebounding. Neither of what we have there right now with Brad Miller and Vitaly Potapenko. Well, I guess Vitaly's a good defender, but come on, not behind Brad Miller, and you can get better than Pota in general.

Last edited:
Swfit sucks, end of story. Let someone else pay his salary. I wouldn't even trade Kenny for him, and that's really saying something.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Getting Swift for Kenny would be reasonable for us -- switching problems, but getting length and athleticism in exhange. But at this point Swift just has to be considered depth, not a solution. As part of a move toward more interior presence? Sure. But only for the right price and only if there is somebody else brought in to anchor things in front of him.

Last edited:
Getting Swift for Kenny would be reasonable for us -- switchign problems, but getting length and athetisim in exhange. But at this point Swift just has to be considered depth, not a solution. As part of a move toward more interior presence? Sure. But only for the right price and only if there is somebody else brought in to anchor things in front of him.
When I wrote my earlier post I had thought that Swift had a longer deal than Kenny, but it's actually a year shorter. So yeah, Kenny for Swift wouldn't be so bad.

Getting Swift for Kenny would be reasonable for us -- switchign problems, but getting length and athetisim in exhange. But at this point Swift just has to be considered depth, not a solution. As part of a move toward more interior presence? Sure. But only for the right price and only if there is somebody else brought in to anchor things in front of him.
Spot on.